2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 107 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Texas follows up their appearance at Haley Jones' playoff game with an in-home visit:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I hope that Haley’s neighbors know she’s a basketball star. They may wonder about all the strangers stopping by her house day after day. She gets more visitors than the President!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
That is some darn good timing.

I believe this is the 3rd time at least that UConn has either watched Jones play and/or visited with her, and double-teaming her with both Geno & CD gives you that “we’re all in” feeling.

Not sure what that means relative to Brunelle, but I sense it will be an either or for UConn and not both.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Maybe a good scrimmage should be used to decide between recruits. ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I believe this is the 3rd time at least that UConn has either watched Jones play and/or visited with her, and double-teaming her with both Geno & CD gives you that “we’re all in” feeling. Not sure what that means relative to Brunelle, but I sense it will be an either or for UConn and not both.
Both works for me and it will also work for UCONN the same way Napheesa and KLS worked. Samantha can play the 3/4 and Haley can play 2/3.
From a roster stand point it also works because both player have a clear path to be in the starting line up at UCONN by their Sophomore year (2020-21 season) where UCONN could feature a starting lineup of All final or former #1 players in the class.

upload_2018-3-15_8-8-38.png

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Both works for me and it will also work for UCONN the same way Napheesa and KLS worked. Samantha can play the 3/4 and Haley can play 2/3.
From a roster stand point it also works because both player have a clear path to be in the starting line up at UCONN by their Sophomore year (2020-21 season) where UCONN could feature a starting lineup of All final or former #1 players in the class.

View attachment 29428
That lineup starts only if Ezi goes to UCLA, not to mention Boston or Amihere.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That lineup starts only if Ezi goes to UCLA, not to mention Boston or Amihere.
That line up also works if Ezi is playing in the WNBA. If Boston or Amihere come to UCONN who would they be displacing from this starting lineup?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That is some darn good timing.

Is whether Haley removes her glasses or not for a photograph an indicator of her interest?

Haley looks shorter than I thought, maybe 6’0”. But I still want her very much.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Any significance to Haley's mismatched footwear in the Texas Photo that is not in the UConn photo? :confused:

Is whether Haley removes her glasses or not for a photograph an indicator of her interest?
Nah. There is however great significance to her hosting Geno and CD in the hallway vs having Texas in front of the fireplace. There is also greater significance in the fact that CD is still clutching her pocketbook. This is a clear signal that CD is ready to leave and that Haley will follow her back to UCONN. This one is a wrap! You don't even need @Carnac to call this one.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
That line up also works if Ezi is playing in the WNBA. If Boston or Amihere come to UCONN who would they be displacing from this starting lineup?
I’m not sure how Ezi would be in the WNBA given the league’s restrictions on minimum age, years in college, etc.

With that said, I like the idea of starting 2 athletic BIGs to own the paint at both ends of the court. For the sake of simplicity, let’s just assume that it’s ONO & Ezi. My starting lineup would likely be: ONO, Ezi, MW, Jones & CW.

But even that lineup gives me some concerns. CW strikes me as a prototypical 2 guard, and Jones more of a wing. With all that size on the court, it sure would be nice to have a true pg to run the offense. That might be Mikayla, unless Ms Bueckers is so incredibly advanced when she arrives in Storrs that she can step in and play pg as a freshman, which is highly unlikely.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nah. There is however great significance to her hosting Geno and CD in the hallway vs having Texas in front of the fireplace. There is also greater significance in the fact that CD is still clutching her pocketbook. This is a clear signal that CD is ready to leave and that Haley will follow her back to UCONN. This one is a wrap! You don't even need @Carnac to call this one.

I do believe this is the photo of Geno and CD arriving. Haley was so excited at their arrival that she jumped up to greet them and told her mom " I can't believe my favorite coaches are here. Quick! Take a picture!"

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I am too lazy to read through this thread. Is UConn recruiting Ohio junior Jordan Horston? I live in Ohio and am watching her play. Legit 6'1 and long and athletic. Not a great shooter at least in this game.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I am too lazy to read through this thread. Is UConn recruiting Ohio junior Jordan Horston? I live in Ohio and am watching her play. Legit 6'1 and long and athletic. Not a great shooter at least in this game.
Yes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom