2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 194 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
I’m with cocohusky on the idea that Geno has changed his approach. The fact that some positions are under recruited compared to others could be because there are fewer recruits at that position that have what Geno is looking for. It seems to me that Geno offers those he’s wants and if that results in 5 guards being offered and only 1 big so be it.

It seems to me that two things have led to what I consider overly pessimistic views of the program: losing 2 years in a row in the final four semis and having 2 bigs make unexpected decisions that affect the program negatively - the Collier decommit and Stevens leaving early.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It seems to me that two things have led to what I consider overly pessimistic views of the program: losing 2 years in a row in the final four semis and having 2 bigs make unexpected decisions that affect the program negatively - the Collier decommit and Stevens leaving early.

You could probably add Magbegor's decision to play professionally in Australia as a 3rd post player that had an impact on UConn that caused fans quite a bit of angst.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You could probably add Magbegor's decision to play professionally in Australia as a 3rd post player that had an impact on UConn that caused fans quite a bit of angst.
A 4th and 5th consideration is Morgan Tuck leaving with her class for the WNBA and the transfer of Natalie Butler.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
How about Steff, Kiah & Stewie, all 1st round draft choices in the W. While it didn’t happen often, I distinctly remember several occasions during the 2013-14 season when Geno rolled all 3 onto the court together. During those stretches opposing teams struggled to secure a rebound at either end of the court or get a shot off within 15 feet of the basket.
Some of my fondest memories of that year. I think Kiah had a better Junior year than Senior. A combination like that might never be seen again (in our lifetimes, anyway).

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
My question is did Geno change or did his circumstances change. This is the first year in a while when he hasn't been tied down with USA. Perhaps there is more happening because he can focus on a broader scope.

Reaction Score

Aliyah Boston also scheduled to be on her visit to Carolina.

interesting that UConn's two big recruits will be together in Columbia with Dawn S............most have forgotten that South Carolina is still in the running for both of them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom