2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 37 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is Jones as good as either of the Ogwumike sisters were when they were seniors in high school? Stanford had both for at least two seasons and won no, nada NC. They also had two Samuelson sisters and and won no NC. By the time she gets to Stanford, UConn's players will be one season older and hitting on all cylinders. They will also have the help of two foreign bigs and a senior transfer. UConn will be fine. Remember, CW promised four NC. Don't you believe her?

she's a different kind of player, not sure how you could compare them...............Jones can play all five positions on the court and has great skills and a sharp basketball mind................she would have been a perfect fit for UConn, that's why her choice was so painful...........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2020 Olivia Miles scored 28 points last Saturday (1/19) and 12 points last night (1/23) in Blair victories.

newsincerity

New Sincerity
Reaction Score
Well, since this thread is looking ahead at the distant distant future...I'll add that I noticed a video for the speculative #1 player from the c/o 2024, Jaloni Cambridge a guard from Tennessee.

Her older sister, I believe, plays for Vanderbilt and was a top 50-ish recruit in her own right.

Reaction Score
she's a different kind of player, not sure how you could compare them.....Jones can play all five positions on the court and has great skills and a sharp basketball mind......she would have been a perfect fit for UConn, that's why her choice was so painful......

How would she match up against Baylor or Miss St's 5's? Or is it 1-5 at the high school level? I remember reading how Stewart could play 1-5 before she arrived in Storrs but after seeing her defense in her first 2 years I doubt she could have guarded a lot of pg's. It seems that if a player can bring up the ball AND rebound we are told about their 1-5 skills.

Reaction Score
How would she match up against Baylor or Miss St's 5's? Or is it 1-5 at the high school level? I remember reading how Stewart could play 1-5 before she arrived in Storrs but after seeing her defense in her first 2 years I doubt she could have guarded a lot of pg's. It seems that if a player can bring up the ball AND rebound we are told about their 1-5 skills.

I think she's only like 6'0"-6'1" so I think she'd have no chance against big posts at the college level but she certainly could play everywhere else.............I would assume she'll play wing at Stanford but I think they kind of play positionless basketball like UConn so who knows...........

MTC

Reaction Score
she can score 40 points per game in every game of the season as long as she's not playing UConn.....;)
No one goes to Stanford and carries a big average. Check it out.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Chiney lit it up her Sr. year. It's a good point though. Wiggins was a fairly big scorer but I think about 21 or 22/game was her high point for a season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I believe that Nneka set the Pac-12 career scoring record and then Chiney broke it. Then Kelsey Plum broke that record.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is Jones as good as either of the Ogwumike sisters were when they were seniors in high school? Stanford had both for at least two seasons and won no, nada NC. They also had two Samuelson sisters and and won no NC. By the time she gets to Stanford, UConn's players will be one season older and hitting on all cylinders. They will also have the help of two foreign bigs and a senior transfer. UConn will be fine. Remember, CW promised four NC. Don't you believe her?
When Stanford had the O sisters, we had Magnificent Maya and Terrific Tina.

university-of-connecticut-forward-maya-moore-and-center-tina-charles-picture-id640806970

MTC

Reaction Score
When Stanford had the O sisters, we had Magnificent Maya and Terrific Tina.

university-of-connecticut-forward-maya-moore-and-center-tina-charles-picture-id640806970
Stanford will do very well but how many players do they put into the WNBA? It probably has a lot to do with priorities.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I missed Azzi's game again McNamara, but I hope to catch her next week. St. Johns plays at St. Mary Rykien tonight and then plays a Philly team in a NYC tourney on Sunday. They play at home on Tuesday and at Paul VI on Thursday. They beat Paul VI (Owusu) by 20 recently. Looking forward to seeing Azzi, Malu, and their teammates.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

Did a little research on this.

Chiney Ogwumike
Jr Season Average 22pts/13reb
Sr Season Average 26pts/12reb

Nneka Ogwumike
Sr Season Average 22pts/10reb

Candice Wiggins
So Season 22pts
Sr Season 20pts

Nicole Powell
Sr Season 20pts/11reb

MTC

Reaction Score
Did a little research on this.

Chiney Ogwumike
Jr Season Average 22pts/13reb
Sr Season Average 26pts/12reb

Nneka Ogwumike
Sr Season Average 22pts/10reb

Candice Wiggins
So Season 22pts
Sr Season 20pts

Nicole Powell
Sr Season 20pts/11reb
In my defense I considered a big average to be 30+ season average. OTOH I don't know Hailey Van Lith's abilty to adjust to college ball.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Nice article on Bueckers:

“Paige is special,” Cosgriff said after Hopkins routed Eden Prairie 91-61 with Bueckers scoring 27 points Jan. 15. “You can’t really coach the things she does on the court. She sees the floor so well, and she’s a natural. In addition to leading our team in scoring and assists, Paige is our best defensive player.”

Bueckers’ burning desire to be the best is no secret to either opponents or teammates. Many fans have commented about the big improvement she has made in her mid-range game since last season. The Eurosteps and floaters are other reliable weapons, and now she’s strong enough to finish every time she has an opportunity for an and-one.

“You’re never going to be perfect,” Bueckers said. “What I try to focus on is consistency.”

Seeing is believing on Lake courts as Paige Bueckers’ legend grows

Reaction Score
Sluconn - thanks for trying to keep this thread about 2020/202x recruits.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/25

Aubrey Griffin returned to action today for a huge matchup against UConn player of interest Sonia Citron and Ursuline.

Ossining won 77-64 behind Griffin's 25 points.

Citron's numbers aren't reported yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak