2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 84 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So who starts showing up on campus after the championship game bears a lot of interest, even scrutiny...particularly for the prospects that still have large and/or unknown finalists lists.
Lol! For your eyes only: You mean like how a certain number one recruit just happened to show up at the last UCONN Championship banquet one year.

ND had it's "bye" week (no Thursday game) this week and we hear MM hit the air to California to see Haley Jones and post coach Carole Owens paid a visit to 2018 Danielle Cosgrove, who will become an Owens pupil very soon. I'm wondering where else Coach O went on this metro NYC swing: Natalija Marshall at CTK?
She's not a post player but Jordan Nixon is one of NYC's finest and also ND bound.

Reaction Score
I know some people see Brunelle as a wing, but with her rebounding I can't see her not playing inside, so it's possible Uconn could have ONO, Ezi, Brunelle, Amihere, Boston, and Brink. That would be 6 players and 2 positions.

I'm not sure she's quick enough to cover a wing but her ability to play inside and out is a wonderful thing indeed..........she may not be up to not up to KLS standards from the outside but she has a more muscular inside game which I'm sure Geno would (will?) take advantage of

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Lol! For your eyes only: You mean like how a certain number one recruit just happened to show up at the last UCONN Championship banquet one year.

She's not a post player but Jordan Nixon is one of NYC's finest and also ND bound.

Agreed on Jordan Nixon.....pretty excited about her joining the Irish (and her former MLA teammate, Danielle Patterson). Her on-court performance and off-court development/story are both compelling.

It's been quite a few years since the Irish had a NYC-Long Island resident (Melissa D'Amico of Long Island -- now an assistant coach at Yale -- and Katryna Gaither, Beth Morgan's runningmate for MM's first final four team). Next year, 3 or 1/4 of the planned 12-member team will be from there: Nixon, Patterson and Cosgrove. Wonder if Niele and Muffet (and husband Matt) have a renewed interest in theatre? :rolleyes:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/10

Kylee Watson had 21 points, 7 rebounds, and 5 blocks Saturday though she was just 3-10 from the foul line.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/10

Hailey Van Lith broke her own school record for points Saturday night in Cashmere's district playoff win. Could've crossed 50 points but missed a ton of free throws.

46 points, 13 rebounds, 9 steals

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have read a lot of "reminds me of" Can anyone tell me who D, Stewie and Maya reminded them of. I mean Uconn players prior to this studs enrolling.

Reaction Score
2/10

Kylee Watson had 21 points, 7 rebounds, and 5 blocks Saturday though she was just 3-10 from the foul line.

her foul shooting form is kind of funky...............surprised that hasn't been a point of focus.............sure will be at next level because she gets fouled a lot...........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Seems like we have been given some bad information by @Chong-Master in the now closed AEH transfer thread:
" E) Forget about Aubrey Griffin from ever ending up at UCONN (I got this feeling that her HS Coach [Ricci] is no longer a fan of Geno, and, don't be surprised that Griffin is pushed away from Geno and UCONN by Ricci, and Griffin ends up at either South Carolina or Notre Dame."

Both coach Ricci and Aubrey were in the house last night seated behind the UCONN bench as Louisville was getting rolled by UCONN. See right hand side of the photo. I don't know how to tag people in photos so it was probably a good thing Coach Ricci was wearing his Ossining sweat shirt.

Aubrey Griffin.jpg

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
As mentioned in another thread UConn was at a Blair Academy - Rutgers Prep game today, probably to scout the latter's Leilani Correa, a 2019 guard.

Here's a recent assessment of Correa from local media:

Leilani Correa, Rutgers Prep, Jr.

Correa, who has turned into one of N.J.'s best players over the past two seasons, is averaging 16.2 points per game for Rutgers Prep this year and hopes to lead the Argonauts to another berth in the Tournament of Champions. With a pure jump shoot, Correa is nearly unstoppable when she drives to the basket.

Scan nearly to the bottom:

Best ballers: Players to watch in the girls #NJHoops state tourney

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't know for sure, but the girl next to Griffin resembles Jordan Horston, no?
Could be. Upon second look the younglady next to Aubrey looks like one of her HS teammates.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New, long piece on Sam Brunelle:

Brunelle is averaging 32 points, 17 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 blocks and 3 steals per game this season. She is shooting 52 percent from the floor, including 35 percent from 3-point range. She is also shooting 80 percent from the free-throw line.

Brunelle said she’s really improved on her shot selection this season. Stafford said they’ve also worked hard on Brunelle’s leadership skills as well and she’s done a great job leading a young team.

While she’s a strong scorer, Brunelle said she enjoys passing the ball just as much as scoring.

“I love to pass a lot,” Brunelle said. “And sometimes you’ll notice when I play, I might be a little too unselfish at times. But I just love getting my teammates the ball and getting them open as well.

Brunelle said she has no time table for making her decision, and that while the recruiting process has been tough at times she’s trying to enjoy it as much as possible.

Staying grounded: William Monroe basketball standout Brunelle stays humble despite national attention | News, Sports, Jobs - The Northern Virginia Daily

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom