2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 57 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard of Juco Alexandria Obough-Feque or Kamilla Cardoso?0 On Vol Nation one poster said Cardoso is a UConn lean.
Cardosa definitely. Geno went to see her play this week in TN- See the 2020 recruiting thread. She is currently in Charlotte playing in the basketball without borders NBA camp.
Have not heard of or about Alexandria Obough-Feque. Is that the correct spelling?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Cardosa definitely. Geno went to see her play this week in TN- See the 2020 recruiting thread. She is currently in Charlotte playing in the basketball without borders NBA camp.
Have not heard of or about Alexandria Obough-Feque. Is that the correct spelling?
That is the way the Vol fan spelled it. She said she is a Juco player.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Taylor Bigby scored 13 points Thursday (2/14).

Lauren Jensen scored 43 points back on 2/5 and 29 points on 2/8.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hopkins and Paige Bueckers are being streamed live at the moment. Game started around 5:30 central. You can move the bar back to watch from the start.

School Space Media

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/15

Paige Bueckers didn't have a great game but still ended up with 18 points and 6 assists Friday. Highlights below.

Reaction Score
I have a question too...Gusters or Cardosa. It seems it wasn’t too long it was all about Gusters and the thought was UConn had 0 interest in Cardosa. Now there has been more talk of Cardosa. Obviously Gusters is the one with the offer. Did the red flags/mother turn Geno off?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have a question too...Gusters or Cardosa. It seems it wasn’t too long it was all about Gusters and the thought was UConn had 0 interest in Cardosa. Now there has been more talk of Cardosa. Obviously Gusters is the one with the offer. Did the red flags/mother turn Geno off?
Obviously can't and won't speak for Geno. For me the first red flag was her decision to transfer from what was obviously a historically successful program. I posted here about this being a red flag on two levels 1) Several of the recent UCONN transfers (Sadie , De'Janae, Courtney, AEH) were players that walked away from HS teams or transferred while still in HS. 2) At Least two recent Duncanville HS graduates (Zaay Green & Ciera Johnson) transferred or changed their college commitments.
There was a second red flag because being eligible at the new school should have been factored into the decision to transfer and clearly it was not resulting in the player losing her entire Junior year of HS basketball.
The last red flag (poison really) was the threat by the mother to release proof of recruiting violation by the head coach at Duncanville. It seems to me that a HS coach recruiting better players was good with the mother while her daughter was at that school. Once she decided to leave the school the mother suddenly have a problem with Duncanville recruiting. No evidence of good character in that scenario, but I may be wrong.
Having said all that, these are red flag against the parents, NOT THE PLAYER. Gusters appears to be an outstanding basketball player and an exceptional young woman. However, this is UCONN and it would not be the first time that Geno has walked away from a player because of the "quality" of the parents.

Reaction Score
Obviously can't and won't speak for Geno. For me the first red flag was her decision to transfer from what was obviously a historically successful program. I posted here about this being a red flag on two levels 1) Several of the recent UCONN transfers (Sadie , De'Janae, Courtney, AEH) were players that walked away from HS teams or transferred while still in HS. 2) At Least two recent Duncanville HS graduates (Zaay Green & Ciera Johnson) transferred or changed their college commitments.
There was a second red flag because being eligible at the new school should have been factored into the decision to transfer and clearly it was not resulting in the player losing her entire Junior year of HS basketball.
The last red flag (poison really) was the threat by the mother to release proof of recruiting violation by the head coach at Duncanville. It seems to me that a HS coach recruiting better players was good with the mother while her daughter was at that school. Once she decided to leave the school the mother suddenly have a problem with Duncanville recruiting. No evidence of good character in that scenario, but I may be wrong.
Having said all that, these are red flag against the parents, NOT THE PLAYER. Gusters appears to be an outstanding basketball player and an exceptional young woman. However, this is UCONN and it would not be the first time that Geno has walked away from a player because of the "quality" of the parents.
Apparently Mother did release emails regarding potential recruiting issues since State announced they are investigating Duncanville and coach.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Apparently Mother did release emails regarding potential recruiting issues since State announced they are investigating Duncanville and coach.
I did realized she had actually followed through and released the emails (texts?). Also read that the coach has resigned after 42 years and in the process will probably escape any punishment.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Essence sounds knowledgeable.
And all good advice for a young player. If given more time she would have mentioned nutrition, getting the proper sleep and listening to your body.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Muhl pushes the ball on that shot too much for my liking. She could improve accuracy with a tweak.
Maybe. But I like her feet placement and where her wrist/hand ends up. The release point isn't so bad either.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I would take that deal but would feel short changed because: 1) PG has generational potential 2) The 2020 class might be one of the most talented to come along in a while.

If the assumption is that UCONN gets both the Euro guards Makurat and Muhl I don't see the need for another Guard in 2020. Sounds complicated (maybe greedy) on my part but you would have to throw in DeBerry with Fudd in 2021 to make me completely happy!
My Rx:
2019: Griffin, Makurat, Muhl & Grad Transfer Post
2020: Cardosa, Bessoir, Edwards (All international class)
2021: Fudd, DeBerry, Brooke Demetre
Nice.

Reaction Score

I doubt that all of Duncanville's HSAA's players over the last 10 years or so just all happened to grow up and learn to play in the same district.
If it was the Duncanville coach or someone from the school that reported Gusters then they are getting what they deserve. Does anyone actually believe that Duncanville has remained a power all these years due to an extraordinary concentration of basketball talent in one HS district?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom