2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 91 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

C

Chief00

A ha

I thought u were suggesting he missed on kids who committed vs those that had little interest in coming here.

LOL - These are kids we targeted and made offers to. If what you say is correct, why are we investing time and making offers to kids who “had little interest in coming here”?
I get in recruiting, by its nature, you will miss more than win but let’s not twist the results around.

C

Chief00

Unlike your basketball analysis ... let’s do this:

Wait. Come back tomorrow at noon and moan. The summary by huskymedic tells a story. But let’s fully digest the class first.

Fair enough.

Reaction Score
LOL - These are kids we targeted and made offers to. If what you say is correct, why are we investing time and making offers to kids who “had little interest in coming here”?
I get in recruiting, by its nature, you will miss more than win but let’s not twist the results around.
You offer kids that are total reaches and you go visit those kids and those schools to establish relationships with coaches educate about the program. Player A may be a total reach, but players B & C may be viable targets. With that relationship, Edsall may find a player or two. Edsall is looking at 2020 and beyond as he builds the 2019 class.

Reaction Score
Drink. Drink.

Drink copious amount of Rolling Rock tonight and into the early morning. It’s worked many times in Boneyard History. Including 1999

Reaction Score
You offer kids that are total reaches and you go visit those kids and those schools to establish relationships with coaches educate about the program. Player A may be a total reach, but players B & C may be viable targets. With that relationship, Edsall may find a player or two. Edsall is looking at 2020 and beyond as he builds the 2019 class.

Chief doesn’t understand how football recruiting works. There is no blaze strategy that could be implemented in to uconn football recruiting

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Football recruiting is a different animal than basketball recruiting. With football there are a number of misses, but in basketball with all the camps there are few misses at the college level.

C

Chief00

Got it UConnRock - So we are recruiting for 2020 not 2019 now, despite tomorrow being signing day, an abundance of open scholarships and an immediate need to win more games. LOL your sense of urgency would last about 2 seconds at a Calhoun recruiting staff meeting.

Reaction Score
Got it UConnRock - So we are recruiting for 2020 not 2019 now, despite tomorrow being signing day, an abundance of open scholarships and an immediate need to win more games. LOL your sense of urgency would last about 2 seconds at a Calhoun recruiting staff meeting.
Yo Chief, if you notice, 6 or 7 threads down from the 2019 recruiting thread is the 2020 Recruiting thread with 7 pages of postings. Believe it or not, it is possible for a FBS recruiting staff to multi-task. If Edsall and his staff weren’t looking at 2020 and beyond they would be committing a dereliction of duty.

Reaction Score

I’ll assume even chief recognizes how stupid that comment was. You offer 4 and 5 stars. It takes little effort. You do it for a dozen reasons. I’ll tell you what, you can come back at 11:11 tomorrow and wow us with your wizardry. You have no plan, no solution.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Don't want to throw things off but is anyone aware of when Mike Hinton joins the team? He's a DL Grad Transfer who could be helpful if he can make the transition to D1 / FBS.

2019 Potential Transfers — The Grad Transfer Tracker

They should update all lists tomorrow. Not sure how many are still available.

I think he has to graduate first and will be here in the summer if I remember correctly since it is a Ivy league school

Reaction Score
1549463950346.png

Reaction Score
back to this ...

The STAFFBOARD knows that Clercius is going to make his eligibility number; that Drayton likely will sign on Feb 6th - coaches have that insight; and the Ross commitment is solid.

No one should be surprised that Raykwon Anderson goes on 2 more visits and commits to Appalachian State. We don't know the sequence of events. He stated that UCONN was his top choice. But given moving pieces + Ardell Brown really filling the immediate scat receiver role in the slot. Anderson probably did not choose App State over UConn and others.

Then QB. They liked Zergiotis out of camp. He probably did not go to many US camps - he is well known in Quebec and Eastern Canada. I have two Montreal friends that played for the Alouettes and help local teams: Zergiotis is someone they are fond of. Then Beaudry. This is Dunn. We could have gone a lot of directions. We are a FBS Program with a starting QB not returning. Seeing both Washington & Krajewski, I would say that either could make a leap and start next year. Both showed talent in brief appearances. But, you don't have certainty. Dunn (*and Edsall) could have taken one of many transfers coming out of P5 program … we were a desired slot. Play with our exposure (even with that putrid 2018). Dunn went after Beaudry after looking at many.

Reaction Score
back to this ...

The STAFFBOARD knows that Clercius is going to make his eligibility number; that Drayton likely will sign on Feb 6th - coaches have that insight; and the Ross commitment is solid.

No one should be surprised that Raykwon Anderson goes on 2 more visits and commits to Appalachian State. We don't know the sequence of events. He stated that UCONN was his top choice. But given moving pieces + Ardell Brown really filling the immediate scat receiver role in the slot. Anderson probably did not choose App State over UConn and others.

Then QB. They liked Zergiotis out of camp. He probably did not go to many US camps - he is well known in Quebec and Eastern Canada. I have two Montreal friends that played for the Alouettes and help local teams: Zergiotis is someone they are fond of. Then Beaudry. This is Dunn. We could have gone a lot of directions. We are a FBS Program with a starting QB not returning. Seeing both Washington & Krajewski, I would say that either could make a leap and start next year. Both showed talent in brief appearances. But, you don't have certainty. Dunn (*and Edsall) could have taken one of many transfers coming out of P5 program … we were a desired slot. Play with our exposure (even with that putrid 2018). Dunn went after Beaudry after looking at many.
I want to like this but how can you say Krajewski and Washington showed talent? Krajewski in particular, was it his handoffs that impressed you? And Beaudry could easily be looked at as desperate move when whiffing on HS recruits. With that said, I hope you are 100 percent right.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I want to like this but how can you say Krajewski and Washington showed talent? Krajewski in particular, was it his handoffs that impressed you? And Beaudry could easily be looked at as desperate move when whiffing on HS recruits. With that said, I hope you are 100 percent right.

Ugh - he drank the punch bowl before writing this rosy post. Lets just let it sit here and we can unpack this tomorrow.

Reaction Score
I think UConn was always targeting an experienced QB for this class, JUCO or grad transfer, in addition to Zergiotis. Messiah DeWeaver was a JUCO that was pursued.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom