2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 125 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Whatever happened to us recruiting Zia Cooke anyone know??
Zia Cooke has dropped UCONN form her list of schools stating: UCONN was not an option for her because they were "full".

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Lately I've decided we need to have a multiverse, so a player can go to various different colleges in alternate dimensions or realities, and then we can really see the difference in development of a player based on coaching.

Since that probably isn't a possibility, I'm pretty sure if Bonnie or Karlie S. had gone to UConn, they would not have been as good as Katie Lou. It wasn't just because they didn't play for Geno. Conversely if KLS had gone to Stanford she still would've ended up the best of the 3. But again, if only we had a dang multiverse to play with, then we could know some of these things for sure.

With the magic of editing, you could make a movie: "Parallel Lives: The Samuelsson Sisters," directed by Christopher Nolan (he's got the imagination for it). And all three played by a more athletic version of Saoirse Ronan. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
<<In CW's picture for this it appears as though she has a long tattoo down the inside of her left forearm. That's gonna take a big band-aid.>>

A half sleeve would probably be more comfortable and less distracting.....unless the tat in question is a temp (can't remember the term for them).
While we will likely never know answer, wonder if this policy ever affects a recruit's decision?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UCONN TRIO TAKEN 4th, 6th & 10th IN WNBA FIRST ROUND
13251389.jpeg

Talking about a picture (and program) that speaks for itself.............if potential UConn recruits can't look at this picture and do the math (3 for 3), they're probably not UConn material. :rolleyes:

Note - The last 5 UConn graduates ALL got drafted into the league including Saniya Chong and Natalie Butler. That's 5 out of 5!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Haley Jones and Cameron Brink will both play on the same AAU team, the Cal Stars, this summer. Highly regarded Brook Demetre also on that squad as well as Angel Jackson and Stanford recruit Hannah Jump.
Lots of talent!

Anyone know how well Hannah Jump can elevate? ;)

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Haley Jones and Cameron Brink will both play on the same AAU team, the Cal Stars, this summer. Highly regarded Brook Demetre also on that squad as well as Angel Jackson and Stanford recruit Hannah Jump.

I know the main reason/interest in this post belong to Ms. Jones and Ms. Brink. But I also focused on another player.

A few weeks back Coco and I were going back and forth about Hannah Jump possibly playing for England. I just found this article that confirms her playing for England because she is, well...an English citizen. Her dad is English and played basketball in college there and she was born in England. Good article:
SportStars Magazine » Jump's Big Leap Propels Pinewood Hoops

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Lots of talent!

Anyone know how well Hannah Jump can elevate? ;)

She, interestingly enough, is known more for her jump shooting at this point (see my other post for a link to an article). :D

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
DZpvwF4U8AA0q3M.jpg:large

Reaction Score
UConn coaches should be on Demetre like white on rice. Ridiculous talent, footwork, and body control at 6-2 for a rising sophomore.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She averaged 15.4 points, 5.3 rebounds, and 2.6 assists while shooting 52% as a freshmen.
I believe that a certain Mater Dei grad was back at her alma mater as a WNBA intern this season. You know, #23 with the perfect ball rotation and the big smile. She also helped recruit Stewie.

Reaction Score
Brunelle will verbal to Uconn on Sunday. The future is CD, Ono, MW, CW and SB. New history. Same traditions.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Brunelle will verbal to Uconn on Sunday. The future is CD, Ono, MW, CW and SB. New history. Same traditions.
Inside information or gut feeling?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Either you haven’t read closely or you are very skeptical. Sam will commit to ND tomorrow. It’s been discussed at length.

Reaction Score
I know the main reason/interest in this post belong to Ms. Jones and Ms. Brink. But I also focused on another player.

A few weeks back Coco and I were going back and forth about Hannah Jump possibly playing for England. I just found this article that confirms her playing for England because she is, well...an English citizen. Her dad is English and played basketball in college there and she was born in England. Good article:
SportStars Magazine » Jump's Big Leap Propels Pinewood Hoops

Dillon..........if ND gets Brunelle and you already have Peoples, how many more '19 players does ND have room for?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom