2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 72 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This Hailey Van Lith video popped up when I went to Youtube to watch the Ray Allen halftime speech. I don't follow recruiting here very much and don't know if this video link has been posted before. If so, please disregard.
What's the feeling here on how she'll mesh with Geno? Is she too passive for his style of play?:rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This Hailey Van Lith video popped up when I went to Youtube to watch the Ray Allen halftime speech. I don't follow recruiting here very much and don't know if this video link has been posted before. If so, please disregard.
What's the feeling here on how she'll mesh with Geno? Is she too passive for his style of play?:rolleyes:

I guess it showed up in the Ray Allen search because she (and her father) says around the 4' mark that she grew up watching alot of Ray Allen. :D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Hailey wants to be "saucy," she needs to hang out with the GOAT. She also needs to visit the Werth Center to see Ray and Maya larger than life.

Reaction Score
I saw her once last year and five times this year, including four times in the past nine days. I love watching her shoot and play in general.

If Azzi stays healthy and motivated, I’m thinking the over/under on her college career points is north of 2,500. She could challenge Maya’s 3,036 mark. I sure hope she wants to play for Geno and be part of the Husky Family.

She is also a really good kid. At her age I've heard her talk about wanting to change the perception of the women's game and being an inspiration for young girls. You can argue other teams have more talent but there is no bigger platform than UCONN.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She is also a really good kid. At her age I've heard her talk about wanting to change the perception of the women's game and being an inspiration for young girls. You can argue other teams have more talent but there is no bigger platform than UCONN.
I talked to her coach's mom at one of the games. Ms. Scribner confirmed what is visible on the court--that Azzi is a sweetheart and very giving to her teammates. She wanted to win the championships for her senior teammates. She was smiling a lot in the past few games.

I also think that Geno and CD will help her develop her talent best and get her ready for life as a young woman.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This man's opinion: She will mesh very well with Geno especially defensively because she is a bull dog (NOT PASSIVE) of the highest quality max effort all the time. Offensively the only minor (very minor) knock is her game at this point is a little too dependent on the bounce. That is probably a function of not having enough high quality HS or AAU teammates. In her first dance at USA basketball where she did have very high caliber set up people (Jordan Horston & Paige Bueckers were the team leaders in assists) Hailey did not shoot well=33% overall 30% from deep.
Hailey will do very well at UCONN.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This man's opinion: She will mesh very well with Geno especially defensively because she is a bull dog (NOT PASSIVE) of the highest quality max effort all the time. Offensively the only minor (very minor) knock is her game at this point is a little too dependent on the bounce. That is probably a function of not having enough high quality HS or AAU teammates. In her first dance at USA basketball where she did have very high caliber set up people (Jordan Horston & Paige Bueckers were the team leaders in assists) Hailey did not shoot well=33% overall 30% from deep.
Hailey will do very well at UCONN.

Just nobody say "She's in the bank." Please!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Competition to make USA's U19 team that will be competing for the world championships this summer should be fierce.
Funny you mention this:
Was just putting my team guesses together today.
G: Azzi Fudd, Paige Bueckers, Hailey Van Lith, Christyn Williams, Anaya Peoples
F: Haley Jones, Jordan Horston, Rhyne Howard, NaLyssa Smith, Samantha Brunelle
P: Aliyah Boston, ONO.
Brunelle is going to be pushed to the brink (pun intended) for a spot by Maori Davenport, Cameron Brink or Fran Belibi.
ONO is going to be push hard for a post spot by Sharika Austin , River Baldwin or Sedona Prince
Anaya Peoples & Haliey Van Lith are the most vulnerable guard and will be pushed to the wall by Aubrey Griffin and Aijha Blackwell. Should be fun!

Reaction Score
Rickea Jackson will also push for a spot at F. A lot of people had her as a lock at the trials to make last years team. That sure is one tough squad, Coco.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Coco, do you think Prince will take a chance to play and risk another injury?

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
In another State Tourney game in Washington, Garfield and Dalayah Daniels cruised to a 55-21 win to advance to the semi-finals. Next up Mt. Spokane (who coincidentally beat Cashmere, fairly unusual for a 3A team to play a 1A team).

Never know what these recruits are feeling or thinking. KM will take whomever commits first. BTW.....Van Lith had an unofficial visit at Baylor in October. There's obviously some interest.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/5

Saylor Poffenbarger had 24 points and 13 rebounds to get Middletown to the next round of the sectionals.

Shay Bollin was held to 7 points and 7 boards in a sectional loss Tuesday.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As the teams of some recruiting targets are knocked off in state tournaments, I am reminded that St. Johns won the WCAC tourney and DCSAA tourney. They are 35-1 and ranked #2 in the nation behind only Miami Country Day, who edged St. Johns by 44-41 at the Nike Tournament of Champions. St. Johns has a North Carolina signee and a Columbia signee, but most importantly, they have the incomparable Azzi Fudd. Azzi had 38 in the DCSAA championship game, equaling the score of the entire opposing team.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Coco, do you think Prince will take a chance to play and risk another injury?
Prince injury was August 2018. The injury was a broken leg & this summer will be a full year. Hopefully she will have tested the leg well before this summer. Prince has been a regular at USA basketball trials don't think she is risking much. Wow @UConnCat is right, the competition is going to be fierce because you are talking about the best from 4 different recruiting classes 2018-2021.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds