2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 134 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
A freshman huh?? Nice. Sorta in CT backyard. Even nicer.
Side note, my wife graduated from B-R.
Additional side note: Shay Bollin visited UCONN for the USF game on January 13. Class of '22 , 6'2" now and displaying an inside & mostly outside game already. If she grows another inch or two she could become a devastating F. Would be nice pickup from UCONN's backyard.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Additional side note: Shay Bollin visited UCONN for the USF game on January 13. Class of '22 , 6'2" now and displaying an inside & mostly outside game already. If she grows another inch or two she could become a devastating F. Would be nice pickup from UCONN's backyard.

Geno would be happy to get her just out of reflex so he can scream 'Shay' ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
With Geno knowing our fan base, I do not think he would give 'predictions' unless the probabilities are really high. :)
Might also go a long way towards explaining the "seeming" lack of UCONN interest in the bigs that have entered the transfer portal and made their way out ( Cooks, Dixon, Collins).

Reaction Score
Bleeding national flag blue blood...the thread starting 'Geno hints' sure seems to suggest that there might be another spring/summer signing. Maybe a big...maybe eligible to play right away....maybe a Euro?

I recall that after the fall recruiting...with several disappointments...Geno went public with a few pretty cheery/chirpy quotes about next year's team. His quotes in that thread indicate he knew a tad more than
we peons did.

PLus...the Muhl/Bueckers verbals for the following season. Best spring recruiting season ever?

It would have to be a Euro player, I went through the transfer portal list and there is not much there that can help UConn.

Reaction Score
With Geno knowing our fan base, I do not think he would give 'predictions' unless the probabilities are really high. :)
If it’s a Euro post player, will it be the Finn or the Dane?

Reaction Score
I was just looking back at some old UConn programs and came across one high lighting Kia stokes and Stephanie Dolson. What a combo when Geno wanted to go big. The opposition never dared to go into the lane. With Dolson in the high post and Stokes in the low post, they were unbelievable and controlled almost every offensive and defensive rebound. It took Dolson 2 years to lose that baby fat and remake herself. Stokes always looked to me like a prototype post when she was a freshman, it again took time to develop into the shot blocker she eventually became. This brings me back to ODO. She could develop into another formidable post but we need another biggie to spell her or team up to become the next Dolson /Stokes.

Reaction Score
I was just looking back at some old UConn programs and came across one high lighting Kia stokes and Stephanie Dolson. What a combo when Geno wanted to go big. The opposition never dared to go into the lane. With Dolson in the high post and Stokes in the low post, they were unbelievable and controlled almost every offensive and defensive rebound. It took Dolson 2 years to lose that baby fat and remake herself. Stokes always looked to me like a prototype post when she was a freshman, it again took time to develop into the shot blocker she eventually became. This brings me back to ODO. She could develop into another formidable post but we need another biggie to spell her or team up to become the next Dolson /Stokes.

Stewie was on the court with them

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Jasmine Lister has given us something to talk about for weeks. She has added over a dozen new IG accounts that she's following including those of many of the elite prospects from '22.

Charlie will be thrilled to know two of them are Destiny Adams and Dominique Darius from New Jersey. She's also now following Olivia Miles so UConn is still in on her even with the '20 guard additions.

Awak Kuier, the skinny dunker from Finland.

Mir McLean, the only new 2020 added. McLean is ranked right around 30 everywhere but there is a general thought that she's underrated.

Caroline Ducharme who I think Lister was already following. Maybe Ducharme has a new IG account.

The youngsters in the next post.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
More new JL Instagram adds:

Aaliyah Moore 2021

Greta Kampschroeder 2021

Lauren Betts 2022

Janiah Barker 2022

Londynn Jones 2022

Timea Gardiner 2022

Kiki Rice 2022

Carleigh Wenzel 2022

Milaysia Fulwiley 2023

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
As to the above list of players...

Rice, Jones, Betts, and Gardiner are elite, top-5 ish players in 2022. Gardiner and Rice are two of my favorites.

Timea Gardiner is a 6-3 forward from Utah who is ranked #4 by Blue Star. A nice scouting report on her a bit down this page:

Kiki Rice, who we had heard connected to UConn previously, is a dynamite guard from the D.C. area. She had a monster freshmen season averaging 19 points, 9.5 rebounds, 6.5 assists, 2.5 steals, and a 55% shooting percentage. Rice is currently #11 at Blue Star.

Lauren Betts is the 6-7 center from Colorado who I said to keep an eye one a few months ago. She's ranked #2 by Blue Star.

Londynn Jones is an uber-athletic point guard from California. Currently #9 at Blue Star.

Reaction Score
Kudos to whoever compiled the video. Lots of clever passes, lots of steals, and even a killer hand off and screen. Shay has surprisingly quick hands.

I always watch these videos to have an idea of where their game stands. More often or not they don’t usually look that great to me. For instance the recruit Edwards that everyone wants looks like there’s a lot to work with, but she appears sloppy. I usually feel that way about most of the recruits. I know they are young so I expect it. However, Shay Bollin looks like she has it all. She looks tough, hardworking and skilled. I know it’s a highlight video, but man I like her game. I’m no expert, but she looks ready now!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2023 Milaysia Fulwiley is an electric guard from South Carolina. Her current Blue Star ranking of #3 means UConn is following the top three players on BS's list.

1) Judea Watkins
2) Jada Williams
3) Milaysia Fulwiley

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Carleigh Wenzel, a combo guard from Texas now added to JL's IG, mentioned Jasmine today:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I always watch these videos to have an idea of where their game stands. More often or not they don’t usually look that great to me. For instance the recruit Edwards that everyone wants looks like there’s a lot to work with, but she appears sloppy. I usually feel that way about most of the recruits. I know they are young so I expect it. However, Shay Bollin looks like she has it all. She looks tough, hardworking and skilled. I know it’s a highlight video, but man I like her game. I’m no expert, but she looks ready now!
Bonus: Shay is just about to complete her freshmen year of high school.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
McLean is also considered the most athletic player in the class.

McLean has gotten beaucoup compliments the last month or so. Also of interest, she is Angel Reese's AAU teammate.

Last edited:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Yes. This IG do-hickey may catch on. ;)

I’m pretty IG-literate, but I couldn’t begin to track who is following whom and when someone starts tracking someone new. Maybe I just need to be more dedicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom