2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 144 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Lattimore's an athlete with upside. UConn must really like that upside to offer her prior to her junior season. But I sure wish we had more public knowledge of what's going on with Edwards who was always more impressive in Crestwood's games.

Reaction Score
Lattimore's an athlete with upside. UConn must really like that upside to offer her prior to her junior season. But I sure wish we had more public knowledge of what's going on with Edwards who was always more impressive in Crestwood's games.
Edwards may just be low key on social media but I have to believe she also has a UConn offer.

Reaction Score
Not impressed UConn is on the verge of rejoining the Big East. It’s not the same with Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Rutgers, and B.C. Having moved on to greener pastures. It may benefit the men’s program but I don’t see how it helps Geno.

For one, it gives UConn another 6-8 games against top 50 teams. That should help put their RPI at or near the top and end the endless comments about UConn's lack of top 50 wins we read in March.

Reaction Score
Edwards may just be low key on social media but I have to believe she also has a UConn offer.
Edwards must have received by now, particularly since Angel Reese has ruled us out. They could have been competitors for the same spot, but now offering Lattimore early seems like a very prudent move as an added incentive for both Edwards and Lattimore coming as a package deal. The potential of one recruit leading to another also exists for the younger sisters of Muhl and Makurat.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Edwards must have received by now, particularly since Angel Reese has ruled us out. They could have been competitors for the same spot, but now offering Lattimore early seems like a very prudent move as an added incentive for both Edwards and Lattimore coming as a package deal. The potential of one recruit leading to another also exists for the younger sisters of Muhl and Makurat.
Except UCONN doesn't do package deals. When Lattimore received her UCONN offer it was because the staff thought her worthy, not as an incentive for Edwards. There are a lot of talented HS pairs out there: Kamilla Cardoso & Treasure Hunt: Gusters and Andrews. That Lattimore and Edwards were deemed both worthy is impressive especially considering that Lattimore is only a rising Junior.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
One of UConn's remaining wing options in the '21 class playing summer league:

Reaction Score
Tara is building something out west. I can't remember a time when she's had so many elite and great recruits come, one after the other.

Stanford seems to be one of those schools that is relatively safe from the transfer bug. Tara consistently has large rosters. The value of a Stanford degrees trumps the idea transferring

Reaction Score
I think our chances of landing sedona prince at UConn grow slimmer by the day. I just read she is making an official visit to Oregon this weekend.

Reaction Score
I think our chances of landing sedona prince at UConn grow slimmer by the day. I just read she is making an official visit to Oregon this weekend.
There is an entire thread dedicated to Sedona's transfer.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Tara is building something out west. I can't remember a time when she's had so many elite and great recruits come, one after the other.

I think the run of Jayne Appel, Kayla Pedersen and the Ogwumikes was on this level. The guards weren't of the same caliber as the front court though (other than Candice Wiggins, who was on the leading edge of this group). It has been a long time since Stanford was bringing in this type of talent though.

Reaction Score
In addition to what Stanford is doing, Dawn Staley has amassed a great load of incoming talent at South Carolina as well. I believe they have something like 4 or 5 Top 20 recruits coming in this fall. They should be formidable once again... WCBB probably has more depth and collective talent than ever... some incredible talent! The talent level progression in WCBB perhaps exceeds any other sport, male or female. BTW, I saw Fran Belibi of Regis Jesuit HS throw one down at one of my niece's game last year, and I never thought I'd see a HS girl dunk with such intensity. But UConn had little or no chance of recruiting Fran since both of her parents are doctors, and Stanford was the obvious choice for her....

Reaction Score
Doctors don’t go to UConn ?
Yes, they certainly do, but I'm assure that you are aware, Stanford has one of the most preeminent medical schools in the country. I believe they are top three.. No slight to UConn...

Reaction Score
Yes, they certainly do, but I'm assure that you are aware, Stanford has one of the most preeminent medical schools in the country. I believe they are top three.. No slight to UConn...

E Williams supposedly chose Duke for their medical school. I haven't seen that she ever got admitted (or even applied)

I doubt that Belibi will be able to put in the same number of study hours as her fellow pre-meds that don't play a sport. Getting into Stanford medical will be much tougher for her than getting that Stanford scholarship.

Reaction Score
So you are saying ND is on the same level as Stanford. Interesting.
Nope. Just that she was looking for a level of education higher than that of UConn’s and Notre Dame fits the bill there. Is it Stanford? No. Harvard? No. Princeton? No.

Wasn’t referring to them as being the same level, just a generalization of the level of a university she was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom