2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 98 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
Typically when do 2019 girls start committing? For example when might SB commit? Is there a signing period where most of the girls fall into?

Reaction Score
Typically when do 2019 girls start committing? For example when might SB commit? Is there a signing period where most of the girls fall into?
Some have already committed. For example, I counted 23 of the top 100 recruits listed by Prospect Nation have already verballed to school. It seems that the ones most highly recruited by major programs seem to take longer to verbal as a rule.

Reaction Score
It's really interesting these last couple years where the top 10 will wait until November to sign and have a big show at their school to establish an early 15 minutes of fame. Another reason why Stewie was just the best. No drama for her.

Reaction Score
Some have already committed. For example, I counted 23 of the top 100 recruits listed by Prospect Nation have already verballed to school. It seems that the ones most highly recruited by major programs seem to take longer to verbal as a rule.

Gotcha so really for us a 2019 target can commit any time. Would it seem that a SB would commit by the fall?

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
As someone who is very interested in prospective UConn recruits but knows gornischt about this topic, I've appreciated this informative discussion. Thanks.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Gotcha so really for us a 2019 target can commit any time. Would it seem that a SB would commit by the fall?

About 99% will commit prior to the first signing period in November. Could be after their seasons end over the next few weeks. Could be in the summer or the fall.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There are a lot of steps, and multiple levels of commitment. A player can verbally commit to a school from the time he's in middle school. As @jdubct points out many of the top 2019 have already verbally committed. Verbal commitments are not binding if they were then Charli Collier would be coming to UCONN this fall. The earliest a player can sign the the National Letter of Intent which is a formal commitment is usually the first week in November of thier Senior year.
Another form of commitment is the "unofficial" visit. The reason I say it is a form of commitment is because the cost of the visit is coming out of Mom's or Dad's pocket. Unofficial visits are unlimited and can occur at any time except some blackout NCAA periods. Official visits are limited to 5 per player & is at the expense of the school. Official visits cannot start until Thursday after the National Championship game.
Just in case you are wondering about your favorite 2019 player, she has made 2 unofficial visits to UCONN already. If things go according to my plan your favorite player should be back on the UCONN campus "officially" for either the championship parade or banquet or possibly both if they happen to be within the same 48 hour period= the limit of an official visit.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi Fudd’s SJC team wrapped up a 32-2 season by beating Georgetown Visitation, 65-40. Their only losses were to #1 Mitty and highly ranked Paul VI (they went 2-1 vs. Paul VI). Azzi had 22 points, including one trey, and 8 rebounds. She’s one of the best players in high school, regardless of class—she’s a freshman. She looks like a Kaleena/Maya combo to me.

Reaction Score
Actually it is, considering that 9th grader was going up against the #1 player in the 2019 class.
BTW she (Messiah Hunter) wasn't just talking smack! She dropped 20 points herself to Brunlle's 22.
Believe the Messiah!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Azzi Fudd’s SJC team wrapped up a 32-2 season by beating Georgetown Visitation, 65-40. Their only losses were to #1 Mitty and highly ranked Paul VI (they went 2-1 vs. Paul VI). Azzi had 22 points, including one trey, and 8 rebounds. She’s one of the best players in high school, regardless of class—she’s a freshman. She looks like a Kaleena/Maya combo to me.
I what state is Fudd's high school?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/4

Aliyah Boston overcame foul trouble to finish with 15 points, 14 rebounds, and 7 blocks Sunday.

Worcester won the AA title over Molly Bent's Tabor high.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Technically none. St. John's College High School Fudd's HS is in the District of Columbia.
Correct. It’s in the Chevy Chase portion of D.C. There is also a Chevy Chase portion of Maryland. Azzi and her father (Assistant Coach) commute from their home in Falls Church, VA.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Should be recruiting time after the AAC tourney ends.

Potential viewing options include:

Cameron Brink (if healthy) and Amari DeBerry Wednesday

Paige Bueckers Thursday

Aubrey Griffin, Haley Jones, and Christyn Williams on Friday.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Should be recruiting time after the AAC tourney ends.

Potential viewing options include:

Cameron Brink (if healthy) and Amari DeBerry Wednesday

Paige Bueckers Thursday

Aubrey Griffin, Haley Jones, and Christyn Williams on Friday.

I presume multiple coaches going to different places. Geno is good, but he's not everywhere.;)

Reaction Score
There are a lot of steps, and multiple levels of commitment. A player can verbally commit to a school from the time he's in middle school. As @jdubct points out many of the top 2019 have already verbally committed. Verbal commitments are not binding if they were then Charli Collier would be coming to UCONN this fall. The earliest a player can sign the the National Letter of Intent which is a formal commitment is usually the first week in November of thier Senior year.
Another form of commitment is the "unofficial" visit. The reason I say it is a form of commitment is because the cost of the visit is coming out of Mom's or Dad's pocket. Unofficial visits are unlimited and can occur at any time except some blackout NCAA periods. Official visits are limited to 5 per player & is at the expense of the school. Official visits cannot start until Thursday after the National Championship game.
Just in case you are wondering about your favorite 2019 player, she has made 2 unofficial visits to UCONN already. If things go according to my plan your favorite player should be back on the UCONN campus "officially" for either the championship parade or banquet or possibly both if they happen to be within the same 48 hour period= the limit of an official visit.
CocoHusky I really appreciate the details and specifics of your post.
I love reading the comments and watching videos of so many of these really talented kids. I don't get to see any if them in person. Years ago I saw Sue Bird at a big AAU title game at her HS Christ the King. There was a tall forward maybe center I think on the other team who was quite good and went to Stanford. Wow, the memories from what was approximately twenty years ago. Have been following women's basketball and sports since. Actually hardly watch men's bb or sports as I'm not moved by a variety of things that usually go with that. Sorry to discriminate in that way but if I found an individual or team that had play, behavior and a story line it might interest me. Once in a while I will watch Curry and his team play.
It's exciting and nerve wracking watching and waiting for each of these so very talented players to make their decisions. From afar it strikes me how there seem to be 3-7 outstanding ones in each class and it seems U Conn always gets 1-3. I don't see enough to be able to chose favorites.
What's also exciting (and a bit scary) as Geno & CD come closer to leaving U Conn who and what is next and the effects of that on current and future recruiting. I am sure it won't quite be the same, but hopefully it's not far off.
Bronx23

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom