Reaction Score
Seeing her in green makes me want to vomit

Don't know how to break this to you @JustinesGuy, but her High School color:

images

Reaction Score
Don't know how to break this to you @JustinesGuy, but her High School color:

images

Ha ha. Your right! Funny post.

I haven't wanted a recruit as much since KLS. I really enjoy her game and mental IQ is off the charts. She's a great person too, humanitarian.
I imagine I'd root for her anywhere she goes, but boy would it be hard if she's at ND ha.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Aubrey Griffin scored 22 points in Ossining's first round playoff win Saturday (2/17).

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/20

Samantha Brunelle accumulated 24 points, 14 rebounds, and 5 assists while being hounded Tuesday night, getting William Monroe into the state tourney for the first time in 30 years.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Saylor Poffenbarger had 30 points, 8 rebounds, and 3 blocks Tuesday (2/20).

Reaction Score
Saylor Poffenbarger had 30 points, 8 rebounds, and 3 blocks Tuesday (2/20).
I enjoy reading all about these recruits’ offensive exploits and rebounding stats, but does anybody have any sense of who will become the lock-down defenders we need in the mold of Kia Nurse, Gabby Williams, Kiah Stokes, Kelly Faris, et al?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I enjoy reading all about these recruits’ offensive exploits and rebounding stats, but does anybody have any sense of who will become the lock-down defenders we need in the mold of Kia Nurse, Gabby Williams, Kiah Stokes, Kelly Faris, et al?
Christyn Williams has said she wants to become a lockdown defender.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Laeticia Amihere is hands down the best defender in the 2019 class and among the best perimeter defender for her size 6'3" that I have ver seen. In her last FIBA age group tournament Laeticia guarded the other teams PG many times the length off the floor and seamless switched as required to guarding post players.

Next best defender might be Haley Jones because of her versatility. At USA Basketball U16 trials many of the people that were in the tryout sessions reported that Jones was the best defender by far and most were shocked that she did not make the team. Haley is 6'1" and was defending in the post and on the perimeter with equal proficiency at the trials.

A defensive stalwarth that is moving under the radar is Charisma Osborne, listed at 5'9" she has better guns that Crystal and very sturdy lower body and is a bull dog of an on ball defender.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Van Lith, Jones, and Boston have reputations as defensive stalwarts. Bueckers is really good too. And I think Brink has a chance to be a defensive game-changer.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/21

Aliyah Boston: 15 points, 11 rebounds, 7 blocks

Boston completed a 3-pt play with 20 seconds left and then blocked the potential winning shot in the dying seconds.

Worcester won 51-50.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Article on Azzi Fudd getting her jump shot form from her mom who got hers from Larry Bird:

Azzi first saw tape of her mom when she visited Connecticut this fall. The Huskies’ staff put together a short highlight reel of Katie playing against them with Georgetown. U-Conn., like most teams then, smothered Katie all over the court and often sent multiple defenders in her direction. But Azzi noticed something right away.

“The jump shot, it was exactly the same,” said Azzi, who adjusted her jumper in sixth grade to be just like her mom’s. “It was weird to see, but also really cool. I’d like to see more of it, but I don’t know if those thick VHS things we have work anymore.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...6a950029788_story.html?utm_term=.a284182dc4e3

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Article on Azzi Fudd getting her jump shot form from her mom who got hers from Larry Bird:

Azzi first saw tape of her mom when she visited Connecticut this fall. The Huskies’ staff put together a short highlight reel of Katie playing against them with Georgetown. U-Conn., like most teams then, smothered Katie all over the court and often sent multiple defenders in her direction. But Azzi noticed something right away.
“The jump shot, it was exactly the same,” said Azzi, who adjusted her jumper in sixth grade to be just like her mom’s. “It was weird to see, but also really cool. I’d like to see more of it, but I don’t know if those thick VHS things we have work anymore.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...6a950029788_story.html?utm_term=.a284182dc4e3
Damn! Whoever on the UCONN staff thought of that ( Showing Azzi tape of her Mom playing against UCONN) Well Done!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Damn! Whoever on the UCONN staff thought of that ( Showing Azzi tape of her Mom playing against UCONN) Well Done!

I did not know Katie Smrcka-Duffy was her mom. I remember that name.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I know less about women's college basketball than anyone on this site but thanks to contributors such as Sluconn and Coco, I know a little more than I did yesterday...and, hopefully, not as much as I'll know tomorrow. Thanks guys.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I did not know Katie Smrcka-Duffy was her mom. I remember that name.
Her mom was a star. As noted in the article, she began the line of outstanding guards in the NoVa area, including Kara Lawson and Jasmine Thomas.

When I saw Azzi play, Katie was tracking all the team’s shots on an iPad. Azzi gets lots of coaching from her parents. She plays like a senior, not a freshman.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/23

Sam Brunelle scored 26 points but William Monroe lost it regional title game 48-46 Friday.

They will play in the state tourney, however.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Amari DeBerry scored 26 points in Williamsville South's sectional playoff game on Thursday (2/22) to reach the 1,000 point mark for her career.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Amari DeBerry scored 26 points in Williamsville South's sectional playoff game on Thursday (2/22) to reach the 1,000 point mark for her career.
Amari is a freshman, I believe. Does the 1,000 include points scored in 8th grade?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom