2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 105 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Did I miss something? Is UConn interested in Kennedy Brown? Or did you just inadvertently/kinda decide to drop her in this thread in the hope of.... :rolleyes: ;)

Pretty nice stroke on that outside jumper, I must say!

Reaction Score
Did I miss something? Is UConn interested in Kennedy Brown? Or did you just inadvertently/kinda decide to drop her in this thread in the hope of.... :rolleyes: ;)

another BYer mentioned her.........no idea if there's any interest but if you saw her interviewed she's got the kind of attitude that would be ideal for UConn............highly ranked but haven't seen enough to know if she is UConn material

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This was no mistake. Someone has got to generate UCONN interest in KB. Well done @Charliebball !

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
another BYer mentioned her....no idea if there's any interest but if you saw her interviewed she's got the kind of attitude that would be ideal for UConn..highly ranked but haven't seen enough to know if she is UConn material.

did-i-do-that.jpg

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
If UConn started recruiting her, how would Boston feel about that? Isn't she the primary post target?

Reaction Score

The point guard possesses a blend of talent and humility, which helped her become the first sophomore to receive the honor.

She’s pretty sure of herself, yet she realizes she wants to be the best possible player she can be and has a lot of work in front of her," Hopkins coach Brian Cosgriff said. "You’re not going to see her walking around, thumping her chest.

The phrase about wanting to be the best player she can be is mentioned more than once. It is probably the most common reason given by players who sign with UConn.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
<<Who is the "Her"? >>
Kennedy Brown.
If Boston is some how "shook" by UCONN going after Brown (BTW no indication this is happening) then she will be more shaken by UCONN signing ONO and pursing Ezi. IF THIS IS THE CASE, IMO it would be best if Boston looks elsewhere.

Reaction Score
If Boston is some how "shook" by UCONN going after Brown (BTW no indication this is happening) then she will be more shaken by UCONN signing ONO and pursing Ezi. IF THIS IS THE CASE, IMO it would be best if Boston looks elsewhere.
Boston appears to be the perfect Huskie. Hard working with multiple skill sets spanning from solid all around offense to tenacious defense/rebounding. Her name has been around for awhile so concerned that some are focusing on the newest "hot" name. Disappointing if we don't get Boston.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Boston appears to be the perfect Huskie. Hard working with multiple skill sets spanning from solid all around offense to tenacious defense/rebounding. Her name has been around for awhile so concerned that some are focusing on the newest "hot" name. Disappointing if we don't get Boston.
I would also be disappointed if Boston doesn't come to UCONN. But I don't think this is a case of focusing on the new hot name. Boston has been holding a UCONN offer for quite a while now. Until she commits to UCONN I think it fair for UCONN to continue to evaluate other recruits right up until letters of intent are signed. A year ago UCONN was out of the post market based on a verbal from Charli Collier and had to jump back in hard.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Geno attended Boston's last game of the year less than two weeks ago.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
A process question, Coco: Let's say UConn succeeds in signing Bueckers and Van Lith next year. Does that make it less likely that Fudd will want to come to Storrs the following season? Do UConn coaches consider this and, maybe, sign Bueckers or Van Lith, but not both, leaving a spot for Fudd or do they take what they can get when they can get it? I guess the broader question is, Does UConn recruit on a year-to-year basis or is there a longer range strategy involved in the players who receive offers?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A process question, Coco: Let's say UConn succeeds in signing Bueckers and Van Lith next year. Does that make it less likely that Fudd will want to come to Storrs the following season? Do UConn coaches consider this and, maybe, sign Bueckers or Van Lith, but not both, leaving a spot for Fudd or do they take what they can get when they can get it? I guess the broader question is, Does UConn recruit on a year-to-year basis or is there a longer range strategy involved in the players who receive offers?
Could Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi, and Maya Moore coexist on the same team? Geno has likened Paige to Diana and Azzi to Maya. The videos make it apparent why.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
A process question, Coco: Let's say UConn succeeds in signing Bueckers and Van Lith next year. Does that make it less likely that Fudd will want to come to Storrs the following season?

Bueckers and Van Lith are only Sophmores so you are really talking year after next (2020). If I'm Azzi Fudd and UCONN signs two guards one class before me, it would be foolish not to factor that into my decision. Factoring it in does not automatically make it less likely because Paige and Azzi are good friends and might want to play college ball together. @Sluconn Husky and I have exchanged message on this subject and have a slight difference of opinion on this. Slu things you take both Bueckers and Van Lith in 2020 if they both want to come and is hoping that Azzi will eventually grow to be able to play on the wing with Bueckers and Van Lith in the back court.

Do UConn coaches consider this and, maybe, sign Bueckers or Van Lith, but not both, leaving a spot for Fudd or do they take what they can get when they can get it?
No, I don’t think the UCONN staff would intentionally leave a spot open for any player regardless of how good they are. The UCONN staff recruits good players as they are available and let good old fashion competition sort things out.

I guess the broader question is, Does UConn recruit on a year-to-year basis or is there a longer range strategy involved in the players who receive offers?
Don’t think UCONN is much different than other schools in that recruiting is done on a year by year basis and long range is defined to be not more than 4 years out. Since 2013 year to year is getting much more emphasis because of the number of high impact transfers that has become the yearly reality in WCBB. If the new transfer rules take effect long range planning will essentially be dead.

Reaction Score
Could Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi, and Maya Moore coexist on the same team? Geno has likened Paige to Diana and Azzi to Maya. The videos make it apparent why.
I hadn't heard those comments before but thanks for posting them. What else is there to say then about these young stars. Wow!
Bronx23

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom