2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 63 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
Anyone know where the various coaches are this week? I heard rumors that a local kid, 2020, is being recruited by UConn. She is playing in a tournament in Elmira, NY starting tonight. I was wondering if one of the coaches might be in attendance.

Reaction Score
Anyone know where the various coaches are this week? I heard rumors that a local kid, 2020, is being recruited by UConn. She is playing in a tournament in Elmira, NY starting tonight. I was wondering if one of the coaches might be in attendance.

hard to say where they are at as they keep it pretty hush hush most of the time...........we usually find out after the fact from reports on recruits............they go where the few targeted kids are at and that can be anywhere

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
with
I wouldn't be shocked to see DeBerry pass Fudd for the top spot in 2021, her numbers are off the charts.

If she's putting up those types of numbers in tournament play (which normally pits/invites schools with similar talent together, but not always), against good to very good schools, she's going to have her choice of schools to choose from. Every top 25 school will be vying for her services. I'll bet she ends up in one of the usual top 6-7 schools. i.e., UConn, ND, Baylor, USCe, Texas, Tennessee, Maryland, etc. All of these locations are but a mere "pit stop" en route to her ultimate destination. :cool:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sammy B is amazing.
I agree, but ... the league she plays in HS is not impressive (same can be said for a lot of highly rated recruits) so I take most of these numbers with a little bit of skepticism because of the competition faced.

Reaction Score
I agree, but ... the league she plays in HS is not impressive (same can be said for a lot of highly rated recruits) so I take most of these numbers with a little bit of skepticism because of the competition faced.
She is a national team player. Nuff said

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
In the above archived game from Wednesday (12/27) Cameron Brink scored 14 points (6-7 fg) and added 7 rebounds and 4 blocks.

Brink played about half the game and showed numerous different skills. She's rail thin but has excellent footwork and moves lithely to disrupt opponents on defense. Smart, patient player, a willing and good passer who doesn't force things. Her only miss was a 3-pt attempt. Free throw form looked very good. A definite impact talent.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/27

Hailey Van Lith ('20) poured in 36 points in Cashmere's easy win Thursday.

Saylor Poffenbarger ('21) continued to stuff the stat sheet: 18 points, 6 rebounds, 5 blocks, 3 assists

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith ('20) poured in 36 points in Cashmere's easy win Thursday.

I'm curious to watch her play. I looked at their schedule, they don't play any games on the west side of the state, reasonably close to me. Maybe next year there will be a game closer.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In the above archived game from Wednesday (12/27) Cameron Brink scored 14 points (6-7 fg) and added 7 rebounds and 4 blocks.

Brink played about half the game and showed numerous different skills. She's rail thin but has excellent footwork and moves lithely to disrupt opponents on defense. Smart, patient player, a willing and good passer who doesn't force things. Her only miss was a 3-pt attempt. Free throw form looked very good. A definite impact talent.
Cameron Brink reminds me a lot of a kid from North Syracuse who is now playing in China.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
One last Bluestar evaluation from the Nike TOC including Angel Jackson who Geno watched this summer. Perhaps Jackson has improved because I wasn't overly impressed with her last year.

Angel Jackson – 2019 – 6-5 – Post – Salesian — Big time junior post…Difficult to even keep her from getting position in the paint, let alone stop her…Huge target…Has a nice move set…Spins into the post in transition…Soft hands…Nice passer with her back to the basket

Azzi Fudd – 2021 – 5-10 – Combo – St. John’s College – Rushed early in game one but settled in…Mixed her attack, speed and direction well against strong defense…Adapted to physical play…Pushed the ball and handled contact thrown her way…Pull up was solid at times…Demonstrated the ability to get better in the context of a single game or event…Becoming more assertive on the ball defensively…Not afraid to get on the floor…Just another step

Nike TOC - Last Gifts Under The Tree - Bluestar Media

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
PN's Chris Hanson breakdown of the Nike TOC's top performers:

Haley Jones – Archbishop Mitty (San Jose, Calif.) – 2019
Jones sits at No. 14 in the ProspectsNation.com ELITE 100. Her versatile play helped lead the Monarchs to a championship in the top bracket of the TOC, including a wins over the former No. 1 team in the country, Riverdale (Tenn.), in the semifinal and No. 2 St. Mary’s Stockton (Calif.) in the championship. Her combination of size at 6-1 and fluid athleticism allows her to play four positions and at a high level. She sees over pressure, can be physical at this level on the interior, making her a matchup problem no matter who you throw at her. And with a talented supporting cast, including Penn State bound Karisma Ortiz and San Diego bound Nicole Blakes, utilizing those mismatches is almost seamless.

Azzi Fudd – St. John’s College (District of Columbia) – 2021
Much has been made of Fudd’s game from an early age, and for good reason; she’s incredibly talented. She is the early favorite for the top ranking in 2021 class and her smooth scoring skill set was on display in the desert. She has a graceful way about her even when playing through contact and the strength to finish those plays. Though she gave up several inches and some length to Jones in the match up with Mitty, her willingness to battle with her was telling about her mindset.

https://prospectsnation.com/story/toc-impact-performers

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Cameron Brink reminds me a lot of a kid from North Syracuse who is now playing in China.

She made a bunch of wow plays last night just in the flow of the game. Two blocks, a super quick turn move past her defender to the basket, and an alley-oop catch for a layup over a zone. You can see why her upside is so high.

Brink's game tonight will also be streamed on YouTube. I'll post it later.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Easy to see why Cameron Brink's team is rated nationally. They are terrific defensively. Brink was hit with one awful foul and one very questionable one early today that benched her for most of the 1st. Hasn't stopped her from impressing.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/28

Cameron Brink's line from Thursday: 12 points (6-9 fg), 8 rebounds, 4 assists

Made two terrific passes, one over a double team. Also made a hustle play where she came out of nowhere to dive on the floor and pick up a loose ball, passing to a teammate who hit a three. She is NOT a perimeter player, at least not yet. High-level skill though; really impressive turn-around jumper in the post. Has some Brittney Griner to her game with super-quick feet. Impacts in numerous ways.

Game replay:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom