2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 128 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UConn may have interest in currently unranked 2019 wing McKenna from Wisconsin.

For some reason her last name will not post. Not sure what the heck that is but it is W-a-r-n-o-c-k.

A poster from a Badgers board said he/she was hearing UConn had contact with her back in February. Then this Tweet popped up today.

War-nock is ranked #70 at Prospects Nation.

She has an impressive list of offers. Plays volleyball too. Great academics. UConn maybe late to the party.

Reaction Score
It is strange that Coombs is not in the photo. KLS and Pheesa are missing too but the girls in the photo are all the players thst will be on the team if HJ signs, only missing Coombs

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It is strange that Coombs is not in the photo. KLS and Pheesa are missing too but the girls in the photo are all the players thst will be on the team if HJ signs, only missing Coombs
We know that Mikayla is dealing with a serious health condition, DVT. Not sure how that might impact her schedule or availability for various team activities.

Lou just had major surgery on her ankle. She’s probably still on crutches or in a walking boot, which probably limits her ability to get around.

Pheesa was playing in the National 3x3 competition, followed directly by competing as one of 19 players for one of 12 spots on the USA team that will be playing in China over the next few weeks.

Reaction Score
UConn may have interest in currently unranked 2019 wing McKenna from Wisconsin.

For some reason her last name will not post. Not sure what the heck that is but it is W-a-r-n-o-c-k.

A poster from a Badgers board said he/she was hearing UConn had contact with her back in February. Then this Tweet popped up today.

War-nock is ranked #70 at Prospects Nation.

Why is UConn interested in an unknown three star wing starting in February?

Reaction Score
Why is UConn interested in an unknown three star wing starting in February?

If anyone wants to go YouTube her high school you can find a few games. One look at her on the court and she looks like a kid that should be in the top 100, she’s tall, quick, and moves around the court well.

Reaction Score
You go first. Would love to see how you spin this into yet another Geno recruiting failure.

I really have no idea, I know nothing about this particular recruit but one would have to admit she doesn't fit the typical UConn recruiting profile........I count seven unsigned wings in the Hoopgurlz Top 60 including Beal and Rickea Jackson and I know for a fact that another top 60 wing would have taken a UConn offer in a minute but was never contacted.............your turn

Reaction Score
Enough with Brunelle. She’s a good player, a good person, and nice get for Muffet. But I’m ready to move on. Next case.
I didn’t follow the whole Brunelle thread previously, but why wasn’t she offered by UCONN? Was the writing on the wall early on that she was going to nd, so why bother?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I really have no idea, I know nothing about this particular recruit but one would have to admit she doesn't fit the typical UConn recruiting profile...I count seven unsigned wings in the Hoopgurlz Top 60 including Beal and Rickea Jackson and I know for a fact that another top 60 wing would have taken a UConn offer in a minute but was never contacted...your turn
The UCONN roster is made of 12-13 players at any given time. Among those players "obviously" not all are starter and some will make their contribution in practices and filling whatever role is required to make the team better. As much as I hate the term those players are sometime referred to as "role" players.
Player with Hoopgurlz Top 60 are simply not willing to fill that role at UCONN or anywhere else. The UCONN program has a great tradition of finding players outside of the top 100 that have actually contributed to the program. Such past players include Meghan Gardler, Kali Mclaren, & Natalie Butler. On the current roster are Molly Bent and Kyla Irwin. Since both Molly and Kyla graduate in 2020 now would be a good time to start looking around for their replacement. .... somehow I think you know that already.... your turn.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I didn’t follow the whole Brunelle thread previously, but why wasn’t she offered by UCONN? Was the writing on the wall early on that she was going to nd, so why bother?
The writing was certainly not on the wall through January of this year when Brunelle and her family paid a visit to Storrs on their own dime.

After a visit in Oct of 2016 it was reported in multiple print media sources that UConn had offered Brunelle a scholarship. After, Brunelle announced her intention to attend ND several weeks back, one of the UConn beat reporters announced that UConn never offered Brunelle.

Obviously, someone is wrong.

Reaction Score
Well, they've had interest in Aubrey Griffin and she's unranked almost everywhere, 109th at Blue Star. They do go off the board occasionally (Bent, Irwin).

true but Griffin most likely would have been ranked if not for her injury..............it's hard enough to make your mark as a highly ranked recruit, lower ranked players are simply less likely to be major contributors on the court............why no interest in any of the others on the list?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
true but Griffin most likely would have been ranked if not for her injury....it's hard enough to make your mark as a highly ranked recruit, lower ranked players are simply less likely to be major contributors on the court..why no interest in any of the others on the list?
There are tons of players UCONN isn't interested in or take a look at and passes on. It's not just about skill level, but how they fit into the program. Truly, is the player a UCONN player. And even some of the ones they they think will fit in, don't. UCONN has had like 12 players transfer out in the last 10 years. Over 1 player a year. And not only does the player have to fit in, the parents/family have to fit in also.

UCONN is extremely selective. Doesn't throw out a big net. I mean if that's what you want, you can always go support Louisville. Maybe that would make you happier? Of course you wouldn't get to the FF as often, or win as many games, or win as many NC's, but you'd have plenty of recruits.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Somehow I missed this from February:

The UConn women’s basketball team has been to the Final Four each of the past 10 seasons, winning six National Championships.

Saturday, the undefeated and top-ranked Aquinas High School girls basketball team will face one of UConn’s recruits in 5-foot-11 sophomore guard Caitlin Clark.

Along with UConn, Clark is also being recruited by Notre Dame. It’s a game Donarski says he doesn’t have to do much as a coach to get his team psyched up.

“I’m happy to say they’re very much bought in and from a competitive standpoint, they know who Caitlin Clark is,” he said. “You have a kid that’s being recruited from UConn and Notre Dame, some of the greatest schools in the country for women’s basketball. We’ll be amped up.”

Undefeated, top-ranked Aquinas faces team with UConn recruit Saturday

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Somehow I missed this from February:

The UConn women’s basketball team has been to the Final Four each of the past 10 seasons, winning six National Championships.

Saturday, the undefeated and top-ranked Aquinas High School girls basketball team will face one of UConn’s recruits in 5-foot-11 sophomore guard Caitlin Clark.

Along with UConn, Clark is also being recruited by Notre Dame. It’s a game Donarski says he doesn’t have to do much as a coach to get his team psyched up.

“I’m happy to say they’re very much bought in and from a competitive standpoint, they know who Caitlin Clark is,” he said. “You have a kid that’s being recruited from UConn and Notre Dame, some of the greatest schools in the country for women’s basketball. We’ll be amped up.”

Undefeated, top-ranked Aquinas faces team with UConn recruit Saturday
Great catch Slu. Let's get Caitlin Clark added to the UCONN recruiting page quickly-she a keeper!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Clark may become more important if this continues...

For the first time in the 45-year history of the Capital Classic, there will be a girls’ game, pitting a team of highly touted national underclassmen against seniors from Maryland, Virginia and the District.

The girls’ game will be Saturday at St. John’s College High School and will begin at 7 p.m.

The U.S. Futures all-star team features All-Met Player of the Year Azzi Fudd, a freshman at St. John’s regarded as one of the nation’s top recruits.

Joining Fudd on the team is Paige Bueckers, the Gatorade Player of the Year in Minnesota. Bueckers played with Fudd on the U.S. Under-16 team in 2017, and the two are close friends. Bueckers, a top point guard in the Class of 2020, will stay with Fudd for the weekend.

Samantha Brunelle, a Notre Dame commitment for the Class of 2019 and the Virginia Player of the Year from William Monroe High in Standardsville, will also be participating.

Capital Classic all-star hoops showcase to have first girls’ game in 45-year history

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Clark may become more important if this continues...

For the first time in the 45-year history of the Capital Classic, there will be a girls’ game, pitting a team of highly touted national underclassmen against seniors from Maryland, Virginia and the District.

The girls’ game will be Saturday at St. John’s College High School and will begin at 7 p.m.

The U.S. Futures all-star team features All-Met Player of the Year Azzi Fudd, a freshman at St. John’s regarded as one of the nation’s top recruits.

Joining Fudd on the team is Paige Bueckers, the Gatorade Player of the Year in Minnesota. Bueckers played with Fudd on the U.S. Under-16 team in 2017, and the two are close friends. Bueckers, a top point guard in the Class of 2020, will stay with Fudd for the weekend.

Samantha Brunelle, a Notre Dame commitment for the Class of 2019 and the Virginia Player of the Year from William Monroe High in Standardsville, will also be participating.

Capital Classic all-star hoops showcase to have first girls’ game in 45-year history
tenor.gif

Reaction Score
Great catch Slu. Let's get Caitlin Clark added to the UCONN recruiting page quickly-she a keeper!

Not saying Uconn's not interested but unfortunately no mention in this interview with her high school coach:

From Des Moines Register Feb 2018

Dowling Catholic practices and games draw Division I scouts. Coach Kristin Meyer said seven of the top 10 nationally ranked teams have watched her. At a home game against powerhouse Bishop Miege of Shawnee Mission, Kansas, about a dozen coaches sat in the bleachers of the West Des Moines school

A who's-who of women's colleges have contacted the Clark family or made the trek to the West Des Moines school: Iowa, Iowa State and Drake, along with coaches of top-10 teams Notre Dame, Oregon and UCLA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom