2020-21 midseason transfer thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2020-21 midseason transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Autumn Newby also leaving Vandy...yikes.

She opted out prior to them ending their season.

Is this a transfer or is she simply graduating? Haven’t seen anything about her being in the portal yet.

Reaction Score
Is this a transfer or is she simply graduating? Haven’t seen anything about her being in the portal yet.
She’s on raoul’s list on twitter.

There are also a few coaches who follow most players who enter the portal (if you’re on twitter).

Reaction Score
I’m surprised Patrick is leaving, but:

7a783819b87de87b3c7c1872d0581025.jpg

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I’m surprised Patrick is leaving, but:

Huh? :confused:

Ms. Patrick started all four games of her sophomore year and averaged 11.8 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.0 assists before the season was shut down. I saw her play at Saddle River Day and thought the matchup with Duke was a solid one, particularly after Coach Lawson came aboard.

Look forward to our Duke colleagues perhaps shedding some light on this one.

Reaction Score
Huh? :confused:

Ms. Patrick started all four games of her sophomore year and averaged 11.8 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.0 assists before the season was shut down. I saw her play at Saddle River Day and thought the matchup with Duke was a solid one, particularly after Coach Lawson came aboard.

Look forward to our Duke colleagues perhaps shedding some light on this one.
Lawson's 1st year. There were bound to be some coach-player mismatches.

Reaction Score
It shouldn't for a 2022 recruit. Heck, if she could stay on another year, I'd see it as a great learning opportunity since she's spent time at Stanford.

Maybe it's me, but too many athletes are worried about playing right away. Look at Dana Evans at Louisville and where she is now. From averaging 5 min/game as a freshman to now? Sometimes it's worth "Trusting the process", and I'm not talking the Philly 76ers version. ?
Look at moon ursin from Baylor! She averaged 4 points her first 3 years and was behind great guards but now in her senior year is averaging 11 points per game

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Jada Claude was a recruit ranked outside the top 200 who committed to Coach Joanne P. McCallie. I cannot say I am surprised about her transfer, as she does not have the talent to be a contributor on a good ACC team. There were also minor behavioral issues with her during her first year.

As for Jaida Patrick, this was a surprise. As a refresher, here were Patrick's high school recruiting rankings:
  • #23 - All Star Girls Report
  • #38 - Prospects Nation
  • #57 - ESPN/Hoopgurlz
  • #115 - Blue Star Report
Patrick had potential to be a solid contributor on a good Duke team.

But after being on a Zoom call with Coach K(ara) this morning, I am going to trust her vision.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Jada Claude was a recruit ranked outside the top 200 who committed to Coach Joanne P. McCallie. I cannot say I am surprised about her transfer, as she does not have the talent to be a contributor on a good ACC team. There were also minor behavioral issues with her during her first year.

As for Jaida Patrick, this was a surprise. As a refresher, here were Patrick's high school recruiting rankings:
  • #23 - All Star Girls Report
  • #38 - Prospects Nation
  • #57 - ESPN/Hoopgurlz
  • #115 - Blue Star Report
Patrick had potential to be a solid contributor on a good Duke team.

But after being on a Zoom call with Coach K(ara) this morning, I am going to trust her vision.

Thanks..... I was about to head to the kitchen and pull out some possibly fermented apple cider. Now I can save it for future use.

I hate to see players leave Duke.... I agree that I thought Patrick had potential for us in the future. Not as surprised about Claude. I wish both players well. (unless they transfer to a school on my most hated list)

Reaction Score
Is it weird to enter the portal now when you are potentially suppose to be in the NCAAT in a couple weeks? She was ready to move on clearly lol

She won't be the last one either

Reaction Score
YES very weird. I don’t know how you can keep playing after announcing that you are transferring. Or that the coach would want you to keep playing.
Yea I mean if Miss St had a losing record and or opted out the rest of the year, I could see the announcement, just weird to do it right now when the season isn't over and the NCAAT selections coming up on Monday. There is no way she plays even if they do get selected. It would be awkward and I don't think the coach would allow it either.

The names to watch are Rickea, Carter, and Matharu. Rickea and Matharu have been disciplined and butting heads with the coaches all year. Carter looks miserable to be honest. M. Taylor legit looks like one of the few who is actually happy and in a good place right now.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Yea I mean if Miss St had a losing record and or opted out the rest of the year, I could see the announcement, just weird to do it right now when the season isn't over and the NCAAT selections coming up on Monday. There is no way she plays even if they do get selected. It would be awkward and I don't think the coach would allow it either.

The names to watch are Rickea, Carter, and Matharu. Rickea and Matharu have been disciplined and butting heads with the coaches all year. Carter looks miserable to be honest. M. Taylor legit looks like one of the few who is actually happy and in a good place right now.
Isn't Carter a rising senior? Not saying people don't leave after their junior year but wow.. that would be something.

Reaction Score

Roster had 12. Down to 11 now.
Are the GR and SR moving on?

of course this year will be the wild wild west for transfers so NMP will be able to get bodies if she needs them

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Cooks and Morris are gone already said. So it's down to 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom