2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 49 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
DJ Williams is quite the bowling ball. 210lbs RB in high school? With his frame, he should be able to play as a true freshman. He seems to have all the attributes; vision, cut ability in the hole, balance, acceleration and speed. One small knock on him is that the competition looks weak.

Lots of follow back from DJ on Twitter with the staff, this might go places.
He looks really good.

Reaction Score

I see it...

Nate White is a 6-4 230lb DE/LB/TE from Edgewater High School in Orlando Florida. Other offers from Akron, Colorado State, FAU, FIU, Georgia State, Kent State, Liberty, Mercer, Middle Tennessee, Mississippi Valley State, Northern Illinois, Southern Illinois, Southern Miss, South Alabama, Syracuse, Toledo, Troy, UAB, USF and Western Kentucky

Highlights

Reaction Score
Cornelius Johnson from Brunswick School in Greenwich CT

Alabama, Michigan, Notre-Dame, Penn State and Stanford

Reaction Score
DJ Williams is quite the bowling ball. 210lbs RB in high school? With his frame, he should be able to play as a true freshman. He seems to have all the attributes; vision, cut ability in the hole, balance, acceleration and speed. One small knock on him is that the competition looks weak.

Lots of follow back from DJ on Twitter with the staff, this might go places.

Looks like so many of the great college backs you see today. Powerful, fast, and seems to play behind a line like ours.
Sign him and start him against UMass.

Reaction Score
No intel other than he held a UConn offer coming out of high school and John Dunn is aware of PSU’s Manny Bowen out of NJ. He did not play for PSU this year.

Video if embedded Twitter one doesn’t: Manny Bowen Career Highlight Mix || Penn State LB #43 || “Roll in Peace” ᴴᴰ

We'd be an extremely good look for this young man... When he suits up, we'll be a better/much improved product on the field.. And I'm sure he could CLEARLY bring some SOLID play on D for us.. something we desperately need....

Reaction Score

I see it...

Nate White is a 6-4 230lb DE/LB/TE from Edgewater High School in Orlando Florida. Other offers from Akron, Colorado State, FAU, FIU, Georgia State, Kent State, Liberty, Mercer, Middle Tennessee, Mississippi Valley State, Northern Illinois, Southern Illinois, Southern Miss, South Alabama, Syracuse, Toledo, Troy, UAB, USF and Western Kentucky

Highlights

He'd provide much need help to our edge rush (weak side)... we currently have non existent depth at that position... All I see right now is a rotation of DeVaughn and Beavers... Nice combo but we need more depth... badly....

Reaction Score
Not a surprise - I've been expecting 20 in this class. You're not playing as a Jr or Sr. and you are on track to graduation - God speed. No reason a kid who wants to keep playing, can't - he'll just do it elsewhere.
I'm glad Edsall is doing this.. we have to move on... no offense to any of the kids that are upperclassmen with eligibility left, but they've been here a few years.. Zero improvement from the majority of that bunch... Time to move on to recruits with the upside to develop and get this program back on track....

Reaction Score

Travis Koontz is a 6-5 250lb TE from Youngstown Ohio attending Ventura Community College in Ventura CA. Other offers from Fresno State, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Nevada, Pitt (Committed 6/15/18>Decommitted 10/2/18), San Diego State and Texas State.

Highlights

Been around the block so to say..
>>Originally from Youngstown, Ohio, Koontz spent last season at Los Angeles Pierce College and is now at Ventura College. The 6-foot-6, 250-pound Koontz had 11 receptions for 106 yards and a touchdown last season in eight games, according to statistics from the California Community College Athletic Association. He’ll have three years to play two seasons at Pitt.

A three-star recruit out of Boardman High School, Koontz originally committed to both Bowling Green and Toledo before opting to go the junior-college route. Since then, Koontz has seen a rise in his recruitment, and he chose the Panthers over Louisville, LSU and Maryland, among others.<<

Plenty of opportunity awaits this young man in Storrs CT

Reaction Score
I'm glad Edsall is doing this.. we have to move on... no offense to any of the kids that are upperclassmen with eligibility left, but they've been here a few years.. Zero improvement from the majority of that bunch... Time to move on to recruits with the upside to develop and get this program back on track....
I hate to say he has doesn’t have a choice he needs to act quick because he knows he is off schedule and now going to work his tailbone off to find UConn players hard nose offense and defensive players

Reaction Score
I hate to say he has doesn’t have a choice he needs to act quick because he knows he is off schedule and now going to work his tailbone off to find UConn players hard nose offense and defensive players

Honestly recruiting has always been his strong suit so I’m trusting him 100%

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Stacy Brown - 6'3'' 198lb Safety from Duncanville TX offered today by Corey Edsall. Brown has 22 offers including: Tulane, Mizzu, Air Force, Texas State, New Mexico, Colorado State, Syracuse, Houston, Louisiana, Washington State, Mississippi, SMU, Grambling, Illinois State, Louisiana Monroe, Bowling Green, UT San Antonio, etc.

Most of his offers were received last spring. He has his Texas State offer pinned.

Given his length, you could say he looks a little like Obi Melifonwu.

Stacy Brown on Hudl

Reaction Score

Nick Pendley is a 6-5 300lb OL from Creekview High School in Canton Georgia. Other offers from Air Force, Austin Peay, Colorado State, Georgia State, Mercer, SE Missouri State and USF.

Highlights

Par for the course lately:

Recruit Georgia @RecruitGeorgia 5 hours ago
In just a 48 hour period of time, Nick Pendley went from zero P5 offers to three! USC was first, then UNC and Miss State followed up the next night. Big 6'5" OL from Creekview has put together a strong SR campaign. #RecruitGeorgia Profile

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well we haven't offered this kid, but I'll drop this here anyway: Good game for scouts, you got Winston Jules, Rashul Raison at Salisbury and Charles Johnson at Brunswick. Score 30-29 Brunswick. Next weekend Wick (6-0) plays Avon (4-1).

Reaction Score
3-star DT Malachi Burby recaps Rutgers official visit: 'Rutgers is my No. 1 school'

Strange recruitment - been up to UConn a few times, offered by UConn, committed to Wake, decommitted from Wake, lists Rutgers as #1 but will still visit schools where he doesn’t have committable offers.
Sounds strange for all other schools not names #UConn.. Clearly, he's not interested in us... Time to move on IMO.. in fact, take him off your list... put a new color code up for kids we pretty much know we aren't gonna get.. He (along with Cornelius Johnson) sounds like there's a no interest to play his college football in Storrs CT...make them orange or something. That way we know to pay zero attention to on the list...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sounds strange for all other schools not names #UConn.. Clearly, he's not interested in us... Time to move on IMO.. in fact, take him off your list... put a new color code up for kids we pretty much know we aren't gonna get.. He (along with Cornelius Johnson) sounds like there's a no interest to play his college football in Storrs CT...make them orange or something. That way we know to pay zero attention to on the list...
But you can understand the Cornelius situation. He’s a national level talent at a national level prep school.

I don’t think Burby fits what Edsal wants in DL that’s either length or speed.

Reaction Score
But you can understand the Cornelius situation. He’s a national level talent at a national level prep school.

I don’t think Burby fits what Edsal wants in DL that’s either length or speed.

You may recall we had this exchange recently when I posted (incorrectly) the STM article on the Football page instead of here. To repeat, if some CT kids are "helping downtrodden STM rebuild" why aren't they interested in doing the same at UConn? So many kids going to Michigan and Penn State the last few years that could help turn UConn around. We have Byron Jones and others in the league to show how well they can do here, so is it the coaches aren't making the right pitch?

Scrutiner said:
Interesting that Rudolf and Red want to go to STM to build up the school and enhance state's image relative to high school football. Why then don't they go all the way and commit to UConn to do the same?

St. Thomas More Football Embracing The Underdog Mentality

Wow, that reads like Rudolph should be at UConn rather than fancy pants Penn St. I heard we were really in the running for Rudolph at one point. The opportunity to be an instate hero is still here if he wants the challenge.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You may recall we had this exchange recently when I posted (incorrectly) the STM article on the Football page instead of here. To repeat, if some CT kids are "helping downtrodden STM rebuild" why aren't they interested in doing the same at UConn? So many kids going to Michigan and Penn State the last few years that could help turn UConn around. We have Byron Jones and others in the league to show how well they can do here, so is it the coaches aren't making the right pitch?

Scrutiner said:
Interesting that Rudolf and Red want to go to STM to build up the school and enhance state's image relative to high school football. Why then don't they go all the way and commit to UConn to do the same?

St. Thomas More Football Embracing The Underdog Mentality

Wow, that reads like Rudolph should be at UConn rather than fancy pants Penn St. I heard we were really in the running for Rudolph at one point. The opportunity to be an instate hero is still here if he wants the challenge.

It boils down to time mgmt and being realistic. Johnson is not from Waterbury and not attending a relatively modest private school in the center of the state. I know nothing about Johnson's back story, but I had heard that Rudolph's family did like the idea of UConn at one point along the way and I do know from living down this way that Brunswick and all of their people (parents/admin/alumni) will be pushing and pulling Johnson to ND, Michigan or Stanford. We will need a very unique set of circumstances to get a star Brunswick baller to UConn (basically the parents would have to be alumni and already major program boosters). Much more likely for a unique set of circumstances to materialize from a private school kid mid state than Brunswick.

As for bigger picture, yes - we will need to start getting some of these top 20 instate kids to stay home. Never going to build a winner with 100% out of state kids. Also never going to build a winner with a roster of more than 50% instate kids either. Need a blend.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Forgot to mention this over the weekend; Kennedy Lewis decommitted from TCU. He recently visited Texas, seems like a lock to be headed there next. I have not watched his senior tape, but his junior tape did show tremendous talent for WR.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom