2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 136 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Are there more than 2 or 3 2020 recruits we know of? If so who?

If by recruits you mean targets, yes.

Angel Reese, 6-2 F
Kamilla Cardoso , 6-6 C
Aaliyah Edwards, 6-3 F
Dalayah Daniels, 6-3 F
Mir McLean, 5-11 W
Olivia Cochran, perhaps, 6-3 F
Awak Kuier, 6-5 F

I'm not including Hailey Van Lith here because I think that's probably not going to happen.

Reaction Score
If by recruits you mean targets, yes.

Angel Reese, 6-2 F
Kamilla Cardoso , 6-6 C
Aaliyah Edwards, 6-3 F
Dalayah Daniels, 6-3 F
Mir McLean, 5-11 W
Olivia Cochran, perhaps, 6-3 F
Awak Kuier, 6-5 F

I'm not including Hailey Van Lith here because I think that's probably not going to happen.
Didn't realize Cochran is 6-3. Auriemma's got to go get her.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Didn't realize Cochran is 6-3. Auriemma's got to go get her.

You know what, she's probably not. PN has her at 6-3 and ESPN at 6-1. While watching her at the 3X3 I figured closer to 6-1. Either way, she's very good.

Reaction Score
You know what, she's probably not. PN has her at 6-3 and ESPN at 6-1. While watching her at the 3X3 I figured closer to 6-1. Either way, she's very good.
Yes, I was surprised at that but man she's got a motor.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
AZGR Desert Invitational: Top Forwards

Lauren Betts 6’7 2022 C (CO Premier EYBL 17u)

Lauren Betts looked like the best college prospect of the entire tournament, due to her size and skill. She stands at 6’7 and has the skill to match. She moves up and down the court easily and turns away a lot of shots on defense. Her games drew in a lot of college coaches to watch her.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
What’s surprising to me is she is not ranked by ESPN

You mean listed on the watch list since they haven't ranked '22s yet. We'll see where everyone is in a year. I think she may be a bit more on the unknown side being in New Mexico.

Reaction Score

Reese continues to impress, she’s going to make some school happy. I think she will pass Brink and maybe challenge Paige for top player in class in the next few years with the right coaching staff to develop her game, there’s not a lot of 6’3 players with her skill set in the women’s game.

Reaction Score
Reese continues to impress, she’s going to make some school happy. I think she will pass Brink and maybe challenge Paige for top player in class in the next few years with the right coaching staff to develop her game, there’s not a lot of 6’3 players with her skill set in the women’s game.
She already passed Brink in the rankings. Olson is extremely high on Reese. I personally think she and Brink are a tossup, both have unique skillsets and are special athletes for their size.

Reaction Score

I don't see what people see in Reese as a basketball player. Sure, she seems like a very good athlete, but as a basketball player, she seems so raw.

Reaction Score
I don't see what people see in Reese as a basketball player. Sure, she seems like a very good athlete, but as a basketball player, she seems so raw.

Not all freshman are finished products coming into college. Reese still has a ton to work on and she will need more coaching (shooting). Could see her Blooming by second year of college. She reminds me of a DiDi Richards of Baylor.

Reaction Score

I agree 10000000%, I just don't see it.

Reaction Score
I agree 10000000%, I just don't see it.

I would say as far as her shooting form goes she seems somewhat awkward or to be a bit more charitable unorthodox...................frankly if she does everything else well and the ball goes in the basket half the time or more when she shoots I could live with it.................

Reactions: MTC
Reaction Score
I would say as far as her shooting form goes she seems somewhat awkward or to be a bit more charitable unorthodox....frankly if she does everything else well and the ball goes in the basket half the time or more when she shoots I could live with it.......
[/QUOTE

Tif Hayes was somewhat unorthodox in her shot.

Reaction Score
I would say as far as her shooting form goes she seems somewhat awkward or to be a bit more charitable unorthodox....frankly if she does everything else well and the ball goes in the basket half the time or more when she shoots I could live with it.......

It's not just her shooting form though. You can be unorthodox when you play against much inferior players like in the clip above, but against fundamentally sound players, not sure you will be able to do those things with any degree of success. I have a feeling that if she comes to Uconn, we may have similar discussion about Reese as we did about Coombs last year.

MTC

Reaction Score
It's not just her shooting form though. You can be unorthodox when you play against much inferior players like in the clip above, but against fundamentally sound players, not sure you will be able to do those things with any degree of success. I have a feeling that if she comes to Uconn, we may have similar discussion about Reese as we did about Coombs last year.
Not a chance of that since Angel is a big time rebounder. Her potential is very high.

Reaction Score
Reese can run, jump, and rebound with her go go gadget arms. She can post up, and be used as a play maker, she’s also a south paw, the only thing she can’t do that well at this point is shoot, but she still has time to improve.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I haven't really seen Reese's post game. Most clips show her driving and throwing up very strange shots, some she makes, some she misses badly. For me, she would be the biggest unknown if she commits to UConn. No idea what kind of player she would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom