2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 56 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
My prediction is PB ends up at Notre Dame or shocks everyone like Boston did and ends up staying home and plays for Whalen. I think Sabrina ends up leaving early for the WNBA and Hailey ends up at Oregon to replace Sabrina. I think we end up signing both international players and end up signing the big 6’6 girl from Tennessee and maybe one more guard. I believe we will sign Azzi she seems to be at a lot of UCONN games and seems to be showing strong interest in the Huskies. I feel like UCONN is in need for another generation type player to lead the Huskies back on top.
I wonder how many Boneyard devotees would take that deal: The two international players, Cardoso, perhaps another guard, and Fudd but no PB or Hailey Van Lith?

Reactions: MTC

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I wonder how many Boneyard devotees would take that deal: The two international players, Cardoso, perhaps another guard, and Fudd but no PB or Hailey Van Lith?
I would take that deal but would feel short changed because: 1) PG has generational potential 2) The 2020 class might be one of the most talented to come along in a while.

If the assumption is that UCONN gets both the Euro guards Makurat and Muhl I don't see the need for another Guard in 2020. Sounds complicated (maybe greedy) on my part but you would have to throw in DeBerry with Fudd in 2021 to make me completely happy!
My Rx:
2019: Griffin, Makurat, Muhl & Grad Transfer Post
2020: Cardosa, Bessoir, Edwards (All international class)
2021: Fudd, DeBerry, Brooke Demetre

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would take that deal but would feel short changed because: 1) PG has generational potential 2) The 2020 class might be one of the most talented to come along in a while.

If the assumption is that UCONN gets both the Euro guards Murkat and Muhl I don't see the need for another Guard in 2020. Sounds complicated (maybe greedy) on my part but you would have to throw in DeBerry with Fudd in 2021 to make me completely happy!
My Rx:
2019: Griffin, Murkat, Muhl & Grad Transfer Post
I agree with getting the 2019 transfer post because ONO will need immediate help inside. They currently have no high level size for next year. I really like Demetre but have doubts she’ll leave the West Coast. My other two concerns with this group would be, can Cardoso run the floor and, I know it’s early but will DeBerry be physical enough if they don’t get Bessoir? But I’d certainly take them all.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score

If the assumption is that UCONN gets both the Euro guards Murkat and Muhl I don't see the need for another Guard in 2020. Sounds complicated (maybe greedy) on my part but you would have to throw in DeBerry with Fudd in 2021 to make me completely happy!
My Rx:
2019: Griffin, Murkat, Muhl & Grad Transfer Post

I have several questions about your scenario.

1. Do you think Murkat and Muhl are better Bueckers and Hailey Van Lith?
2. Would you pass on one of the two 2019 internationals and wait for Bueckers? I have a hard time believing that Murkat and Muhl are better than Bueckers?
3. Is it the immediate availability of Murkat and Muhl is what makes them so attractive?
4. Is Demetre even in the picture? Does she have an offer
5. What about Hollingshead in 2021?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have several questions about your scenario.

1. Do you think Makurat and Muhl are better Bueckers and Hailey Van Lith?
2. Would you pass on one of the two 2019 internationals and wait for Bueckers? I have a hard time believing that Murkat and Muhl are better than Bueckers?
3. Is it the immediate availability of Murkat and Muhl is what makes them so attractive?
4. Is Demetre even in the picture? Does she have an offer
5. What about Hollingshead in 2021?

Q: Do you think Makurat and Muhl are better Bueckers and Hailey Van Lith?
A: No.
Q: Would you pass on one of the two 2019 internationals and wait for Bueckers?
A: No.
Q: I have a hard time believing that Murkat and Muhl are better than Bueckers?
A: Who said that?
Q: Is it the immediate availability of Murkat and Muhl is what makes them so attractive?
A: Yes
Q: Is Demetre even in the picture? Does she have an offer?
A: I hope so. Only players in the 2021 class holding UCONN offers are Fudd and DeBerry- it is mad early though.
Q: What about Hollingshead in 202?
A: It's my wish list. If I get DeBerry, Cardosa, Bessoir in the two years prior I'm not sure there is room for Hollingshead because ONO will also still be on the roster.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If we’re makkng wish list, I wouldn’t mind seeing Rayah Marshall 2021 G/F/C end up at Uconn, would love to see what Geno and Co could do with her skills.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If we’re makkng wish list, I wouldn’t mind seeing Rayah Marshall 2021 G/F/C end up at Uconn, would love to see what Geno and Co could do with her skills.
As the founder, originator, executive & creative director of the Rayah Marshall BANDWAGON I feel obligated to make this one slight correction. PG/SG/SF/C. Only players I have seen with that diverse a skill set at a comparable age are Vicki Baugh, EDD, & Candace Parker.

Reaction Score
Q: Do you think Murkat and Muhl are better than Bueckers and Hailey Van Lith?
A:Yes
They both have played against much tougher women’s league competition vs local high schools. They would integrate into Geno’s offense and defense easily.

Reaction Score
As the founder, originator, executive & creative director of the Rayah Marshall BANDWAGON I feel obligated to make this one slight correction. PG/SG/SF/C. Only players I have seen with that diverse a skill set at a comparable age are Vicki Baugh, EDD, & Candace Parker.

I think Combo forward will be her position at the college level, similar to Z and Stewie.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is a Meerkat:

murkat-storepic-w442-o.jpg

Sometimes, it is erroneously called a Murkat, as labeled in the photo.

Anna's surname is Makurat (note the extra syllable), not Murkat.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

A: Probably not, though they are very good. The best players in high school today are likely Haley Jones, Paige Bueckers, and Azzi Fudd. I'm not sure anyone is better than Bueckers.

Reaction Score

A: Probably not, though they are very good. The best players in high school today are likely Haley Jones, Paige Bueckers, and Azzi Fudd. I'm not sure anyone is better than Bueckers.

I think if she continues her trajectory Bueckers should easily surpass Ionescu as a complete player.............

Reaction Score
I think if she continues her trajectory Bueckers should easily surpass Ionescu as a complete player...
Highly debatable. I think Sabrina has thrived so much because not only is she an outstanding player, but she went to a program that was in complete rebuild mode that needed a star. Oregon was not elite before Graves, and she would be the star from day 1. It's hard to get a complete analysis of SI and PB at the same age. To me, PB seems more athletic and just as good a passer. It seems they have the same type of swagger. I think she has the skill set and work ethic to surpass Ionescu, but I wouldn't say "easily." I think Sabrina is the closest thing to DT to come out of college since DT did. Of course, Paige is the second coming of DT, but she isn't even done with high school yet. Whoever gets Paige will be lucky. And whichever WNBA teamgets Sabrina will love her

Reaction Score
Highly debatable. I think Sabrina has thrived so much because not only is she an outstanding player, but she went to a program that was in complete rebuild mode that needed a star. Oregon was not elite before Graves, and she would be the star from day 1. It's hard to get a complete analysis of SI and PB at the same age. To me, PB seems more athletic and just as good a passer. It seems they have the same type of swagger. I think she has the skill set and work ethic to surpass Ionescu, but I wouldn't say "easily." I think Sabrina is the closest thing to DT to come out of college since DT did. Of course, Paige is the second coming of DT, but she isn't even done with high school yet. Whoever gets Paige will be lucky. And whichever WNBA teamgets Sabrina will love her

only time will tell but for me PB is the one recruit I can think of in recent years (Fudd the second) that could have started for many DI teams when she was in 10th grade.............I think she has more offensive weapons then SI and equals her in most other areas..............while there are no guarantees, if she ends up at UConn she will be as close to a lock to have her name on the walls as any player since Stewie.........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/14

Sonia Citron: 22 points, 13 rebs, 5 steals

Saylor Poffenbarger: 22 points and 14 rebounds on Wednesday (2/13).

Reaction Score
only time will tell but for me PB is the one recruit I can think of in recent years (Fudd the second) that could have started for many DI teams when she was in 10th grade...I think she has more offensive weapons then SI and equals her in most other areas....while there are no guarantees, if she ends up at UConn she will be as close to a lock to have her name on the walls as any player since Stewie....
She definitely could have, and will continue to be a player to could literally make an immediate impact, even as a 16 year old. I remember reading an article about her where her coach said that Geno said to him (hard to follow because Geno can't just say things about uncommitted/signed recruits) that PB was farther along than Diana at that point in their careers. That is scary. Paige is definitely a talent.

Reaction Score
After reading a short article that mentions her parental relationship, I wouldn't be surprised to see UConn pull off a double with Marshall and Cardoso. Those two with ONO for 2 years would make a good rotation.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Q: Do you think Murkat and Muhl are better than Bueckers and Hailey Van Lith?
A:Yes
They both have played against much tougher women’s league competition vs local high schools. They would integrate into Geno’s offense and defense easily.
But... Paige & Hailey's highest level of completion is not High school basketball though. Both players are multiple time (3 for Paige and 2 for Hailey) gold medalist for USA basketball.

Reaction Score
But... Paige & Hailey's highest level of completion is not High school basketball though. Both players are multiple time (3 for Paige and 2 for Hailey) gold medalist for USA basketball.
Interesting info. Was just looking at McGraw Bench site and many of Notre Dame's recruiting prospects have USA Basketball experience.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard of Juco Alexandria Obough-Feque or Kamilla Cardoso?0 On Vol Nation one poster said Cardoso is a UConn lean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom