2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 108 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
I’m not sure how Ezi would be in the WNBA given the league’s restrictions on minimum age, years in college, etc.

But even that lineup gives me some concerns. CW strikes me as a prototypical 2 guard, and Jones more of a wing. With all that size on the court, it sure would be nice to have a true pg to run the offense. That might be Mikayla, unless Ms Bueckers is so incredibly advanced when she arrives in Storrs that she can step in and play pg as a freshman, which is highly unlikely.

By the time she's a freshman I'd put my money on Bueckers starting at the PG by the middle of the season for whoever she plays for.......she's get good minutes right now on most teams........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I am too lazy to read through this thread. Is UConn recruiting Ohio junior Jordan Horston? I live in Ohio and am watching her play. Legit 6'1 and long and athletic. Not a great shooter at least in this game.

Horston scored 18 points and advanced to the state title game.

Reaction Score
Bueckers' Hopkins team advanced to the championship game with a 61-34 win over Roseville Area. Bueckers had 21 pts on 8-12 (2-3), 3rb, 3as, 5st . Finals is Saturday night.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Bueckers' Hopkins team advanced to the championship game with a 61-34 win over Roseville Area. Bueckers had 21 pts on 8-12 (2-3), 3rb, 3as, 5st . Finals is Saturday night.

Bueckers also limped off the court at one point but returned just a couple minutes later.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/16

Jordan Horston had 18 points (9-15 fg), 6 rebounds, and 3 assists for Africentric Thursday. She'll play for a state title Saturday.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'm the little birdie that has the inside track on Samantha Brunelle....any and all speculation as to her being apart of UConn is over (woe is me) unless something changes real quick.....no one on the UConn staff (i.e. Geno or his coaches) have contacted her since her family made a second unofficial visit this past New Years Eve. It is obvious that she is no longer considered a prospect for this team unless someone else has some inside information that I don't have.....she's planning on making her decision after the March home visits are over....
That may be so. I think UConn is now more focused on Haley Jones, who appears to have a greater upside, and like Brunelle, would primarily play as a wing.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm the little birdie that has the inside track on Samantha Brunelle....any and all speculation as to her being apart of UConn is over (woe is me) unless something changes real quick.....no one on the UConn staff (i.e. Geno or his coaches) have contacted her since her family made a second unofficial visit this past New Years Eve. It is obvious that she is no longer considered a prospect for this team unless someone else has some inside information that I don't have.....she's planning on making her decision after the March home visits are over....
Why you got go there!
side eye.jpg

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I believe this is the 3rd time at least that UConn has either watched Jones play and/or visited with her, and double-teaming her with both Geno & CD gives you that “we’re all in” feeling.

Not sure what that means relative to Brunelle, but I sense it will be an either or for UConn and not both.

Old Dude, there's a lot of that going on with Ms. Jones.
ND has seen/visited her three times as well, and MM & Niele Ivey (ND's chief recruiter) were both present for the last visit.

Got to give credit to Ms. Jones, who seemingly writes the same things on all tweets (wonder if Coach Phillips has advised on that).

You-- and some others -- bring up an interesting points about Sam Brunelle. It's been quiet on the ND-Bruni front, as far as McGraw's Bench can tell, as well, for a bit. That still does not mean-- same for UConn -- that any interaction is on the "hush-hush." After all, she does have a set list of finalists, so no need to trumpet this process.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
UConn loosening up on a #1 ranked recruit? Current or formerly ranked... I just don’t see it.

Brunelle is likely one of the 3 or so players that Geno offered for this class. Even if Jones is who he really wants, I don’t see him easing up on her just to allow her to go to Notre Dame. Could be wrong though. Perhaps the coaches of all of Brunelle’s finalists were given a word of her choice.

FWIW, the only home visit I heard about for Brunelle has been NC State. It’s possible none besides that one have been scheduled for personal reasons.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Old Dude, there's a lot of that going on with Ms. Jones.
ND has seen/visited her three times as well, and MM & Niele Ivey (ND's chief recruiter) were both present for the last visit.
Got to give credit to Ms. Jones, who seemingly writes the same things on all tweets (wonder if Coach Phillips has advised on that).
You-- and some others -- bring up an interesting points about Sam Brunelle. It's been quiet on the ND-Bruni front, as far as McGraw's Bench can tell, as well, for a bit. That still does not mean-- same for UConn -- that any interaction is on the "hush-hush." After all, she does have a set list of finalists, so no need to trumpet this process.

UConn loosening up on a #1 ranked recruit? Current or formerly ranked... I just don’t see it.
Brunelle is likely one of the 3 or so players that Geno offered for this class. Even if Jones is who he really wants, I don’t see him easing up on her just to allow her to go to Notre Dame. Could be wrong though. Perhaps the coaches of all of Brunelle’s finalists were given a word of her choice.
FWIW, the only home visit I heard about for Brunelle has been NC State. It’s possible none besides that one have been scheduled for personal reasons.
This was/is exactly how I'm reading the tea leaves: Samantha and her family probably requested a quiet period (from all her down selected school) to get some time to think at the beginning of this calendar year. Not that unusual, EDD did the same thing back in the day. I don't have any inside knowledge but what was most noteworthy to me is that none of the schools were attending her games when Samantha was going through her State playoffs.
SC, Texas, ND, UCONN, Stanford....All had home visits with Haley Jones, I guessing that if the door to Samantha's house was open those same schools would have found a way to get in the door.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This was/is exactly how I'm reading the tea leaves: Samantha and her family probably requested a quiet period (from all her down selected school) to get some time to think at the beginning of this calendar year. Not that unusual, EDD did the same thing back in the day. I don't have any inside knowledge but what was most noteworthy to me is that none of the schools were attending her games when Samantha was going through her State playoffs.
SC, Texas, ND, UCONN, Stanford....All had home visits with Haley Jones, I guessing that if the door to Samantha's house was open those same schools would have found a way to get in the door.

As an insider to Samantha and her family, there was no "quiet period" requested......the door to Samantha's house has always been open.....you're reading your tea leaves incorrectly...most of the teams on her list have been to her house, including ND, and the others are setting up dates......except UConn....there you have it

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
As an insider to Samantha and her family, there was no "quiet period" requested.the door to Samantha's house has always been open.....you're reading your tea leaves incorrectly...most of the teams on her list have been to her house, including ND, and the others are setting up dates.except UConn....there you have it

Are you saying it's UConn that is no longer interested?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
As an insider to Samantha and her family, there was no "quiet period" requested.the door to Samantha's house has always been open.....you're reading your tea leaves incorrectly...most of the teams on her list have been to her house, including ND, and the others are setting up dates.except UConn....there you have it
Interesting. Are you also saying all of these other teams have put an offer on the table? Because clearly UConn put one on the table early and have stayed in phone contact with Sam since. Are saying that a home visit is necessary for her to sign a letter?

Reaction Score
Maybe today's game will help some recruits who are on the fence decide. Which end of the headline do you want to be on?

Reaction Score
Yeah that's a tough team. Probably come down to them and the Burke, Fudd, Watson.... team.

Reaction Score
Did you happen to check out that Stars & Stripes squad.
USA Basketball Women's 3x3 U18 National Championship
Killer Bs: Boston, Brunelle, Bueckers and Van Lith.

Gotta love it.........I assume they are streaming these games......should be fun..............the "best" team doesn't always win in 3 x 3.......it takes a specific talent to play in the half court mode......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom