2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 50 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Mike Sainristil (DB) has decommitted from VTech. 247 Anticipates he is headed to Michigan.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I’m waiting till tomorrow to make any changes just in case...
Thats a wise move because about the same time this evening 3 star safety Connor Grieco (6'3'' - 189lb) from St. Josephs regional HS in Montvale NJ, decommitted from Rutty as well. Grieco committed to Rutty back in July. He has offers from Army, Navy, Air Force, Ohio (his dad's alma matter), Syracuse, Temple, Iowa State, WV, Buffalo, Cornell, Dartmouth and UMass. We have not offered yet, but Wholley and Eddie Allen follow him on twitter. Maybe Hanson will lose faith again with this news.

Interesting mid season tape for Grieco here - great instincts:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Mid season update for Zedane Williams, a 6'0'' LB from Springfield Mass doing a post grad year at Suffield. He has offers from Stony Brook, Monmouth, Fordham, Merrimack and Sacred Heart. Shows great closing ability when tackling (accelerates at the point of contact). Strong for is weight/size. If he was 2 inches taller and 15 lbs heavier he would have a lot more interest. He camped with us over the summer. Wholley, DDC and Mike Z follow him on twitter.
Good PWO candidate - perhaps.

Reaction Score
Mid season update for Zedane Williams, a 6'0'' LB from Springfield Mass doing a post grad year at Suffield. He has offers from Stony Brook, Monmouth, Fordham, Merrimack and Sacred Heart. Shows great closing ability when tackling (accelerates at the point of contact). Strong for is weight/size. If he was 2 inches taller and 15 lbs heavier he would have a lot more interest. He camped with us over the summer. Wholley, DDC and Mike Z follow him on twitter.
Good PWO candidate - perhaps.

There's been a lot of great college LB's at 6' or less so, if his speed is exceptional, could the strength coach add the bulk and strength he'd need to be a player for us? Just looked up Tyler Matakevich. He was a 2 star at 6'1" and 213 pounds when he went to Temple. I'm always hoping we'll find a few Matakevich's every year.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Make some acrobatic catches, but doesn't seem to have the speed of Cameron Ross.

He is bigger than Ross though and seems to have some moves. Of course the competition is weaker than D.C and surrounding areas

Reaction Score
Let’s just be happy with who we get the ct kids seems like we get greatness from this year. I’m am happy with all the ct kids. Let’s hope he wants to keep the tradition

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Nick Pendley had the best tape of any OL offer I saw this year from the staff. So I guess its no surprise then that bigger offers soon followed. As already reported by Medic, Pendley has a USC offer.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Interesting that 3 star DE/OLD Keith Winfrey decided to stay on Long Island with the Stony Brook offer when he reportedly had offers from BC and Temple along with Maine and UNH. Wholley, Mike Z and David Harris follow on twitter.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Same thing as us wishing 3-5* athletes from Connecticut would stay home and go to UConn. Then we complain that they don't. I give the kid all the credit for wanting to play for the home team. Even though it wasn't his "best offer".

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Also surprised about this one. Connor Holmes is projected to be a Buss like slot receiver at the next level. He has been giving UConn football some likes on twitter the past month. Thought he might wait longer for a Edsall and Co. Seemed like the kind of kid that kids the late offer or a PWO.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Also surprised about this one. Connor Holmes is projected to be a Buss like slot receiver at the next level. He has been giving UConn football some likes on twitter the past month. Thought he might wait longer for a Edsall and Co. Seemed like the kind of kid that kids the late offer or a PWO.

I never doubt a kid who commits to a Service Academy. Most of those young men have much bigger/different aspirations than playing on Sundays.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I never doubt a kid who commits to a Service Academy. Most of those young men have much bigger/different aspirations than playing on Sundays.
Yes definitely - however the service academies do get their share of kids that walk on their commitments. I'm not sure if its more or less, but it happens. Some have a change of heart for a plethora of reasons before signing day.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
James Aktins graduates this year - leaving us with just Ryan Fines and Kevin Murphy for upperclassman that get regular snaps (guess you could include Garson too) on the Dline. Therefore, sure seems like we could use some mature bodies to help our our youngsters. Niadre Zouzoua is DE JUCO at Monroe CC (Rochester NY) measuring in at 6'5'' and 241lbs with a 7'1'' wing span that already has offers from Nebraska, Tennessee, Rutgers, Baylor and Temple. It looks like he plays with some speed as well, perhaps sub 4.7.

Mike Z and David Harris just started following him very recently....but we are already way behind recruiting this kid should we decide too.

#95 Niadre Zouzoua (@95Niadre) | Twitter

Niadre Zouzoua, Monroe C.C., Weak-Side Defensive End

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
James Aktins graduates this year - leaving us with just Ryan Fines and Kevin Murphy for upperclassman that get regular snaps (guess you could include Garson too) on the Dline. Therefore, sure seems like we could use some mature bodies to help our our youngsters. Niadre Zouzoua is DE JUCO at Monroe CC (Rochester NY) measuring in at 6'5'' and 241lbs with a 7'1'' wing span that already has offers from Nebraska, Tennessee, Rutgers, Baylor and Temple. It looks like he plays with some speed as well, perhaps sub 4.7.

Mike Z and David Harris just started following him very recently....but we are already way behind recruiting this kid should we decide too.

#95 Niadre Zouzoua (@95Niadre) | Twitter

Niadre Zouzoua, Monroe C.C., Weak-Side Defensive End

Meet The Quintet Of Freshman D-Linemen That Could Anchor UConn Football's Future (Putterman)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
JMick, I haven’t seen anything this year that suggests the quintet will be ready next year either. I think we wont see effective line play from this group until 2020. I’m not saying they don’t have above avg ceilings in the long run, but where they are right now it will take more than one offseason to bring them around to effective play. I want us to get at least one JUCO DL to help bridge what is bound to be another season of growing in 2019.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
JMick, I haven’t seen anything this year that suggests the quintet will be ready next year either. I think we wont see effective line play from this group until 2020. I’m not saying they don’t have above avg ceilings in the long run, but where they are right now it will take more than one offseason to bring them around to effective play. I want us to get at least one JUCO DL to help bridge what is bound to be another season of growing in 2019.
Gimme either 2 JUCO DLs or another Grad Transfer and JUCO... We just don't have enough right now up front to compete til the end of games.. So far, this includes what we'll have in '19..

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Burby committed to Rutty this morning.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members