2020-21 midseason transfer thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2020-21 midseason transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ha at this point I think Kim is devoting 90% of her recruiting efforts to the transfer portal. Why expend all that time and energy convincing high schoolers to go to Baylor when half of them are gonna leave within one or two years anyway? Makes more sense to let rival schools serve as your farm system.
Why not? It has become a free agency these days. In literally all sports ?

Reaction Score
Wait, what? Kara Lawson has coached exactly 4 games with JPM players and then quit the season. We have NO IDEA what kind of players Kara wants. We know what players she signed to join Duke but heck, even the transfers as what kind players they are, are unknown to us as this point so let's stay a bit more rational before annointing Kara as a Svengali type of coach who will cure all the Duke Blue Devil evils...we need more evidence...
I don't ...you do

Reaction Score
Ha at this point I think Kim is devoting 90% of her recruiting efforts to the transfer portal. Why expend all that time and energy convincing high schoolers to go to Baylor when half of them are gonna leave within one or two years anyway? Makes more sense to let rival schools serve as your farm system.
I think she picked it up from Scott Drew and the Baylor men's team. He has been taking transfers for years, and currently has a top-2 team with 3 transfers starting.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wait, what? Kara Lawson has coached exactly 4 games with JPM players and then quit the season. We have NO IDEA what kind of players Kara wants. We know what players she signed to join Duke but heck, even the transfers as what kind players they are, are unknown to us as this point so let's stay a bit more rational before annointing Kara as a Svengali type of coach who will cure all the Duke Blue Devil evils...we need more evidence...
Sure we do. We know what kind of player Kara wants because she has already signed them.
Nyah Green, Shay Bollin and Aslon Jackson. She seems to like big guards. These are 3 top top 25 ranked kids that Kara has signed or committed since taking over. The last top 25 kid Duke signed under JPM was Jade Williams in 2016.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wonder what will happen with Andrews, seems like she will be pushed even farther down the depth chart.
It is what it is, she isn’t ready right now. Offensively that is. She needs a lot of work on her shooting. She will hit the 3 here and there but she seems to have zero touch on her floaters near the rim

Owens needs more minutes of anyone

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Spanish Fr. Ana Teresa Faustino is departing Oregon St. She had just about zero impact there.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And giving them away as well ;) ... along with another school that I shall not mention :cool:

That school not mentioned wasn't supposed to be Duke :oops::oops::oops::(:(:(:(:(:(:oops::oops::oops:

snoopy.png

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Are they good players?

Adams was a role player her first two years... then tore her ACL in 2019.. and tore it again this past summer. Hasn't played since March of 2019. She is a senior. The Greek gal was a grad transfer from Cal. She was fine for us... averaged 10pts in 4 games. Boykin is the real surprise... she was our most talented player... but suffered through injuries in her career... only played 35 games in her first 3 years.. She was the #1 ranked freshman in high school.... missed her sophomore and junior years with knees injuries... came back and had the best season in the history of NC High School Girls. I don't normally follow high school basketball.... but since she committed to Duke so early (sophomore) and was a in-state kid.. I tracked her progress. Disappointed that the injuries continued with her in college.. cause she was All-ACC material when healthy.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Sure we do. We know what kind of player Kara wants because she has already signed them.
Nyah Green, Shay Bollin and Aslon Jackson. She seems to like big guards. These are 3 top top 25 ranked kids that Kara has signed or committed since taking over. The last top 25 kid Duke signed under JPM was Jade Williams in 2016.

I remember that Jade Williams commitment.

Kara and Niele have that "like" of tall guards in common. Niele's off guard of 2021, Sonia Citron, is 6'1" tall and her designated point guard of the future (and now), Olivia Miles, -- who will make her debut against Syracuse in a week+ change -- is now listed as 5'11".

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Can she play this term?
I'm not sure it would depend on when she left Stanford. The Stanford website still has her as a rostered player.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Season 4 Idk GIF by The Office

I'm not sure this moves the needle on the fortunes of ND much.

I think it's hard to tell. Her injuries kept her from really gaining any momentum at Stanford, so I wouldn't be surprised if she played like she was projected to out of high school or if she kept up like she did at Stanford. I'd imagine she'll be battling Brunelle for minutes so, at the very least for ND, it might push Brunelle a little more...

Reaction Score
I'm not sure it would depend on when she left Stanford. The Stanford website still has her as a rostered player.

She hasn't played at all this season for Stanford, and if she managed to enroll this semester or quarter at Notre Dame, it's entirely possible that she could play this year. My understanding is that she opted out due to COVID, recovering from injuries, and saw the writing on the wall with Brink, Belibi, and Prechtel taking up more of the post rotation.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think it's hard to tell. Her injuries kept her from really gaining any momentum at Stanford, so I wouldn't be surprised if she played like she was projected to out of high school or if she kept up like she did at Stanford. I'd imagine she'll be battling Brunelle for minutes so, at the very least for ND, it might push Brunelle a little more...
Well Brunelle is battling for minutes herself -Zero starts this season. ND is Vaugh and Westbeld and three guards mostly. Next year ND has Cosgrove and Marshall returning to compete for minutes up front.
Regarding this Ivey Era: Can it really be considered an era when you are one game above .500 for both the season and in conference play? Looks like the start of the dark ages more than it does an era at least to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom