2020-21 midseason transfer thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2020-21 midseason transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
72902349.jpg

The portal this off-season

Reaction Score
Now a gusher of players announcing their transfer before the season is officially over.
Transfers today from Alabama, LSU, Temple, Kentucky.

DeSha Benjamin, AL
Treasure Thompson, LSU
Aniya Matthews, Tem
Kameron Roach, KY

Very odd new trend.

Reaction Score
Now a gusher of players announcing their transfer before the season is officially over.
Transfers today from Alabama, LSU, Temple, Kentucky.

DeSha Benjamin, AL
Treasure Thompson, LSU
Aniya Matthews, Tem
Kameron Roach, KY

Very odd new trend.
Weird to announce now when many of those teams are going to play in the NCAAT, although I don't think LSU and Temple will be in it (though you would think they would wait another 5 days...). Kentucky and Alabama are clearly locked in

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Weird to announce now when many of those teams are going to play in the NCAAT, although I don't think LSU and Temple will be in it (though you would think they would wait another 5 days...). Kentucky and Alabama are clearly locked in
LSU stands a very good chance of getting a WNIT bid. (In a "normal" year, in fact, they would get the automatic WNIT bid for the SEC.)

Temple has a chance of one as well.

Reaction Score
LSU will probably be invited to WNIT (tho dunno if they'd accept).

Yeah but overall just weird that these guys are like "peace. out." I know they are marginal contributors but still really kind of an f you to their teammates.

Reaction Score
LSU stands a very good chance of getting a WNIT bid. (In a "normal" year, in fact, they would get the automatic WNIT bid for the SEC.)

Temple has a chance of one as well.
I wasn't even thinking about WNIT to be honest. Last time we were invited for it we declined it. Nikki might try to do it to get some wins to maybe try to 'save' her job but I doubt it happens. The decision may actually not even be up to her.

I don't agree with these transfers leaving now. Wait till the season is officially over then feel free to leave. Not fair to the team (players and coaches) to peace out now.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
LSU will probably be invited to WNIT (tho dunno if they'd accept).

Yeah but overall just weird that these guys are like "peace. out." I know they are marginal contributors but still really kind of an f you to their teammates.
Well, that's one perspective.

Another could be that the coaching staff didn't treat said player very well, and they've simply had enough. Why prolong the inevitable now that the regular season is over?

Reaction Score
Well, that's one perspective.

Another could be that the coaching staff didn't treat said player very well, and they've simply had enough. Why prolong the inevitable now that the regular season is over?
The team is still playing. Player is saying "c ya later." If I liked my teammates I'd stick around another week or two to support them. If not, why not bail a week or two ago?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
The team is still playing. Player is saying "c ya later." If I liked my teammates I'd stick around another week or two to support them. If not, why not bail a week or two ago?
From the last conference tourney game to the first NCAA or WNIT game is almost two weeks for some of these players; maybe they don't want to be around the coaching staff any longer, and maybe that even holds true regarding some of their teammates. I'm not gonna judge a player because they are doing what is best for themselves; in my book, they are allowed to put their interests and well-being above everyone else's.

Reaction Score

From the last conference tourney game to the first NCAA or WNIT game is almost two weeks for some of these players; maybe they don't want to be around the coaching staff any longer, and maybe that even holds true regarding some of their teammates. I'm not gonna judge a player because they are doing what is best for themselves; in my book, they are allowed to put their interests and well-being above everyone else's.

Couldn't the same be said about coaches on both points? We've seen the Memphis coach retire with weeks to go this season. And another just resigned prior to the MAAC tournament (I believe) after being suspended for a day.

Who really knows what is going on in the background? If there's something that could be impacting them negatively, it's probably best they move on sooner than later.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Would expect St. John's, Seton hall and Rutgers to have strong interest here.

Rutgers could certainly use her.

Agree that these three Big East schools could all use a player like Ms. Lewis.
  • St. John's has a stellar player in Leilani Correa, but they've got to help her out; otherwise she might hit the door herself
  • Seton Hall is a welcoming destination for tranfers
  • Ariella Guirantes is graduating from Rutgers this year, right? Although Lewis is a forward (and AG a guard), she could team with forwards Tekia Mack and guards Diamond Johnson and Zippy Broughton to keep the Knights humming.

One other thought: guard Niya Beverly left Wisconsin and transferred to Penn State and had a good year until she twisted her ankle just before the B1G tourney. Wonder if she and Lewis are tight? While Penn State's guards have had pretty good years, a presence down low could help.

For what it's worth, Lewis' hometown -- Willngsboro, NJ -- is probably closest to Rutgers, then Seton Hall. And PSU isn't that far away. To get to the SJU campus, you have to take the Belt Parkway all the way around Brooklyn. Uggh. :eek: ;)

Man, this does not make the first year easy for Tsipsis' successor out in Madison.

Last edited:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Agree that these thredd Big East schools could all us a player like Ms. Lewis.
  • St. John's has a stellar player in Leilani Correa, but they've got to help her out; otherwise she might hit the door herself
  • Seton Hall is a welcoming destination for tranfers
  • Ariella Guirantes is graduating from Rutgers this year, right? Although Lewis is a forward (and AG a guard), she could team with forwards Tekia Mack and guards Diamond Johnson and Zippy Broughton to keep the Knights humming.

For what it's worth, Lewis' hometown -- Willngsboro, NJ -- is probably closest to Rutgers, then Seton Hall.

Man, this does not make the first year easy for Tsipsis' successor out in Madison.
Guirantes is gone after this year, and quite possibly Mack is too since she is a senior and hasn't announced yet if she's coming back.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Guirantes is gone after this year, and quite possibly Mack is too since she is a senior and hasn't announced yet if she's coming back.

So, if Mack is gone, Lewis would be a plus up front......

Reaction Score
Wiggins departure isn't surprising. She struggled with injuries for much of her time and never really found a groove even under Vic. I wish her the best. She won't be the only one.

Reaction Score

Another Ute (and perhaps a more notable one): 6-4 Lola Pendande. Had a really good freshman season, but struggled this year.

Will be a nice pickup for some team if she can regain freshman form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom