2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 146 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Please don't ever speak of that possibility again! She'll want some time to play with the national team and I would hope that would satisfy her for a time. She has that Sue B drive and as long as she's challenged and learning I hope to see her sticking around.

As for Hana ... she is regarded as the real deal with the potential to be the best of the 3 sisters.
I didn’t know there was a third Muhl? Hana, Nika, and ? I know Ania’s younger sister looks very good.

Reaction Score
Please don't ever speak of that possibility again! She'll want some time to play with the national team and I would hope that would satisfy her for a time. She has that Sue B drive and as long as she's challenged and learning I hope to see her sticking around.

As for Hana ... she is regarded as the real deal with the potential to be the best of the 3 sisters.
I suspect, unlike the BY, Geno isn’t pretending he’s going to get 2 years out of Westbrook, 4 years from Muhl, etc...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I suspect, unlike the BY, Geno isn’t pretending he’s going to get 2 years out of Westbrook, 4 years from Muhl, etc...
You need some of this:

Reaction Score
Foster's program list doesn't make much sense. Baylor, UConn, UCLA and Mississippi State on one hand.....Colorado, Detroit Mercy, Oral Roberts, Tulsa, and a school logo I can't even figure out on the other.
The one you can’t figure out is Henderson State University Reddies. D2

Reaction Score
I see UConn just got a verbal committment from Mir McLean, a 5’9” guard. She is ranked in the mid thirties. I didn’t even know she was offered. Still no commitment from a biggie.

Reaction Score
Athletic young lady

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190630-234839_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20190630-234839_Twitter.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 97
Reaction Score
You just shaved 2 inches off her height! 5' 11" according to recruiting services. For example:

mir-mclean
I hope this isn’t going to be a rerun of Lexi Gordon. Both highly rated coming out of high school. Gordon scored over 2000 points in high school. Both are the same size 5’11” and both play the wing. Gordon was rated around 29 overall and 4 at her position. McLean was rated overall around 32 and 5 at her position. I would much rather have Edwards. Anyone hear if there is anything new with her recruitment?

Reaction Score
I hope this isn’t going to be a rerun of Lexi Gordon. Both highly rated coming out of high school. Gordon scored over 2000 points in high school. Both are the same size 5’11” and both play the wing. Gordon was rated around 29 overall and 4 at her position. McLean was rated overall around 32 and 5 at her position. I would much rather have Edwards. Anyone hear if there is anything new with her recruitment?
Gordon and McLean have extremely different games. Gordon was more of big guard, but McLean seems to be more of a forward. Gordon was probably more skilled and a better shooter, but Mir is definitely far more athletic, and at the very least, we know she is going to be able to rebound and defend at the college level.

And, by UConn recruiting standards, 25+ is not a highly ranked recruit :D I think we'll see McLean end up top-20.

Reaction Score

“Nika Muhl - Croatia
PYhYbVtVWU2w2CKehFnd3Q.jpg

A skilled playmaker, it's been an incredible rise to prominence in the last 12-18 months for Muhl. The Croatian ace starred last summer at the 2018 edition of this event and has since been recruited by leading NCAA College, UConn. She has also appeared at the prestigious Basketball Without Borders Global Camp. Expect her to be riding high in the the assists charts and to one day go on to play in EuroLeague Women - one of her ambitions.”

And yet ESPN has her rated as a 3 star?

Reaction Score
Scream warning on the vid....

With the way the game is going, and with her shooting I’m surprised Bates isn’t listed in the top 25 for the 22 class by espn, did she get any USAB invites?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
With the way the game is going, and with her shooting I’m surprised Bates isn’t listed in the top 25 for the 22 class by espn, did she get any USAB invites?

I don't think she was invited but she could've tried out anyway and chose not to. She's not a part of any of the Blue Star camps either. Tends to stay local with everything. Hopefully, we see her in more national tourneys at some point.

Reaction Score
I think they were referring to Nika Muhl.
Yup, sorry, referring to Nika. I expect that will rise when she is seen by more rating services. I was surprised to see her listed at all since Anna/ Ania isn’t, but more surprised at the 3 star rating.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think they were referring to Nika Muhl.

Ah, well they thought Kia Nurse was a nobody! All that rating signals was they really had no rating for her. Over 50 scholarship offers, including 2 final four teams. The ratings of foreign players have always been sketchy and unreliable and the budget cuts at "the Mothership" have not improved their quality.

Reaction Score
Ah, well they thought Kia Nurse was a nobody! All that rating signals was they really had no rating for her.
Not quite. Prospects Nation had her as the #1 international recruit and HoopGurlz also had her a 5* in the mid-30s. There are a fair amount of people ranked in the mid-20 to mid-30 range who end up being Kia’s level.

Last edited:

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Ah, well they thought Kia Nurse was a nobody! All that rating signals was they really had no rating for her. Over 50 scholarship offers, including 2 final four teams. The ratings of foreign players have always been sketchy and unreliable and the budget cuts at "the Mothership" have not improved their quality.

Not quite. Prospects Nation had her as the #1 international recruit and HoopGurlz also had her a 5* in the mid-30s. There are a fair amount of people ranked in the mid-20 to mid-30 range who end up being Kia’s level.

Recruiting Rankings -- Kia Nurse (2014)
#1 -- Prospects Nation (International Ranked Players)
#10 -- Blue Star Report
#14 -- ASGR (All Star Girls Report)
#33 -- espnW (also listed with a 97 rating and as a five-star recruit)

@EricLA , @ucbart

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I think that it was Muhl's play at that NBA sponsored training session that opened some eyes. Before that I think the level of her competition was suspect. I'm seeing several UConn recruits who actually like to play defense and are pretty good at it. Geno praised Griffin's defensive skills, and after her we get Muhl, McLean and Bueckers.

The teams coming up, starting this year, are going to be a joy to watch play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom