2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 75 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“If you went into a laboratory and made a basketball player, Paige Bueckers would be the result,” Edina head coach Matt Nilsen said in the release. "She went over 2,000 career points, but what separates her from most scorers is her court vision and her passing. Her decision-making ability is extraordinarily fast, unlike anything I’ve seen.”

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesot...inalist-for-national-player-of-the-year-award

just reinforces what we've seen for the past few years.......................if she comes to UConn NC's will likely follow................

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Bueckers junior mixtape:

I'm sure she will be wonderful wherever she goes, but I get legitimately excited when I start thinking about the kind of player Bueckers could become after four years with Geno and CD.

Reaction Score
just reinforces what we've seen for the past few years........if she comes to UConn NC's will likely follow......
She’s not coming to UCONN folks!! It’s Notre Dame or she stays home and gets Minnesota back to a top program like Aisha Wilson did for SC. I believe she ends up at Notre Dame and Clark ends up at Oregon State and Hailey Ends up at Oregon and Azzi follow her best friend Paige to Notre Dame. Once again Geno will lose out again

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
She’s not coming to UCONN folks!! It’s Notre Dame or she stays home and gets Minnesota back to a top program like Aisha Wilson did for SC. I believe she ends up at Notre Dame and Clark ends up at Oregon State and Hailey Ends up at Oregon and Azzi follow her best friend Paige to Notre Dame. Once again Geno will lose out again

My grandpa (like many others, from what I've learned as I've gotten older) used to say the only thing you can count on is death and taxes. (I'd argue that we could change it to death, taxes, and Pheesa...) Until they all sign on the dotted line for someone else or say "I'm not going to play for that angry little Italian" or the angry little Italian says he doesn't want them, there's no way you can say they're automatically going somewhere else.

MTC

Reaction Score
My grandpa (like many others, from what I've learned as I've gotten older) used to say the only thing you can count on is death and taxes. (I'd argue that we could change it to death, taxes, and Pheesa...) Until they all sign on the dotted line for someone else or say "I'm not going to play for that angry little Italian" or the angry little Italian says he doesn't want them, there's no way you can say they're automatically going somewhere else.
What is ironic is that Uconn can win the national championship without any of those mentioned but it would be more fun to see them play for Geno and CD. I see a bright future for Uconn.

Reaction Score
just reinforces what we've seen for the past few years........if she comes to UConn NC's will likely follow......

How about about 150+ magical games to experience as a fan?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers, Azzi Fudd, and Haley Jones have been announced as the three finalists for the Gatorade national player of the year.

I’m not surprised at all. Paige and Azzi are transcendent players, and Haley is uber-versatile and the best senior.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Such optimism from an alum!

You should have told Geno and CD, as it would have freed up their Wednesday.

:rolleyes:

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Please loan me your crystal ball so I can get the lottery numbers for Saturday. Oh….you don't have a crystal ball, so I guess this is speculation?

Reaction Score
Are you sure your Uconn fan and not a troll lot a negativity from you here and in the Lou not losing in conference tourney

Reaction Score

those are all possible but you write as if they are a certainty................you can probably get gambling odds on each of those, I suggest you take advantage of your inside knowledge..................I'm hoping that you are wrong on three of them.................

Reactions: MTC

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Are you sure your Uconn fan and not a troll lot a negativity from you here and in the Lou not losing in conference tourney
I don't even think that he means what he is posting. I think he is doing a Cassandra act just to get a reaction from the rest of us, i.e., is exhibiting classic troll behavior. I suggest that we not gratify him with pained responses.

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity where is all this conviction coming from. It’s odd that you are a huskies fan but yet know so much about what will happen in future to their detriment

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/8

Jaelyn Bates scored 12 points in Volcano Vista's win Friday. They advance to the next round of the state playoffs.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Elena Della Donne commenting on Aubrey Griffin:

Elena watched some video and thought Aubrey was a lefty. As a result, she compared her to Tiff Hayes. Aubrey uses her left well, but she's right-handed. Or as Christyn says, ambi-dextrous. Aubrey has a very quick first step. I'm not sure if it's as world-class as Tiffany's, but it's very good. Also, Aubrey is about 2-3" taller than Tiffany. As you can see, Aubrey is outstanding in transition.

Reaction Score
I'm sure she will be wonderful wherever she goes, but I get legitimately excited when I start thinking about the kind of player Bueckers could become after four years with Geno and CD.
She reminds me of Diana T. We all know the mutual value Geno and DT provided each other's career.

Reaction Score
Well the BleedBlue troll is kind of right in that Geno is going to find it much harder to bring in the top talent. ND is every bit as good a destination as UConn (better in some respects), and the last couple of years have really shown that you don't have to go to UConn to get great coaching, win championships, earn player of the year honors, or get tons of media attention. One advantage that we still have is many of today's recruits grew up watching great UConn teams, so some of them have UConn as their dream school to follow in the footsteps of a Maya or Tina or Stewie that they watched growing up.

Reaction Score
Well the BleedBlue troll is kind of right in that Geno is going to find it much harder to bring in the top talent. ND is every bit as good a destination as UConn (better in some respects), and the last couple of years have really shown that you don't have to go to UConn to get great coaching, win championships, earn player of the year honors, or get tons of media attention. One advantage that we still have is many of today's recruits grew up watching great UConn teams, so some of them have UConn as their dream school to follow in the footsteps of a Maya or Tina or Stewie that they watched growing up.
Have respect for ND's program but... If you want to be the best in the game, ND has examples but no where near the overwhelming set of proof points of UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom