2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 141 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Talia Von Oelhoffen had 26 points in USA Select's 99-63 win on Saturday.

TVO is #22 in pink:

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Talia Von Oelhoffen had 26 points in USA Select's 99-63 win on Saturday.

A chunk of the 2nd quarter is missing on the video.

TVO hit at least 4 threes including a running shot from just inside the half court line to end the 3rd. She has a nice form on her jumper & appears to have strong offensive abilities.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The US Select team won again on Sunday 78-65. Talia Von Oelhoffen had 10 points and 6 rebounds. There doesn't appear to be video of the game.

Reaction Score
Looking at all the players UCONN is actively recruiting for 2020 how would you rank our chances of landing them? I would rank Edwards as our best chance followed by Cardoso and Reese.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Looking at all the players UCONN is actively recruiting for 2020 how would you rank our chances of landing them? I would rank Edwards as our best chance followed by Cardoso and Reese.
:D
Paige-Pretty good
Nika- Pretty good
Cardosa-Good much depends what happens with Prince
Reese-Good UCONN and many posters seem to like her game much more than I do.
Edwards-Pretty good this maybe wishful thinking on my part but she could be a perfect UCONN fit and I don't see her leaning elsewhere.
Dalayah Daniels- Poor things have been pretty quiet since UCONN was evaluating her which was more than a year ago.
Mir Mclean- Very Poor. Talented player but UCONN is going to be stacked at the wing/SG for the foreseeable future.
Awak Kuier- Poor. Don't see her in the UCONN mix unless Prince and Cardoso both go elsewhere.
Julianna Okosu-Very poor. Best case she would be UCONN's 3rd post player for a year. This would mean UCONN failed to close on Prince, Cardosa, Reese, & Kuier or is not in good standing with DeBerry in 2021.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
:D
Paige-Pretty good
Nika- Pretty good
Cardosa-Good much depends what happens with Prince
Reese-Good UCONN and many posters seem to like her game much more than I do.
Edwards-Pretty good this maybe wishful thinking on my part but she could be a perfect UCONN fit and I don't see her leaning elsewhere.
Dalayah Daniels- Poor things have been pretty quiet since UCONN was evaluating her which was more than a year ago.
Mir Mclean- Very Poor. Talented player but UCONN is going to be stacked at the wing/SG for the foreseeable future.
Awak Kuier- Poor. Don't see her in the UCONN mix unless Prince and Cardoso both go elsewhere.
Julianna Okosu-Very poor. Best case she would be UCONN's 3rd post player for a year. This would mean UCONN failed to close on Prince, Cardosa, Reese, & Kuier or is not in good standing with DeBerry in 2021.
I'm with you on Reese. I just don't see a UConn level game.

MTC

Reaction Score
I had not paid much attention to our recruiting efforts in prior years b/c I felt Geno had everything ell in hand. This year for some reason I feel compelled to follow the recruiting very closely. Does the current situation seem favorable for UConn or do these recruits play each college against each other more so than their male counterparts?

Reaction Score
I had not paid much attention to our recruiting efforts in prior years b/c I felt Geno had everything ell in hand. This year for some reason I feel compelled to follow the recruiting very closely. Does the current situation seem favorable for UConn or do these recruits play each college against each other more so than their male counterparts?
As of now, we have Bueckers, which automatically makes it favorable for UConn:D. Then came along Nika Muhl, the electric combo-guard, which meant the 1 and 2 positions were pretty much set for the 2020 class. Adding a 4 player like Edwards, Daniels or Reese would be big for this class, and depending on Prince, a 5 is very important, and Cardoso is a good one. A #1 class is very much in reach.

I wouldn't exactly label this "poor". Since Daniels named a top 5 of UConn, Stanford, Texas, Oregon, and Oregon State, I think five things have been officially reported:
1. UConn was in to evaluate her.
2. Duke was in attendance for a game/workout.
3. Oregon was in attendance for a game/workout.
4. UW Coach Wynn was at a game, if not multiple.
5. Louisville was in for a home-visit.
PS: Stanford board claims their staff also visited, but no official reports, but likely did happen.

The Louisville visit was reported by Prospects Nation, along with home visits to Van Lith and Jordyn Jenkins. None of that trio had any other visits reported, but it's likely that Louisville wasn't the only school in for them. Her is very foggy, and outside of Stanford fans, who think they have a good shot, I'm not sure anyone knows their chances.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
We'll be hearing a lot more about Judea Watkins (#1 in 2023) in the coming months:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
For people who have UVerse the games have been on channel 1665 all day every day. Some of the boys' games are also shown.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hey @Jordy remember when we were talking about Miles and defense-she got a long long way to go. She's can start by being just more active with her hands and feet. In the Zone defense the next time she puts her hands up will be a first. Her close out are abysmal and she is never truly in a defensive stance on the ball more pigeon toed and off balance. Payton Verhulst has a surprising level of athleticism. She didn't shoot well this game but the mechanics are solid and the strength on the shot, handling and defending is evident.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hey @Jordy remember when we were talking about Miles and defense-she got a long long way to go. She can start by being just more active with her hands and feet. In the Zone defense the next time she puts her hands up will be a first. Her close out are abysmal and she is never truly in a defensive stance on the ball more pigeon toed and off balance. Payton Verhulst has a surprising level of athleticism. She didn't shoot well this game but the mechanics are solid and the strength on the shot, handling and defending is evident.
Verhulst does have a deceiving level of athleticism and really good size to go with it. Very few guards have the combination of size, athleticism, and skill that Payton possesses. She also has a little edge to her game, but not overly flashy. Would welcome her to Storrs with open arms.

MTC

Reaction Score
Verhulst does have a deceiving level of athleticism and really good size to go with it. Very few guards have the combination of size, athleticism, and skill that Payton possesses. She also has a little edge to her game, but not overly flashy. Would welcome her to Storrs with open arms.
I would not be so quick to compare the two. Verhulst has been very well coached and Miles is a diamond in the rough. Geno can do wonders with both of them.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Betts at 15 and 6' 7" is averaging 14 points and 14.5 rebounds in 19 minutes. True, just an insanely dominant USA team against its two first opponents. But I'd say she should be on the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom