2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 120 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
If Bueckers was at the game last night and saw a depleted ND team out coach and out play a stacked UConn team.....We have a snowballs chance in he'll of signing here, Brunelle or Fudd. I am a huge UConn fan and still can't figure out why we didn't win by at least 10. Rough rough years ahead :(
Yikes! They make meds for this condition (In my case, bourbon). Too many undefeated seasons and too many girls going into Pros and having successful careers. Being coached by several Hall of Famers. Boy, things are really tough at UConn ;)

Reaction Score
I don't like ND, but the win against Uconn and than claiming the championship pushed ND to the top of ALOT of recruits lists. Bueckers, Brunelle, and Fudd will go to ND

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't like ND, but the win against Uconn and than claiming the championship pushed ND to the top of ALOT of recruits lists. Bueckers, Brunelle, and Fudd will go to ND
If that were true some of these same recruits were at UCONN when UCONN beat ND, why didn't they commit to UCONN then?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Winning Championships is certainly important and valuable, but I don't think it's the ultimate factor in most recruiting battles. Has South Carolina seen a big uptick in recruiting since winning the '17 Title? Doesn't seem like it. Baylor is recruiting as well as anybody, they haven't won a Title or even been to the Final 4 or a while. And how do you explain Tennessee? Haven't been to the Final 4 in a decade, yet keep bringing in big time talent on a regular basis. Also Texas? What have they really done? They've been killing it on the recruiting trail in recent years as well. Or maybe Notre Dame is gonna get every recruit in the '19, '20 and '21 classes. Luckily there are scholarship limitations.

Reaction Score

Says you? Time will tell.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well, ND winning the Championship certainly couldn't have hurt. I continue to believe ND is in good position with Brunelle as I did before the Final Four. We know that Brunelle is tight with Bueckers and Fudd. So I'm optimistic.

These days (see Brown, Jenna and Collier, Charli), I'm not counting my metaphorical chickens until signing day. So who knows.

I think ND is kind of in a sweet spot with respect to 2019 recruiting. Mabrey, Ogunbowale, Shepard, and Turner are gone after next year. So there will be the opportunity to get immediate minutes. On the other hand, Young, Vaughn, Patterson, Gilbert, and Nixon will be there and Peoples is already committed. So it's not as if the cupboard will be bare. An elite 2019 recruit could reasonably expect to be a rotation player on a pretty good team as a freshman.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Well, ND winning the Championship certainly couldn't have hurt. I continue to believe ND is in good position with Brunelle as I did before the Final Four. We know that Brunelle is tight with Bueckers and Fudd. So I'm optimistic.

These days (see Brown, Jenna and Collier, Charli), I'm not counting my metaphorical chickens until signing day. So who knows.

I think ND is kind of in a sweet spot with respect to 2019 recruiting. Mabrey, Ogunbowale, Shepard, and Turner are gone after next year. So there will be the opportunity to get immediate minutes. On the other hand, Young, Vaughn, Patterson, Gilbert, and Nixon will be there and Peoples is already committed. So it's not as if the cupboard will be bare. An elite 2019 recruit could reasonably expect to be a rotation player on a pretty good team as a freshman.
I guess UConn will have a team of walk ons.

Reaction Score
So if Uconn wins the Championship next year does that means Bueckers, Brunelle and Fudd jumps back on Uconn bandwagon???

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Anyone else wondering how last nights' loss may impact this recruiting class? Will they be loathe to join a program that couldn't get it done two years in a row or would they think that they could be part of returning UConn to the national championship stage?

What say you.
Well that would leave out every team but S. Carolina and ND. But I suppose, Texas, Baylor, Louisville, Oregon, Stanford, UCONN, Maryland, Tennessee etc. etc. etc. are still gonna get recruits.

So probably not much of an effect.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Raoul has tweeted that UConn and Louisville are her top 2. I heard there was a 3rd school on her list. Raoul says she did not have an offer from UConn as of 3 weeks ago. Hoopgurlz does not list Aubrey in their top 60. MaxPreps lists her at 145, obviously low for UConn.
She's not in Bluestars Top 70 or Prospect Nations Top 100. Not sure she's really UCONN level. Granted things may change when they update their lists, but not sure why all the hoopla about her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She's not in Bluestars Top 70 or Prospect Nations Top 100. Not sure she's really UCONN level. Granted things may change when they update their lists, but not sure why all the hoopla about her.
Agreed said something similar in another post. Aubrey visited UCONN on first night in 2016. I think if UCONN were that interested an offer would have been extended by now and likely accepted.

Reaction Score
I guess UConn will have a team of walk ons.

that would be really great!!....................the Huskies could finally get rid of the "UConn gets all of the best recruits" argument.....................of course it would create a whole new argument....................."UConn gets all of the best walk ons".............

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Somehow I doubt that.

Dunno, based on this thread it looks like one loss to ND is driving all of UConn’s targets away. Destined to come up empty. We are so yesterday.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Dunno, based on this thread it looks like one loss to ND is driving all of UConn’s targets away. Destined to come up empty. We are so yesterday.

For most of this thread, folks have been practically sizing Brunelle, Bueckers, Fudd, Jones, Amihere, and Boston for jerseys. I'm thinking the truth is probably somewhere between "We are getting every single target we want" and "We are not getting even one target we want".

Reaction Score
If Bueckers was at the game last night and saw a depleted ND team out coach and out play a stacked UConn team.....We have a snowballs chance in he'll of signing here, Brunelle or Fudd. I am a huge UConn fan and still can't figure out why we didn't win by at least 10. Rough rough years ahead :(
I agree they were both outcoached and outplayed. But each person or recruits interpretation of that might be different.
First of all, don't discount Geno and CD's 11 NC dwarf MM and ND's now two. No doubt MM is a great coach and ND a strong program but they are now loaded with four coming back from injuries plus recruits plus those still left.
I think with our somewhat depleted roster and KLS and Pheesa graduating next year, there's a lot more opportunity at U Conn. And to get to play for the greatest program and coach in women's college bb if not all of sports. I am assuming Geno and CD and the other will evaluate these last two very painful losses and figure out his and the other coaches parts in this and make some adjustments.
While she hasn't played a moment of college ball CW brings many things we haven't had in quite awhile. An off guard with both the game and the attitude to potentially star. This is with CD alongside of her at the point for two years, which was at least part of why CW decided to attend U Conn.
I don't expect another NC for maybe the next two years but after that, assuming Geno doesn't retire, watch out for the next wave.
Bronx23

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
For most of this thread, folks have been practically sizing Brunelle, Bueckers, Fudd, Jones, Amihere, and Boston for jerseys. I'm thinking the truth is probably somewhere between "We are getting every single target we want" and "We are not getting even one target we want".
I should have used my joking emoji.

Reaction Score
I think they may well not get Brunelle but don't think it changes Bueckers or Fuzz's choice either way that much!
Some will want to come to U Conn to begin the next wave of championships.
MM as great as she is a coach and I believe she's 2nd to Geno, has only now won two championships and the prior one was many years ago.
Bronx23
that would be really great!!.....the Huskies could finally get rid of the "UConn gets all of the best recruits" argument......of course it would create a whole new argument......"UConn gets all of the best walk ons"...

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I would say many here are caught up in a combination of UConn entitlement and just wishful thinking...................those players you mentioned have so much potential and are so darn talented that to see them tutored by anyone other then the master would be a total injustice to the BB universe.......................now me................. I'm just down right greedy.........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Think the last week can't get any worse? That's Paige Bueckers in the gray hoodie at the 22/23 second mark:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom