2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 109 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
It is interesting.....Clearly, you are mistaken as to what you're talking about as far as the phone contact.....Because I do know the situation (I have my sources).first of all, all of the other teams on Samantha's list (and yes, they all have offers on the table, it's public information), have either been to her house or are scheduled to come (except UConn).....there has been NO PHONE CONTACT WHATSOEVER from any of the UConn staff since her last visit around New Year's Eve so where are you getting your information?....furthermore and most importantly, Samantha had a phone conversation with one of the coaches today and in a nutshell, they stated that they have to go back to Geno to find out if Samantha still has an offer on the table....but to answer your question about a home visit being necessary to sign....my answer would be yes...because any coach who doesn't find it necessary to have a home visit with a recruit they have offered, most definitely doesn't have an offer on the table....think about it

I'm a little confused by the bolded phrase. Are you saying that a coach of another program has to ask UConn if UConn still has an offer for Brunelle on the table? Or did Samantha say that she doesn't know if she still has an offer? If that is the case then you got it third hand from someone with an interest in her not going to UConn and therefor anything they say, while perhaps true, must be questioned. I admit to little knowledge of the process but I would think that if UConn made an offer and hasn't withdrawn it then she still has an offer from them. It is also possible that other programs are whispering into her ear that UConn doesn't want her any more in an attempt to drive a wedge between her and UConn.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Alydar.....no...I am not saying that a coach of another program has to ask UConn if UConn still has an offer for Brunelle.....The bolded phrase is that a UConn coach (not some other coach) has to go back to Geno to see if there's still an offer still on the table....So you tell me, one of Geno's top assistants tells Samantha that they have to go back to Geno (after a lengthy back paddling conversation) to see if there's still an offer for her? You don't find that peculiar?
Are you saying that the “back paddling” was solely on UConn’s side? Did Samantha or her family show any signs of waning interest on their side?

It occurs to me that if UConn truly has diminished interest, a possible causal factor might be her obvious ennui (evident in facial expressions) at the last UConn game that she attended in person. As Samantha surely knows, body language is observed by the UConn coaching staff, and much attention is paid to it.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hopkins falls in the state title game again, 68-63. Bueckers had 37.

Bueckers was 14-23 from the field, 3-4 from three. She had just 2 assists though as the strategy of their opponent was to take out Suggs and the 8th grader.

Reaction Score
Alydar.....no...I am not saying that a coach of another program has to ask UConn if UConn still has an offer for Brunelle.....The bolded phrase is that a UConn coach (not some other coach) has to go back to Geno to see if there's still an offer still on the table....So you tell me, one of Geno's top assistants tells Samantha that they have to go back to Geno (after a lengthy back paddling conversation) to see if there's still an offer for her? You don't find that peculiar?

OK. But it seems odd that Brunelle is saying this to a coach of another program. I'm sure you trust your source but the information is still 3rd hand, Brunelle to your source to you. I find it impossible to believe if an offer has been made that one of UConn's assistants doesn't know it was made nor whether an offer stands unless Brunelle herself had cut off contact. In the past recruits have stated that one reason they picked UConn was because they made their pitch and then didn't hound the recruits or their family with endless calls, etc.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/17

In a stunner, Archbishop Mitty is denied going to the state tourney after suffering their first loss in triple overtime Saturday.

Haley Jones fouled out in OT and finished with 17 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, and 3 steals.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Notably, Sam Brunelle is competing in the upcoming @usab3x3 U18 Nat’l Championship for team Stars&Stripes alongside Paige Bueckers, Aliyah Boston, and Hailey Van Lith. Azzi Fudd also participating for BE30 on a foursome that includes Kylee Watson.

USA Basketball Women's 3x3 U18 National Championship

Thanks for the link. That is some team. Leilani Correa also playing.

Reaction Score
OK. But it seems odd that Brunelle is saying this to a coach of another program. I'm sure you trust your source but the information is still 3rd hand, Brunelle to your source to you. I find it impossible to believe if an offer has been made that one of UConn's assistants doesn't know it was made nor whether an offer stands unless Brunelle herself had cut off contact. In the past recruits have stated that one reason they picked UConn was because they made their pitch and then didn't hound the recruits or their family with endless calls, etc.

Very disconcerting discussion regarding the recruiting prospects of Samantha Brunelle. It runs counter to everything that has been posted in the past. My impression is that she embodied everything Geno would want from an outstanding high school player; drive and leadership possibly being the two most important. Probably what concerns me the most is her alleged demeanor/ennui (obvious facial expression) during her January visit. Is there really anything to that?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Very disconcerting discussion regarding the recruiting prospects of Samantha Brunelle. It runs counter to everything that has been posted in the past.
Consider the source(s) of the latest hand grenade and also remember we had a similar "inside" source saying Megan was a "lock" to go to ND. My sources Ray Ray and Pookie and Em said they #NOTBUYINGIT#.

Reaction Score

Brunelle is not saying this to a coach of another program....

Reaction Score
Very disconcerting discussion regarding the recruiting prospects of Samantha Brunelle. It runs counter to everything that has been posted in the past. My impression is that she embodied everything Geno would want from an outstanding high school player; drive and leadership possibly being the two most important. Probably what concerns me the most is her alleged demeanor/ennui (obvious facial expression) during her January visit. Is there really anything to that?

I don't know. Hadn't heard anything about this alleged ennui. Find it hard to believe she was just sitting there with a sour puss on her face or that she seemed disinterested. Was she just not jumping up and down for joy every time UConn scored or made a great play? When Samantha is playing, she is the biggest cheerleader and supporter of her teammates and that, more than showing this apparent disinterest watching a game, should be what the focus is on imho.

Reaction Score
I don't know. Hadn't heard anything about this alleged ennui. Find it hard to believe she was just sitting there with a sour puss on her face or that she seemed disinterested. Was she just not jumping up and down for joy every time UConn scored or made a great play? When Samantha is playing, she is the biggest cheerleader and supporter of her teammates and that, more than showing this apparent disinterest watching a game, should be what the focus is on imho.

Everything I've seen and read suggests Sam Brunelle is a great teammate and leader very much in the "one for all, all for one" mold who commands respect through on/off-court example and goodwill towards others. Wherever she commits, she will make an immediate, positive impact. She seems to relish the challenge, and opportunity, to push herself to the max and is willing to do the work. Rare blend (like Fudd) with an ego to compete at an elite level, yet the humility to play in the team construct and take coaching.

Others are able to compare/contrast her skill set on the court relative to others in her class, but in terms of temperament, character, and coachability she is a five-star prospect.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Are you saying that the “back paddling” was solely on UConn’s side? Did Samantha or her family show any signs of waning interest on their side?

It occurs to me that if UConn truly has diminished interest, a possible causal factor might be her obvious ennui (evident in facial expressions) at the last UConn game that she attended in person. As Samantha surely knows, body language is observed by the UConn coaching staff, and much attention is paid to it.
I suspect based on past performance, Geno/CD have specific roles they want to fill in each recruiting class. They don't want to get caught as UConn has a few years with lack of commitment (EDD, Collier, etc.). Never heard this confirmed, but appears if they get confirmation that the player will be hard to recruit that at some point they refocus on players that also fit needs that want UConn. If true, seems reasonable and could be case here.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/18

Ossining got crushed in their state title game Saturday but Aubrey Griffin had 34 points and 10 rebounds in the loss.

Reaction Score
Consider the source(s) of the latest hand grenade and also remember we had a similar "inside" source saying Megan was a "lock" to go to ND. My sources Ray Ray and Pookie and Em said they #NOTBUYINGIT#.

Thanks for the reassurance. Is there some deliberate monkey business afoot?

Reaction Score
Thanks for the reassurance. Is there some deliberate monkey business afoot?

When Brunelle next pares down her list you'll know more about where UConn stands.............I have no reason to believe that there is a change in interest by either party at this time but anyone who thinks that UConn is her automatic choice may end up disappointed

Reaction Score
Everything I've seen and read suggests Sam Brunelle is a great teammate and leader very much in the "one for all, all for one" mold who commands respect through on/off-court example and goodwill towards others. Wherever she commits, she will make an immediate, positive impact. She seems to relish the challenge, and opportunity, to push herself to the max and is willing to do the work. Rare blend (like Fudd) with an ego to compete at an elite level, yet the humility to play in the team construct and take coaching.

Others are able to compare/contrast her skill set on the court relative to others in her class, but in terms of temperament, character, and coachability this is five-star prospect.

Agree exactly. That is why she is UCONN material. Can't understand the basis for the naysaying posts.

Reaction Score
When Brunelle next pares down her list you'll know more about where UConn stands...I have no reason to believe that there is a change in interest by either party at this time but anyone who thinks that UConn is her automatic choice may end up disappointed

Uh Oooh!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom