2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 135 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
And now Lister is both following and being followed by KK Bransford, another top 2022 from Ohio. Ranked #5 by Blue Star.

Reaction Score
My apologies if this has been posted already...........lot's of recognizable names although I didn't see Dominique Darius

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
My apologies if this has been posted already......lot's of recognizable names although I didn't see Dominique Darius

Darius might have missed the age cutoff.

There's an entire thread on the U16's below:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Thanks to UConnCat we can add one more new name on the POI board:

Alexia Mobley, a 2022 Ohio post and AAU teammate of the aforementioned KK Bransford. She's ranked 19th at Blue Star.

Mobley and Bransford both played at the Michigan event that Chris Dailey attended last weekend. Sounds like they impressed.

2022 KK Bransford SF 5'11" Angels Basketball Club Blue

This prospect has many of the qualities of the 2019 WNBA #1 pick, Jackie Young. Bransford is a tenacious but solid defender. She makes her money offensively punishing defenders on her way to the basket. Vs. Southwest Academy Prep, Bransford was able to impose her will on any defender thrown at her. She even stroked a 3 and pull-up jumper in transition for good measure. KK was the best prospect I saw on Day 1.

2022 Alexia Mobley 6'2" PF Angels Basketball Club Blue

Though you can see the work and skill that Alexia Mobley has put into her game, she is still somehow still raw in that I believe she is only scratching the surface of her potential and that is SCARY! She already has a college-ready frame, athleticism, and ability to run the floor. This ultra-athletic prospect is a budding star and is a must watch for high major coaches everywhere.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
There was not much to talk about in the second half. For one thing, FBC controlled the middle throughout the game with Destinee McGhee (see below) being held to just one point largely due to the defensive presence of often-discussed Kamilla Cardosa (6-7, center, 2020). FBC was led in scoring by Olivia Cochran (see below) with 15 points.

Olivia Cochran, 6-1, power forward, FBC United Hunt UA (Columbus, Georgia)

A high major prospect, Cochran has been one of the great success stories of this spring. Her game has evolved from being a low post player last year to where she is now a threat from behind the arc as well as in the key. Another plus is that she is much more mobile this spring. If counting points, she often leads her club team in scoring in the big games.

Janiah Barker, 6-3, forward, Essence Tiphayes Purple (Tampa, Florida)

Considered by many one of the very top 2022 prospects, Barker continues to show improvement in dominating in the paint. Still playing up two grades can be a challenge and some games she is not as dominant as in others. Highly athletic, she runs well, has nice handles for her size and rebounds effectively versus older players. She is getting better at finishing around the rim and hitting mid range shots.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The guys at Premiere Basketball Report compiled a list of notable players from last weekend's AAU event in Texas. Some of relevant importance:

OUTSTANDING OVERALL

2020 Angel Reese – Team Takeover 17u EYBL

2020 Mir McLean – Team Takeover 17u EYBL

2021 Latasha Lattimore – Sisters Keeper

2021 STOCK RISERS

Dominique Darius – Exodus 17u EYBL

Destiny Adams – Exodus 17u EYBL

Caroline Ducharme – Exodus 17u EYBL

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2022 Carleigh Wenzel ( #22 in Red) from the Texas tourney that got Jasmine Lister's attention:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
This is what Prospects Nation wrote about Lauren Betts ('22) after the Nike TOC last December:

It’s a tough thing when you are celebrated player at a young age. Coming into the Nike TOC this year the most talked about new name was Grandview High School’s (Aurora, Colo.) freshman post Lauren Betts. The 6-foot-8 interior prospect was a force in the paint. For a player of her size her agility and coordination was impressive.

Betts aggressiveness on both ends of the court was impressive. She intimidated most of the guards from Archbishop Mitty from even attempting a shot in the lane. Her work in the high-low as well as on the offensive glass along with the defensive impact were huge in securing the 62-58 win over Mitty.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
More scouting reports on Carleigh Wenzel ('22):

Carleigh Wenzel-5’10 guard-since I started writing and although I’ve watched the game change, one thing will always remain constant and that’s colleges love big guards that can shoot and Wenzel just left me speechless simply because she creates her own shot, under pressure, and nails it with a variety of options including the step back and a nice hesitation move plus her range is unlimited and it was simply target practice

Carleigh Wenzel – 2022 – 5-9 – Guard – SA Finest Team Mirez – Extremely skilled and smart…Closes out on the perimeter…Textbook…Stop and pop over defenders…Shoots three on the move with good feet…Understands spacing and how to get herself open…Only going to continue to improve

Reaction Score
It’s a tough thing when you are celebrated player at a young age. Coming into the Nike TOC this year the most talked about new name was Grandview High School’s (Aurora, Colo.) freshman post Lauren Betts. The 6-foot-8 interior prospect was a force in the paint. For a player of her size her agility and coordination was impressive.

Yikes! If she grows any more in the next 3 years, she may be unstoppable around the basket.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If you are following the U16 thread you'll notice nearly all of the new names linked to UConn are impressing. One of them is 2022 PG Londynn Jones. She's a small lefty that is tenacious on defense and has a big basketball IQ.

Here is some video of Jones displaying her skills from over a year ago:

Reaction Score
If you are following the U16 thread you'll notice nearly all of the new names linked to UConn are impressing. One of them is 2022 PG Londynn Jones. She's a small lefty that is tenacious on defense and has a big basketball IQ.

Here is some video of Jones displaying her skills from over a year ago:

A mini C. Williams.

Reaction Score
In just one year, the fates allowing, Bueckers will be scrimmaging and Geno will be smiling. I'd bet they could scrimmage in Gampel and get 500 a day willing to pay to watch. I'd pay. :)

here's an old quote from when she announced her pick:

Bueckers said she's not afraid of lofty expectations.

"I love what they do. It looks like so much fun," she said. "I know there's pressure when you have UConn across your chest, but I love pressure. I love when the rival fans hate you -- that makes the game more fun and entertaining".

www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26418695/uconn-lands-no-1-2020-prospect-bueckers

I read posts worried that this or that player was a big miss. What they miss is that UConn won the biggest prize since Stewart. Best guard prospect since ..... ??? Ask me next May. In the meantime just enjoy the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom