2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 118 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
I went back and checked, could not find a single proposed starting lineup for 2018-19 season which included Ezi.

I got to hand it to you. You are such a unique poster on here. I just wanted to lend you justine guy's shoulder cause I know you were so Pro Ezi yet we still seem to never find a common ground.
IDK Coco, I just DK.

Reaction Score
Not sure that this is entirely true.

Ezi Magbegor is a long and agile faceup-4 (power forward). Sam Brunelle is a versatile perimeter threat, but primarily a 3 (small forward) in college. They do not play the same position, and UConn is not in a scholarship crunch.

Now, perhaps Brunelle is concerned about her role on the team, with the talent of Williams, Walker, Nelson-Ododa, and Magbegor (with a senior Dangerfield at the point). Certainly a possibility. But a commitment from Ezi does not necessarily correlate to a "cooling down" on Brunelle (assuming that UConn has, in fact, "cooled down" on Brunelle).
I’m not for sure if we cooled down on her that’s why I said IF. So playing time can be a issue for her. Maybe she can and will play right away somewhere else but I do see her getting major minutes regardless who’s on the team.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Don't know if UConn is still interested in Charisma Osborne but here's a video of her:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't think we ever had a shot with Brunelle, that is why Coach Auriemma backed off on recruiting her hard. Coach Auriemma has said multiple times that his recruiting method is to find the players that are a fit, have shown interest in UConn, and then go after them real hard and to not waste time on players you have no chance of getting. I think Brunelle is a huge ND lean and that is why UConn is not recruiting her as hard anymore. You have to remember these coaches hear a lot more than we do.

I think UConn ends up with Amihere, Jones, and Boston for the 2019 class.
I’d like to have Sam too, but that’s a fabulous trio!!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It is not every day girls basketball players in Western New York receive attention from the top Division I colleges, but Amari DeBerry is not your typical player.

The 6-foot-5 freshman forward/center from Williamsville South has received interest from between 25 to 30 Division I schools, including 2017 national champion South Carolina, Connecticut, Louisville, West Virginia, Virginia, Notre Dame, Florida and UCLA.

DeBerry led the Lady Billies with 473 points (18.92 per game) and 105 blocks (4.2), was second with 225 rebounds (9), and third with 65 steals (2.6). She also handed out 25 assists.

DeBerry, who will turn 15 this summer, will stay busy in the offseason. She will play for the Philadelphia Belles 17U Elite Youth Basketball League — one of the nation’s premiere travel programs — and is trying out for the 2018 U17 USA junior national team in May at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado, with the hopes of competing in the International Basketball Federation’s U17 World Cup in Minsk, Belarus, July 21-29.

2018 Girls All-Bee Team | www.amherstbee.com | The Amherst Bee

Reaction Score
Boston has been to a few UConn games this season, does anyone know if she’s appeared on any other college campus as often as she was at UConn?

Reaction Score
placing this here because I think UConn scouted her a while back......no idea if there is any current interest

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if any 2019's take official visits to UConn this spring. (and verbal immediately after)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
placing this here because I think UConn scouted her a while back.no idea if there is any current interest

I don't think there is. She never mentioned UConn when listing her favorite schools at one point a few months ago. It feels like Tennessee or South Carolina to me. Can't count Texas out either the way they collect all-americans.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if any 2019's take official visits to UConn this spring. (and verbal immediately after)
Official visits can start on 5 April 2018, if things work according to plan any 2019 UCONN recruits that is interested can be part of the a major celebration on the UCONN campus that week. Just so we are clear one of the frat houses is allegedly planning a bond fire on campus for that day.
wink.png

Reaction Score
Official visits can start on 5 April 2018, if things work according to plan any 2019 UCONN recruits that is interested can be part of the a major celebration on the UCONN campus that week. Just so we are clear one of the frat houses is allegedly planning a bond fire on campus for that day.
View attachment 30248

When I was on campus we set the west campus quad swing on fire and we proceeded to have a 300 lb student jump in and out of the fire all while chanting " roast the pig, roast the pig ". Those were the days. Celebrating the victory against duke 2000.

Reaction Score
When I was on campus we set the west campus quad swing on fire and we proceeded to have a 300 lb student jump in and out of the fire all while chanting " roast the pig, roast the pig ". Those were the days. Celebrating the victory against duke 2000.

wow that 300 lb guy was quite a sport or just very, very drunk

Reaction Score
wow that 300 lb guy was quite a sport or just very, very drunk

Happiest kid I've ever met. Never had so much attention in his life. We all did some crazy stuff that night and I had a Disposal camara on me! Yup how funny is that. Got pictures to prove it all

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom