2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 103 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/9

Haley Jones: 25 points, 13 rebounds, 4 blocks, 4 steals

Archbishop Mitty moves on to the semis of the Open Division.

Sue Phillips has Jones with 25 points, 20 rebounds, and 5 blocks.

Either way, another big performance.

And Muffet McGraw was on hand.

I was told by an informed poster that UConn and Notre Dame were both represented at Paige Bueckers' game Thursday too.

Reaction Score

I was told by an informed poster that UConn and Notre Dame were both represented at Paige Bueckers' game Thursday too.

no,no,no....................Dillon and I have an agreement that ND gets Caitlin Clark and UConn gets PB.................obviously MM has been left out of the loop

Reaction Score

not sure how many times UConn has been to see PB but clearly she is held in incredibly high regard and rightly so

Reaction Score
I find it interesting that I can't remember hearing of UConn having interest in combo guard Kateri Poole the number 12 rated player in the 2020 class who's a NY kid...........nice to have a fall back if things don't work out with PB or Van Lith...........

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
no,no,no.....Dillon and I have an agreement that ND gets Caitlin Clark and UConn gets PB.......obviously MM has been left out of the loop

Yeah, geesh...you and I had that figured out! :cool: :rolleyes:

I guess it's hard not to be enthralled by a guard (PB) who would remind people of a certain age group (like MM, Geno and me to name three such types) of Pistol Pete Maravich. Her creativity off the dribble and practiced nonchalance is a joy to behold. And Paige can hoist it, too.

There also seems to be interest with Ms. Clark, as well as Alli Campbell of Pa., who apparently has grown up to 6' ft. tall. Will be interesting to see how her impending stint with the Philly Belles goes.

As for Jones, boy....take a check at the door to get in line for games and/or house visits.

Would be wise to have back-up plans...luckily the class of 2019 has them for wings/small forwards (Jones, Beal, Miller, etc.) and 2020 with point guards (Buekers, Clark, Campbell, Van Lith).

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
no,no,no.....Dillon and I have an agreement that ND gets Caitlin Clark and UConn gets PB.......obviously MM has been left out of the loop
Would be wise to have back-up plans...luckily the class of 2019 has them for wings/small forwards (Jones, Beal, Miller, etc.) and 2020 with point guards (Buekers, Clark, Campbell, Van Lith).
@Charliebball you are fired-not a tough enough negotiator. If you are going to give up Clark to ND then Paige and Azzi is the "minimum" we take in return.
Speaking of backups any idea if ND has any interest in Rikea Jackson and Kennedy Brown? For some reason both strike me as kids that would want to stay in the heartland. and are potential difference maker for some top program in 2019.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I like Buekers game more than Van Lith's. Van Lith sometimes, as the announcer said during her last game, has a tendency to dribble too much trying to set up a shot for herself while her teammates stand around watching. Van Lith needs to include her teammates more. She also dribbles between her legs while standing in the same spot. That is a showboat move that so many of the players today do. There is nothing wrong with dribbling between your legs if it helps a player get past her defender, imo. She reminded me of Kelsey Plum in her freshman and sophomore years. Buekers seems to include her teammates throughout the game. She is flashy, but there is nothing wrong with that. Comparing them is like comparing K. Mitchell to C. Dangerfield. I'd rather have Buekers. Just saying.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I like Buekers game more than Van Lith's. Van Lith sometimes, as the announcer said during her last game, has a tendency to dribble too much trying to set up a shot for herself while her teammates stand around watching. Van Lith needs to include her teammates more.

I think she averaged about 7 assists per game this year. The style her team plays--and the accompanying talent on it--is different than it is on Hopkins which is a terrific ball-sharing team overall.

Bueckers and Van Lith are different types of players, one reason I think they could play on the same team.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
@Charliebball you are fired-not a tough enough negotiator. If you are going to give up Clark to ND then Paige and Azzi is the "minimum" we take in return.
Speaking of backups any idea if ND has any interest in Rikea Jackson and Kennedy Brown? For some reason both strike me as kids that would want to stay in the heartland. and are potential difference maker for some top program in 2019.

Nice red herring there, Coco: last I checked Geno, Chris et al have not expressed interest in Ms. Clark so you're trying to get something for nothing;)

As for Rikea Jackson, I thought the Irish braintrust might've checked her out as well, but the wing interest seems to be in (guessing order is mine) Jones, with Breanna Beal and Diamond Miller meriting visits to and visits from, respectively.

As for Kennedy Brown, outside of the CNN special on the Kennedy Clan starting this Sunday evening, that's the first time I've heard the Irish and Kennedy (Brown) mentioned together. She looks like she's having a really fine year and seems to be steadily climbing in the kinds of reviews I read.

As for the Irish posts: on one hand, we'll be losing the Brianna Turner/Jessica Shepard tag team in spring of 2019; but on the other, we've got Mik Vaughn and Danielle Cosgrove for four years starting in the fall, along with Danielle Patterson, who will only get more comfortable in MM's offensive and defensive schemes. Outside of Ms. Brunelle, the only other post/forward I've heard about related to ND in the class of 2019 is Sydnee Roby, a 6'3" post from Milwaukee. Of course, post coach Carole Owens could be in Kansas or Worcester, Mass. as I type :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here's the write-up on that win over Trenton Catholic, a team that relies on a frenetic press and pace. Of course, Leilani and her teammates are not exactly running in second gear.

Girls Basketball: Leilani Correa wills No. 6 Rutgers Prep to 3rd straight sectional title

But Saddle River Day, as Charlie can attest, has a number of transfers who have strengthened and deepened this squad, including Sydney Watkins, who played at Queen of Peace (with Raven Farley-Clark, now at LSU), and committed to play for Manhattan.

So, even though I think Rutgers Prep will eventually wear down Saddle River, I think this should be a better game. At least, they can just solely focus on Sidor, who -- as I've posted before -- reminds me of a more physical Katelynn Flaherty of Michigan. I love her ability to pull up for a jump off a fast, hard dribble. Plus, she runs off screens well to get her jumper off and has a super head fake for back-door cuts. Well-schooled.

Looking forward to that game on Saturday.................if the "good" SRD shows up it could be interesting, they've been kind of hit or miss lately.....................my kid's team will be there on Sunday in the state finals against Ewing........................if we beat Ewing which is going to be difficult, it's into the TOC where we will face the really big guns again.....................BTW Ewing is the team that beat Ocean City which in turn is the team that beat Kylee Watson's undefeated Mainland team....................hope to be there early to see Miss Mabrey's Manasquan team against Newark Tech and Mariah Perez................I expect Manasquan to win but ya never know..............

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Nice red herring there, Coco: last I checked Geno, Chris et al have not expressed interest in Ms. Clark so you're trying to get something for nothing;)

As for Rikea Jackson, I thought the Irish braintrust might've checked her out as well, but the wing interest seems to be in (guessing order is mine) Jones, with Breanna Beal and Diamond Miller meriting visits to and visits from, respectively.

As for Kennedy Brown, outside of the CNN special on the Kennedy Clan starting this Sunday evening, that's the first time I've heard the Irish and Kennedy (Brown) mentioned together.

On one hand, we'll be losing the Brianna Turner/Jessica Shepard tag team in spring of 2019, but on the other hand, we've got Mik Vaughn and Danielle Cosgrove for four years starting in the fall, along with Danielle Patterson, who will only get more comfortable. Outside of Ms. Brunelle, the only other post/forward I've heard about in the class of 2019 is Sydnee Roby, a 6'3" post from Milwaukee.
Lol! Uhm...getting something for nothing is the essence of negotiation and precisely the reason why @Charliebball is being fired.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think she averaged about 7 assists per game this year. The style her team plays--and the accompanying talent on it--is different than it is on Hopkins which is a terrific ball-sharing team overall.

Bueckers and Van Lith are different types of players, one reason I think they could play on the same team.
That makes sense to me. Which one would be better suited for point guard if they played on the same team?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
That makes sense to me. Which one would be better suited for point guard if they played on the same team?

That's a very good question and I'm not sure what the answer is. Either could bring the ball up and initiate offense. I know Bueckers is terrific with or without the ball. Van Lith definitely seems more suited to having the ball at this juncture so I might lean Bueckers, but Van Lith's just a sophomore. Might almost be a co-PG situation.

Reaction Score
That's a very good question and I'm not sure what the answer is. Either could bring the ball up and initiate offense. I know Bueckers is terrific with or without the ball. Van Lith definitely seems more suited to having the ball at this juncture so I might lean Bueckers, but Van Lith's just a sophomore. Might almost be a co-PG situation.

not sure it would even matter if they shared the back court..............everybody has to handle the ball and pass well in Geno's offense so they both meet the smell test

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
not sure it would even matter if they shared the back court....everybody has to handle the ball and pass well in Geno's offense so they both meet the smell test

Right. I have no doubt Bueckers would fit like a glove. I think Van Lith could too but I'd definitely like to see more of her.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
this Canadian player is getting more visitors this week then the Pope

How many home visits are recruits allowed to have? I remember hearing a finite number.. just can’t remember the amount.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom