2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 88 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She said she’s expanding her range. She’s about 5 years ahead of Tina in that regard.

The game has changed. Outside shots are an important part of a players arsenal. Even a dominant post is strongly encouraged to develop a jump shot.

Reaction Score
One question. Is Kylee Watson being pursued? Yes or no ??????

I believe she taken unofficial visits to UConn and to ND................she certainly should be pursued as she is one of the most talented players in the country and lives fairly close by in New Jersey................

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Do any of you know what kind of HS competition Boston is facing up there? Does she face any size to push her development? She's in a prep school league right?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Horston is the longest shot of all because she has already sat through too many recruiting pitches where schools are telling her she is "THE WOMAN". Horston coming to UCONN to play a lesser role than "THE WOMAN" would be a very hard sales job for the UCONN staff.
Just curious, but are you stating this as a fact based on an inside source or something you read?

Honestly, every Top 20 national recruit is hearing the most complimentary things from all college coaches.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Just curious, but are you stating this as a fact based on an inside source or something you read?
Honestly, every Top 20 national recruit is hearing the most complimentary things from all college coaches.
Definitely not an inside source. There was a extensive discussion on the UNC board. UNC assistant coach Sylvia Crawley is related to Horston and despite that UNC has gone from favorite to not in consideration in the opinion of some posters there. Among Horston current favorites she would be the highest rated recruit since A'Ja wilson for SC and Kelsey Mitchell for the tOSU. So while I would agree that every top 20 recruit hears complimentary things hopefully you'll agree that not all top 20 recruits are gettting the "you could be a program builder" type pitches.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
One question. Is Kylee Watson being pursued? Yes or no ??????
Not really a yes or no answer, more like who knows. Kylee Watson and her Philly Belles AAU teammate Maddie Burke took an un-official visit to UCONN. Bottom line is that at that time no UCONN offer was extended to either player. That was over a year ago, that was also very early in the recruiting process for both players, and it would have been very unsual for UCONN to offer HS Freshmen as both were at the time. A lot could have happened (or not) since then.
Jensen: In women’s basketball, a star recruit is almost never too young - Philly

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/17

2021 Amari DeBerry scored 19 points but her team lost a close one to undefeated Cardinal O'Hara.

Here's what O'Hara's coach had to say about her after the game:

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Not really a yes or no answer, more like who knows. Kylee Watson and her Philly Belles AAU teammate Maddie Burke took an un-official visit to UCONN. Bottom line is that at that time no UCONN offer was extended to either player. That was over a year ago, that was also very early in the recruiting process for both players, and it would have been very unsual for UCONN to offer HS Freshmen as both were at the time. A lot could have happened (or not) since then.
Jensen: In women’s basketball, a star recruit is almost never too young - Philly

Exact same Philly Belle representation (Watson, Burke) at Notre Dame last fall. Pennsylvania point guard Alli Campbell (who I believe is joining the Belles after this high school season) was also there.
There were 12 prospects there, so individual offers were probably not the order of the weekend.

I do know Prospects Nation compares Watson's game to Natalie Achonwa and that certainly would be good enough for the Irish faithful, so loved/still love the Ace.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I believe she taken unofficial visits to UConn and to ND......she certainly should be pursued as she is one of the most talented players in the country and lives fairly close by in New Jersey......

Charlie, You do a great job of keeping us informed on the rising talent, the superstars of tomorrow, and we thank you for your time and effort. Not being one who is informed on all of the players that will be coming onto the college scene in the next 2-3 years, I'm curious. I know this question is jumping the gun a little, but I wanna know!!!

In your humble opinion, who do you think are 4 players that are pretty much a lock (already drinking the kool-aid) to commit to UConn? Most of us know who we want, but who do you think we'll get? I know you'll have a much better feel for this question in September. What does your gut say? :eek:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/19

Azzi Fudd scored 23 points in her last regular season game Monday. That included three 3's and 6-6 from the line.

Next up is her district tourney.

Reaction Score
Charlie, You do a great job of keeping us informed on the rising talent, the superstars of tomorrow, and we thank you for your time and effort. Not being one who is informed on all of the players that will be coming onto the college scene in the next 2-3 years, I'm curious. I know this question is jumping the gun a little, but I wanna know!!!

In your humble opinion, who do you think are 4 players that are pretty much a lock (already drinking the kool-aid) to commit to UConn? Most of us know who we want, but who do you think we'll get? I know you'll have a much better feel for this question in September. What does your gut say? :eek:

just saw your question..................as the other recruiting "experts" here will tell you, I'm the last one you want to ask that question to............I only know who isn't coming to UConn and then miraculously a cute Husky dog, a UConn balloon or a UConn T shirt shows up during a press conference...........that being the case, I'm stating unequivocally that not one of the top five recruits in 2019 or 2020 have any interest in the University of Connecticut..........as a matter of fact they don't even know that Connecticut has a state university.....................there, that takes care of that..........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom