2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 54 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The coach tagged Treasure Hunt in the tweet so I'd think she's a definite watch. Kardosa doesn't have a twitter account so she can't be ruled out. Maybe a two-fer.
I don't recognize this coach. I thought the head coach was Treasure Hunt's mother, at least it was the last couple of years when they were in the Dick's ESPN tournament.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I don't recognize this coach. I thought the head coach was Treasure Hunt's mother, at least it was the last couple of years when they were in the Dick's ESPN tournament.

The man in the photo is the team's strength/conditioning coach. Hunt's mom is still head coach.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Does anyone think that seeing Geno start to recruit foreign players it will cause American recruits who have UConn as their final three start to commit earlier? Also, if he offers Muhl and Makurat it's because he knows Bueckers, Clark, and Van Lith are definitely not committing to UConn? Would it be wise to hold off Muhl and Makurat while waiting for a decision from Bueckers, Clark, or Van Lith? I don't think it would be.

Reactions: MTC

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Does anyone think that seeing Geno start to recruit foreign players it will cause American recruits who have UConn as their final three start to commit earlier? Also, if he offers Muhl and Makurat it's because he knows Bueckers, Clark, and Van Lith are definitely not committing to UConn? Would it be wise to hold off Muhl and Makurat while waiting for a decision from Bueckers, Clark, or Van Lith? I don't think it would be.

Reaction Score
The coach tagged Treasure Hunt in the tweet so I'd think she's a definite watch. Kardosa doesn't have a twitter account so she can't be ruled out. Maybe a two-fer.
@KiKiHunt is their coach, Keisha Hunt who is Treasure’s mother.

Reaction Score
Wh

Were and when is that event?
The camp will be held Friday, Feb. 15 – Sunday, Feb. 17 at the Queens University of Charlotte Levine Center for Wellness and Recreation as part of NBA All-Star 2019, and NIKE will serve as the official partner.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
@KiKiHunt is their coach, Keisha Hunt who is Treasure’s mother.

Yes, but the coach who tagged Treasure Hunt in a tweet was the strength and conditioning coach who got a photo with Geno.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not sure if this was posted, but Aaliyah Edwards, Kamilla Cardosa, Emily Bessoir, and Nika Muhl will all be attending the Basketball Without Borders global camp.

Not posted and definitely newsworthy. Thanks.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Recruiting in Europe and adding new names may impact Buckers and Van Lith. Or maybe not. Both Makurat and Muhl are class of 2019, so they would enroll a year earlier. We definitely need more bodies, ideally talented ones, for next year. I don't think Buckers would be turned off. She'll get major minutes and probably start anywhere. Plus, at least Makurat can play the 1, 2, or 3.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/12

Azzi Fudd: 23 points, 7 rebs, 4 assists in her return home from Connecticut.

Paige Bueckers: 19 points

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The camp will be held Friday, Feb. 15 – Sunday, Feb. 17 at the Queens University of Charlotte Levine Center for Wellness and Recreation as part of NBA All-Star 2019, and NIKE will serve as the official partner.
Thanks. Geno was in TN yesterday. He should just stay in the South swing over to Charlotte on Friday and then meet the team in Orlando for the Sunday game.
Could be quite the recruiting haul: Aaliyah Edwards, Kamilla Cardosa, Emily Bessoir, Nika Muhl, & Anna Murka in one weekend.

Reaction Score
Yes, but the coach who tagged Treasure Hunt in a tweet was the strength and conditioning coach who got a photo with Geno.

Trainers love to showcase their brushes with big time players/coaches...............hard to know if Geno has any interest in Hunt or just Cardoso

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I wonder of signing Anna M would have any impact on those two other "pretty good" 2020 guards UConn is kind of waiting on....
I agree with @MilfordHusky answer of "maybe". UCONN has got to worry about UCONN and the 2019-20 season arrives before either Paige or Hailey would be stepping on campus. Paige & Hailey will have to make a decision that is best for them. Specific to page if she has to make a decision between UCONN and ND there was going to be a couple of very talented players on ND's rosters (Peoples, Gilbert) and UCONN will of course have Williams and hopefully Murkat.

Also, if he offers Muhl and Makurat it's because he knows Bueckers, Clark, and Van Lith are definitely not committing to UConn?
I don't know how Geno would definitely know that. The UCONN roster for next year is at 9. Two more guards only puts the roster at 11.

Would it be wise to hold off Muhl and Makurat while waiting for a decision from Bueckers, Clark, or Van Lith? I don't think it would be.
No that would not be wise unless you want to concede the 2019-20 season.

Recruiting in Europe and adding new names may impact Buckers and Van Lith. Or maybe not. Both Makurat and Muhl are class of 2019, so they would enroll a year earlier. We definitely need more bodies, ideally talented ones, for next year. I don't think Buckers would be turned off. She'll get major minutes and probably start anywhere. Plus, at least Makurat can play the 1, 2, or 3.

Approve.png

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
The way Geno would definitely know Bueckers and Van Lith will not commit to UConn is that they have already told him they were not. I hope that has not happened but that is one way he would know.

Reaction Score
UConn could clearly use another guard for next season, especially one that can shoot from the outside.............................if they pick up both of the European players being mentioned I would think that means they are less then confident about PB and Hailey Van Lith...................

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
For those that were advocating UCONN casting a wider net in recruiting-you got it!
For the 2020 class this list of players (15) have confirmed UCONN interest or are interested in UCONN. This is the largest number of recruits I can ever remember UCONN being involved with at this date in the process ~ 9 Months before early signing day.
1550074177224.png

Reaction Score
For those that were advocating UCONN casting a wider net in recruiting-you got it!
For the 2020 class this list of players (15) have confirmed UCONN interest or are interested in UCONN. This is the largest number of recruits I can ever remember UCONN being involved with at this date in the process ~ 9 Months before early signing day. View attachment 39570
Should you update the profile for Gusters to "classmates" with Andrews? ;)

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
For the 2020 class this list of players (15) have confirmed UCONN interest or are interested in UCONN. This is the largest number of recruits I can ever remember UCONN being involved with at this date in the process ~ 9 Months before early signing day. View attachment 39570
Very helpful. And the color code? Purple = offer extended?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Those 15 plus Makurat and Muhl = 17. A big number!

Reaction Score
The US players under discussion appear to have winning as their #1 focus so having more talent on the team would seem to enhance UConn's recruiting pitch.

Reaction Score
I live relatively near both schools and cant understand why the local press hasn't dissected this more. Understand we need to be cautious when commenting on a high school student but unusual that the adults involved weren't called out.
As an FYI, today's Dallas Morning News reported on an investigation that could potentially influence Texas women's HS basketball teams and players. Apparently, in looking into whether or not Hannah Gusters, who transferred out of Duncanville, Texas, should be eligible at her next school, they found issues with how the Duncanville women's coach Cathy Self-Morgan had approached potential recruits. This has been hinted at for years but now there will be major investigation. Big deal in Texas women's sports since Self-Morgan has been a Hall of Fame/State Championship coach for many years. Don't expect any names or results to come out for some time but has the potential to affect other current player's eligibility and capture significant attention.

MTC

Reaction Score
UConn could clearly use another guard for next season, especially one that can shoot from the outside.........if they pick up both of the European players being mentioned I would think that means they are less then confident about PB and Hailey Van Lith....
There is no way both PB and Hailey Van Lith would come to Uconn. It is time to encourage Geno to make the necessary moves. A player like Emily Bossoir would be another great pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom