2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 196 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
You are correct on the Horston front. At least I know her mom did. So like I said, no news is good news.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Anyone who is a parent of or have been around young ladies of this age that are close, understand that using their phones is a physical imperative. If they are not tweeting then this is a conscious decision made by all of them together. If they are not tweeting then they sure as heck are burning up the texting and direct call lines to each other.

That means there is some serious discussions and decision making going on right now between these four. Right now. Since there haven't been any tweets and presumably a ton of comm between them to me means at the least, some of them have made their choice and some have not. A lack of tweeting also says to me that perhaps they all want to play together at the same institution. To me Boston is a lock for UConn. Fudd although young is a heavy UConn lean. I think Haley is a light UConn lean, and Paige is a light ND lean. I think the lack of tweets means the two UConn leans are trying to convince the two others to play for Geno. I don't think any amount of discussion is going to convince these four to all play for Muffet or Tara. I think the lack of tweets is these four realizing that they are not all going to play on the same team, and that indeed these four amigos may be playing on three different teams.

Just my crummy two Lincoln's.

Reaction Score
You people are reading WAY too much into this! Boston and Jones have been very consistent in what the have posted and when they have posted on social media regarding their visits to EACH and EVERY school! They usually come a few days after the visits and it will be no different with their UConn visit. I have already stated multiple times that I don't think UConn has a very good shot at any of Boston, Jones, Bueckers, or Fudd, but I anxiously wait hoping that I am wrong.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I have already stated multiple times that I don't think UConn has a very good shot at any of Boston, Jones, Bueckers, or Fudd, but I anxiously wait hoping that I am wrong.

UConn doesn't have a very good shot at them? It is one of four schools Boston will choose from and one of five for Jones. Both players just made their visits, and both have been to the campus on multiple occasions. Bueckers and Fudd just made unofficial visits for the second time in a year, this time apparently without any coordination from the Huskies. Both decided to visit the campus last weekend during the visits by their friends Jones and Boston.

No idea where they end up, but I don't see how one can conclude UConn hasn't a good shot at them compared to the other potential suitors.

JordyG

Reaction Score
UConn doesn't have a very good shot at them? It is one of four schools Boston will choose from and one of five for Jones. Both players just made their visits, and both have been to the campus on multiple occasions. Bueckers and Fudd just made unofficial visits for the second time in a year, this time apparently without any coordination from the Huskies. Both decided to visit the campus last weekend during the visits by their friends Jones and Boston.

No idea where they end up, but I don't see how one can conclude UConn hasn't a good shot at them compared to the other potential suitors.
I don't know about you, but I haven't responded to his statements because I'm holding on to my "I told you so's". Then I'm going to cartwheel into the room.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know about you, but I haven't responded to him statements because I'm holding on to my "I told you so's". Then I'm going to cartwheel into the room.

Well if you are going to "cartwheel into the room" with "I told you so's" why don't you go on record now and post who you think chooses UConn?

JordyG

Reaction Score
Well if you are going to "cartwheel into the room" with "I told you so's" why don't you go on record now and post who you think chooses UConn?
If you look above I think I made my position(s) pretty clear.

Reaction Score

What about Fudd and Bueckers unofficial visits to ND as well . Being spotted wearing the ND attire when they are not on campus means nothing right ? Im hoping Jones committs to UCONN but i wouldnt hold my breath for Fudd or Beuckers they are pretty strong ND leans at the moment but alot of time for things to change.

Reaction Score

You have said that you don't think UConn will get any of them. If that opinion is the result of "thought" then I'd like you to state your case. But I feel that you merely have a gut feeling. I get them all the time when I buy a lottery ticket. My gut hasn't been right yet.

Reaction Score
You have said that you don't think UConn will get any of them. If that opinion is the result of "thought" then I'd like you to state your case. But I feel that you merely have a gut feeling. I get them all the time when I buy a lottery ticket. My gut hasn't been right yet.

I will admit that I tend to be a pessimist, but it is a little bit of both. I think that the strong relationship that Boston, Fudd, and Bueckers have with Brunelle, and ND's recent success, means that they end together in South Bend. I think that location and education are going to play a big factor for Jones, and she ends up at Stanford. I also think that the number of kids that are willing to make the sacrifices needed to play for Coach Auriemma, are getting fewer and fewer by the year. He is etremely hard on his players, because he views getting anything but the absolute best out of every player, as a failure. Again, I really hope I am wrong about this.

Reaction Score
Neither has Titletown's. To wit:

Megan Walker to Notre Dame Texas
Christyn Williams to South Carolina or Texas
ONO to FSU or South Carolina

You never know.

Totally ignore the many other recruits that I accurately predicted though, that's cool.

Reaction Score
Neither has Titletown's. To wit:

Megan Walker to Notre Dame Texas
Christyn Williams to South Carolina or Texas
ONO to FSU or South Carolina

You never know.

you know what they say, even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day............:rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The really close relationship is between Paige and Azzi. I expect they will probably wind up at the same place. I don’t buy the premise that Sam will lead everyone to ND, which was really her second choice.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The speculation that all these players will follow SB to ND seems overblown. SB seems like a nice kid and I’m sure she will be a solid player for the Irish. But she was the 11th of 12 players on the U17 World Championship team. If the younger players are going to follow anyone on that team, it’s more likely that they will follow one of the senior starters: Jones, Boston and possibly even Horston.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I don't recall if Titletown was among the Chicken Little impersonators, but I recall several posters on this board predicting that Megan Walker and Mikayla Coombs would bail out because of the way Geno was mistreating them during their freshman year. And maybe Lexi Gordon would do the same thing. Another clouded crystal ball, apparently.

Geno's poker bets on subjects such as this usually work out more often than they don't. Remember that he pushed Rebecco Lobo (in her first two years) and Charde Houston many years later ALMOST to their respective breaking points, but not beyond. He guessed where their limit was, and pushed right up to that limit. The same applies to his recruiting, and why he doesn't make "safety" offers -- he usually doesn't need to.

If he REALLY doesn't expect to get top players in a particular year, he will recruit a Megan Gardler / Kyla Irwin / Molly Bent. But he doesn't like to make those kinds of scholarship offers, and in most years he doesn't have to. I think we would have seen those kind of offers being made and accepted for 2019 if he truly didn't expect to get Jones and/or Boston. That doesn't mean that they will come to Storrs, but it probably means that Geno has some reason to think that they are quite likely to do so.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom