2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 124 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
MaxPreps All-American Teams. A bit of a west coast bias but interesting none the less. Nine UConn players or reported targets.

2017-18 MaxPreps High School Girls Basketball All-American Team - MaxPreps
CW is the unanimous #1.

Haley Jones defines versatility.

I didn’t think that either Hull sister or the youngest Mabrey was that good.

Props to Boston for 2nd team!

Top 10 for Fudd is about right. She’s THAT good.

I’d take Austin over Owusu, having seen both. They’ll play together for Brenda in 2 years.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I didn’t think that either Hull sister or the youngest Mabrey was that good.

Bear in mind:

upload_2018-4-10_10-16-16.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One thing that I’m seeing is the next generation of players. Maya added an incredible athleticism and strength. Moriah set the standard for speed. Gabby was a near-Olympian who became an incredibly versatile basketball player.

Looking at the high school players, I see 3 noteworthy kids.

Aquira DeCosta is a little raw and out of control, but she looks like a quicker version of Nneka. She was almost playing at the speed of the AA boys game. Very fun to watch, with a little frustration.

Jordan Horston combines speed, athleticism, and length. She’s a lockdown defender at guard at about 6’1”. Geno is looking at her. I think he can mold her, as he did with Gabby. She has the potential to defend like Kia, maybe better.

Laeticia Amihere, the dunker, is insanely athletic. She also has size. Her game is raw and shooting needs work, but her quickness and vertical are as good as there is in the girls’ game.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Correct. I saw and understood that.

Just making sure :) I don't know about Hull but I assume she is there because her team crushed. Though she is rated pretty high (#16) by Hoopgurlz and top-50 by all the other services.

As has been discussed frequently in the non-UConn threads, Dara Mabrey is one hell of a high school player. Charlie and Dillon can cite chapter and verse on her accomplishments, which include 2 NJ Tournament of Champions wins. The first was as a freshman on a team where Marina was the star. But this year she won it as the star (or at least co-star with Maryland commit Faith Masonius)

My guess is that if she were 2 or 3 inches taller, Dara would be on every All-American team there is.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just making sure :) I don't know about Hull but I assume she is there because her team crushed. Though she is rated pretty high (#16) by Hoopgurlz and top-50 by all the other services.

As has been discussed frequently in the non-UConn threads, Dara Mabrey is one hell of a high school player. Charlie and Dillon can cite chapter and verse on her accomplishments, which include 2 NJ Tournament of Champions wins. The first was as a freshman on a team where Marina was the star. But this year she won it as the star (or at least co-star with Maryland commit Faith Masonius)

My guess is that if she were 2 or 3 inches taller, Dara would be on every All-American team there is.
I didn’t see Hull as top 5, based on anything I had read.

I thought Dara was the least of the sisters, but maybe it’s just that she’s the shortest.

Reaction Score

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
What does Hull need to do to impress? She was the best player on one of the most dominant teams in the country. They just won the National invitational tournament. She scored 56 points and grabbed 23 rebounds in the two games. Seems decent?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
USA Today HSS posts AA teams, incl CW and ONO, as well as several prospects frequently discussed on the board, eg, HJ (first team) and SB (second team)

2017-18 American Family Insurance ALL-USA Girls Basketball Teams

Christyn Williams' basketball hero?

Basketball hero: Diamond DeShields, who went to North Carolina and transferred to Tennessee. I used to watch YouTube videos of players growing up and she was the one who caught my attention. I got to meet her at USA (Basketball) and she came to one of my AAU games. We’ve developed a relationship over the years.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What does Hull need to do to impress? She was the best player on one of the most dominant teams in the country. They just won the National invitational tournament. She scored 56 points and grabbed 23 rebounds in the two games. Seems decent?
Max prep has her on the first team. What were you expecting, POY? She has definitely impressed me in the ESPN tournament. Would have like to see her in one of the All Star games also.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
One thing that I’m seeing is the next generation of players. Maya added an incredible athleticism and strength. Moriah set the standard for speed. Gabby was a near-Olympian who became an incredibly versatile basketball player.

Looking at the high school players, I see 3 noteworthy kids.

Aquira DeCosta is a little raw and out of control, but she looks like a quicker version of Nneka. She was almost playing at the speed of the AA boys game. Very fun to watch, with a little frustration.

Jordan Horston combines speed, athleticism, and length. She’s a lockdown defender at guard at about 6’1”. Geno is looking at her. I think he can mold her, as he did with Gabby. She has the potential to defend like Kia, maybe better.

Laeticia Amihere, the dunker, is insanely athletic. She also has size. Her game is raw and shooting needs work, but her quickness and vertical are as good as there is in the girls’ game.
UCONN won't get Amihere. It is not yet legal to have two dunkers on the same WCBB team.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Max prep has her on the first team. What were you expecting, POY? She has definitely impressed me in the ESPN tournament. Would have like to see her in one of the All Star games also.

Milford is unconvinced, per above posts.

I also would've liked to have seen her in one of the All Star games.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Funny but not too many true point guards. Several who can play the position but few that can control a game with their decision making versus shooting. I only see one on Huskies-if Geno agrees maybe he is recruiting another.
Geno once said he recruits guards, not point guards or shooting guards. He's always been about versatility and prefers players that can play more than one spot.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ah.. I see. @MilfordHusky she is legit. Well schooled and fundamentally sound at everything. POY in the state where VanLith plays. If I did not know she was going to Stanford before the game, I knew after about 5 minutes because the basketball IQ was very evident. If she were coming to UCONN she would be comporable to Kia Nurse in that you can plug her right in and not miss a beat.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
<<In CW's picture for this it appears as though she has a long tattoo down the inside of her left forearm. That's gonna take a big band-aid.>>

A half sleeve would probably be more comfortable and less distracting.....unless the tat in question is a temp (can't remember the term for them).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I need to look more closely. I didn’t say she was undeserving. I just hadn’t seen anything else saying she was that good.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Haley Jones would appear to be down to 10 schools:

UConn, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Texas, Duke, Louisville, Oregon, Stanford, Cal, and UCLA.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Haley Jones would appear to be down to 10 schools:

UConn, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Texas, Duke, Louisville, Oregon, Stanford, Cal, and UCLA.
Is that next year’s top 10 rankings? ;)

I don’t see any major surprises there. We know she’s a smart kid, and Tennessee is absent from her list.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Is that next year’s top 10 rankings? ;)

I don’t see any major surprises there. We know she’s a smart kid, and Tennessee is absent from her list.
And no Baylor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom