2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 121 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Think the last week can't get any worse? That's Paige Bueckers in the gray hoodie at the 22/23 second mark:

I can’t identify who it is, but I trust you.

It’s not great, but it was an exciting play and it wasn’t against UConn. Plus, she’s wearing grey and not green. Paige is a sophomore and seems to be divided between ND and UConn, possibly others.

How many player does ND have in the WNBA—Achonwa, Skylar, and KMac? Maybe one other? UConn has 12-13 and maybe 15 this season. How many does ND have on Team USA—maybe Skylar? We have 3 for sure and maybe 5-6.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I would say many here are caught up in a combination of UConn entitlement and just wishful thinking....those players you mentioned have so much potential and are so darn talented that to see them tutored by anyone other then the master would be a total injustice to the BB universe........now me....... I'm just down right greedy....
We definitely need to be careful about having a sense of entitlement. It’s not an attractive quality. We have been very fortunate and need to recognize that.

In terms of developing players, I think that Geno and staff are definitely the best. Some great players might be even greater if they had played at UConn, but it’s hard to say that Britney, Elena, Skylar, and Chiney aren’t very good players. Note that Elena, Seimone, Angel, and others say they learned a lot from Geno on Team USA. They were already great players, and he taught them even more.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Think the last week can't get any worse? That's Paige Bueckers in the gray hoodie at the 22/23 second mark:

Nah.jpg

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Well Southie it's a shame that Texas WBB hasn't won an NC for a while..your recruiting classes have really suffered tremendously because of it...:rolleyes:
Not sure you got that I was being completely facetious in my reply to CTisballers. Or, maybe I'm not getting your sarcasm.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
How many player does ND have in the WNBA—Achonwa, Skylar, and KMac? Maybe one other? UConn has 12-13 and maybe 15 this season. How many does ND have on Team USA—maybe Skylar? We have 3 for sure and maybe 5-6.

Achowna, Allen, Diggins, Loyd, McBride, Peters

Skylar ought to be on team USA and hopefully Loyd and McBride get looks in the future, too. K-Mac has had a lot of success in the international game playing for Yakin Dogu in Turkey (currently in semi-finals of Euroleague).

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I can’t identify who it is, but I trust you.

It’s not great, but it was an exciting play and it wasn’t against UConn. Plus, she’s wearing grey and not green. Paige is a sophomore and seems to be divided between ND and UConn, possibly others.

To to be clear, her father pointed out that it's her. I guess/hope she would've stayed for a UConn title attempt as well.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Achowna, Allen, Diggins, Loyd, McBride, Peters

Skylar ought to be on team USA and hopefully Loyd and McBride get looks in the future, too. K-Mac has had a lot of success in the international game playing for Yakin Dogu in Turkey (currently in semi-finals of Euroleague).
Thanks. For some reason, I keep forgetting about Jewell. Lindsay was cut, but was recalled when an opening arose. I like her game, but I’m not sure if she’ll stick. I forgot about Dev after she left Minnesota. She seems to be on the cusp in terms of sticking. The other 3 guards are stars of varying magnitudes.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t read too much into the video of Paige. Remember how she and Boston were reacting at the UConn game earlier in the season?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not sure you got that I was being completely facetious in my reply to CTisballers. Or, maybe I'm not getting your sarcasm.

no I got your's but you didn't get mine.........;)

Reaction Score
I agree they were both outcoached and outplayed. But each person or recruits interpretation of that might be different.
First of all, don't discount Geno and CD's 11 NC dwarf MM and ND's now two. No doubt MM is a great coach and ND a strong program but they are now loaded with four coming back from injuries plus recruits plus those still left.
I think with our somewhat depleted roster and KLS and Pheesa graduating next year, there's a lot more opportunity at U Conn. And to get to play for the greatest program and coach in women's college bb if not all of sports. I am assuming Geno and CD and the other will evaluate these last two very painful losses and figure out his and the other coaches parts in this and make some adjustments.
While she hasn't played a moment of college ball CW brings many things we haven't had in quite awhile. An off guard with both the game and the attitude to potentially star. This is with CD alongside of her at the point for two years, which was at least part of why CW decided to attend U Conn.
I don't expect another NC for maybe the next two years but after that, assuming Geno doesn't retire, watch out for the next wave.
Bronx23
Not sure how to break this to you, but the 2018 recruits are basically set in stone. No one is going to UConn or ND in that class that hasn't already signed. The classes 2019 and beyond are what you should be worried about. So yes, this upcoming UConn is more and ND is more loaded. After next season, KLS and NC will graduate and ND loses every starter except Young. There's a lot of openings for 2019 recruits in the rotation of the two best coached teams in the country.

Reaction Score

Probably doesn’t mean anything, but...
Paige plays her AAU ball for North Tartan. Arike O played AAU ball for North Tartan.
Perhaps they know each other? Perhaps Arike’s shoutout to recruits after the game had a specific target?

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t read too much into the video of Paige. Remember how she and Boston were reacting at the UConn game earlier in the season?

I would. I think Bueckers, Brunelle, and Fudd are all going to end up in South Bend.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I would. I think Bueckers, Brunelle, and Fudd are all going to end up in South Bend.

Why do you think that? The photos of them in ND apparel?

Brunelle wouldn't shock me at all at this point. But the other two aren't likely to make a decision for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 years.

Reaction Score
Well.... ND can’t get them all. It’s way too much talent to even be focus on Brunelle and Paige. I’ll be happy with Boston and A. Griffin

Reaction Score
Why do you think that? The photos of them in ND apparel?

Brunelle wouldn't shock me at all at this point. But the other two aren't likely to make a decision for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 years.

That as well the reactions of Brunelle and Bueckers to ND winning the NC, the multiple "likes" of pro ND tweets by Brunelle, and just a gut feeling.

Reaction Score
Well.... ND can’t get them all. It’s way too much talent to even be focus on Brunelle and Paige. I’ll be happy with Boston and A. Griffin

Boston is a player but IMHO Griffin is not in that Top tier of players. The fact that her surgically repaired ACL is still giving her trouble is also a Red Flag to me.

Reaction Score
Boston is a player but IMHO Griffin is not in that Top tier of players. The fact that her surgically repaired ACL is still giving her trouble is also a Red Flag to me.
Gabby had 2 ACL and look how she turned out. With her skills and Geno You never know how good players is going to be unless your D, Maya or Bre. Ohh im nit a Lady Vol fan but Holdsclaw and C Parker.
Please win another one #Lou&Pheese
Talent is sure catching up in woman’s basketball

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Did not realize that this was the case with Aubrey. Also not sure UCONN would consider an ACL as a red flag because Amihere also has an ACl tear.

Reaction Score
Did not realize that this was the case with Aubrey. Also not sure UCONN would consider an ACL as a red flag because Amihere also has an ACl tear.
It's not the ACL injury so much as it's the fact that it is still an issue for her and still causing her pain.

Reaction Score
At this point I would not be surprised if we end up with Van Lith, and Boston. I really like Van Lith and I’m ok with Boston.

If we get Boston then we may cool on Watson which I really don’t want to happen. I really like Watson. I believe Watson is more mobile and can play the 4. Not sure if they can play together but I would think so.

I haven’t heard a lot of maddie Burke mentioned. She’s solid too.

Listen if we lose SB it really hurts cause there’s not many out there that has her skill set. I will continue to cross my fingers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom