2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 142 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Betts at 15 and 6' 7" is averaging 14 points and 14.5 rebounds in 19 minutes. True, just an insanely dominant USA team against its two first opponents. But I'd say she should be on the radar.
Canada will have some decent height to throw at her. A 6'5" and a few 6'2"s. I'll wait until then to make some more judgment on Betts because as you mentioned -- insanely dominant.

Reaction Score
Canada will have some decent height to throw at her. A 6'5" and a few 6'2"s. I'll wait until then to make some more judgment on Betts because as you mentioned -- insanely dominant.

Agree... I find it much harder to judge tall players in high school. They seem to "dominate" only because they are playing against much much shorter player. May be that's one reason a lot of them do not dominate when they get to college and suddenly have to play against taller players all the time, even if not as tall as them.

MTC

Reaction Score
Agree... I find it much harder to judge tall players in high school. They seem to "dominate" only because they are playing against much much shorter player. May be that's one reason a lot of them do not dominate when they get to college and suddenly have to play against taller players all the time, even if not as tall as them.
I remember people saying the same things about Lobo but I think Geno knew what he was doing.

Reaction Score
It is actually quite surprising to me, but I'm not that upset. She did attend a game and as @Sluconn Husky mentioned, an offer was reported. I too would have liked to see what Geno did with her game, but usually when a #2 prospect doesn't include UConn, I would be more disappointed.

""I want to be able to play my position, grabbing a rebound and taking off on the dribble," said Reese" may have been where it went wrong :D

Reaction Score
Well that’s disappointing, I would have liked to see her game grow at UConn.

Alas, Reese is not interested: ""I want to be able to play my position, grabbing a rebound and taking off on the dribble," said Reese...." :rolleyes:

Edit - sorry, I did not see that DaBball already used this quote. I'm a slow typer.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It is actually quite surprising to me, but I'm not that upset. She did attend a game and as @Sluconn Husky mentioned, an offer was reported. I too would have liked to see what Geno did with her game, but usually when a #2 prospect doesn't include UConn, I would be more disappointed.

""I want to be able to play my position, grabbing a rebound and taking off on the dribble," said Reese" may have been where it went wrong :D
There is another passage from the article which has caused me great alarm. ""I was shocked that she declined Team USA's invitation," said James, whose team, led by Reese, has gone 28-1 this summer"
Sorry but IMO you just don't turn down USA basketball invitation so you can run up some gaudy AAU numbers. Good luck to her. I'm guessing she stays close to home and ends up at Maryland but I've been consistent-never saw her as a fit for UCONN.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There is another passage from the article which has caused me great alarm. ""I was shocked that she declined Team USA's invitation," said James, whose team, led by Reese, has gone 28-1 this summer"
Sorry but IMO you just don't turn down USA basketball invitation so you can run up some gaudy AAU numbers. Good luck to her I'm guessing she stays close to home and ends up at Maryland but I've been consistent-never say her as a fit for UCONN.

Reaction Score
I think Reese obviously is a talented player but she probably would have driven Geno crazy and spent a good deal of time on the bench..................looking for a forward that for the most part wants to be a forward...........

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
It should not be surprising that Reese did:rolleyes: not include UConn on her final five list after the way Coco talked about her game and attitude.:rolleyes: hahahaaa. She is probably thinking "okay Coco, I'll show you". Maybe she never saw Collier and KLS get rebounds and dribble all the way down court. I'm messing with Coco but, there are others who do not think she is the kind of player who will succeed at UConn. However, I guess the coaching staff thought differently.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
yes I hope Geno will be spending a lot of time in Canada and that a certain Canadian UConn alumni continues to put in a good word about the program...
That would be "alumna" (singular and feminine), per the grammar police whom I just checked with.

I find Angel's list of finalists puzzling. Not only is UConn missing, but so are Notre Dame, Baylor, Mississippi State, South Carolina, and the Oregon alternatives. It's almost as if she is intentionally avoiding places where she might face talented internal competition or prescriptive coaches. Does she want to be the big fish in a medium-sized pond?

Reaction Score
I think South Carolina is on her list of the 5 remaining schools and will wind up at South Carolina.
Sounds like she wants the ball in her hands and initiating the offense. The only person who would allow her to do that is Brenda. Dawn won’t let her run wild.
She wants to play for a championship, so that excludes Tennessee, USC and Syrcacuse

Reaction Score
That would be "alumna" (singular and feminine), per the grammar police whom I just checked with.

I find Angel's list of finalists puzzling. Not only is UConn missing, but so are Notre Dame, Baylor, Mississippi State, South Carolina, and the Oregon alternatives. It's almost as if she is intentionally avoiding places where she might face talented internal competition or prescriptive coaches. Does she want to be the big fish in a medium-sized pond?

thanks for the correction, I thought that might be wrong but was just too lazy to check it...................I'd say the best odds would be for Reese to end up at Maryland but who knows

Reaction Score
thanks for the correction, I thought that might be wrong but was just too lazy to check it....I'd say the best odds would be for Reese to end up at Maryland but who knows
To state the obvious, the visits are intended to allow players to learn and evaluate programs. Suspect her finalist list very different than this initial list.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if this is the weekend Prince has her scheduled visit to UConn or is it next weekend?

Reaction Score
Sorry, my bad! Just found an article that said she had her 2 day visit on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. No decision as yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom