2019-20 NON-Uconn WCBB News | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2019-20 NON-Uconn WCBB News

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I was surprised a WNBA GM said they'd explicitly would take her over Sabrina, Satou, & Cox who are currently projected top 3. As to your AA reference, they didn't even mention Ruthy who had similar Freshman stats as Boston and her stats have improved every year where her FG% i now up to 68.5%. She also was a 1st team AA this year Wouldn't that make her top 5?

Boston would likely be the #1 or #2 pick in the draft if any collegiate player could declare right now. 2nd Team All American, SEC DPOY, and best player on the #1 team in the country all as a freshman. Similar to the ONO/Cox debate, numbers dont tell the story for Boston. As a physical specimen she is like McCowan with her strength, length and great hands but is more nimble than Big T and has better shooting touch. I think her game compares well to Sylvia Fowles. I'd still take Sabrina over her but I think she's a no brainer pick over Sabally/Hebard who are older and closer to reaching their potential. GMs can often times scout talent early. Especially if a player is a standout from a young age. Players who were studs as freshmen like Wilson, Stewart, Ionescu, and Deshields impressed right off the bat and wouldve been high picks as freshmen.

Last edited:

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I don’t think Watson, Dugalic, or Parrish won a state championship. All of ended their seasons with losses in the playoffs.

Kentucky did not finish their state tournament.

I am quite certain that they did, but in 2018-2019, not 2019-2020. I should have made that clear.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Another '21 guard from Colorado commits this week. Payton Muma to Gonzaga.

Reaction Score
Taylor Jones of Oregon State practicing at home (Dallas, TX) during the crisis. Shows fluid motion and ability to dunk the ball at start of video and twice more towards the end of the video (2 minute mark). Hitting 15 foot jump shots too...of course it's much easier when relaxed and not being guarded. Not bad for the 9th best freshman as rated by ESPN.
www.instagram.com/tv/B-rlt90pbad/?igshid=1cdn0y1ujw0yq

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oregon Bound Kylee Watson wins 2020 JSZ Miss Hoop Zone

temp.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Taylor Jones of Oregon State practicing at home (Dallas, TX) during the crisis. Shows fluid motion and ability to dunk the ball at start of video and twice more towards the end of the video (2 minute mark). Hitting 15 foot jump shots too...of course it's much easier when relaxed and not being guarded. Not bad for the 9th best freshman as rated by ESPN.
www.instagram.com/tv/B-rlt90pbad/?igshid=1cdn0y1ujw0yq
Jones played exclusively at the 5 for Oregon State this past season. If she can hone her skills to play at the 4, you might see a lineup with the 6'4" Jones and either 6'9" Mitrovic or 6'7" Morris on the court together. With all of the height the Beavers have recruited to Corvallis the past three years it would be nice for two or more to be on the court at the same time next year. Speculation in Corvallis is that 6'6" sophomore-to-be Kennedy Brown will redshirt during the '20-'21 season after having surgery in March to repair a torn ACL.

Reaction Score

Why on earth would they schedule South Carolina-Iowa State?

Baylor or Texas would have made more sense as a showcase game for the sport and the event.

I suppose it was scheduled before Vic left, but that would have been a pretty obvious storyline.

I wonder if Vic is going to schedule up now he's at Texas? Probably not for awhile, I suppose. But I'm good for making it annual event.

Reaction Score
Announcing the inaugural 2020 Battle 4 Atlantis Women's Tournament. The field will include Central Michigan, Marquette, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Florida, and Syracuse.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Why on earth would they schedule South Carolina-Iowa State?

Baylor or Texas would have made more sense as a showcase game for the sport and the event.

I suppose it was scheduled before Vic left, but that would have been a pretty obvious storyline.

I wonder if Vic is going to schedule up now he's at Texas? Probably not for awhile, I suppose. But I'm good for making it annual event.

Texas would’ve made sense. Baylor was unlikely sense we played them in a tournament last season. If you’re gonna keep playing the same team in a tournament every year then you may as well schedule a series and stop beating around the bush.

Are we done with our series vs. Maryland? If so we need to renew it. I would like to see us restart a series with either UCLA or Stanford as well. Stanford got us before we REALLY became who we are today... they had the Ogwumike sisters and were pound for pound way more talented than us during that series.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Texas would’ve made sense. Baylor was unlikely sense we played them in a tournament last season. If you’re gonna keep playing the same team in a tournament every year then you may as well schedule a series and stop beating around the bush.

Are we done with our series vs. Maryland? If so we need to renew it. I would like to see us restart a series with either UCLA or Stanford as well. Stanford got us before we REALLY became who we are today... they had the Ogwumike sisters and were pound for pound way more talented than us during that series.

Well you could have played Stanford in the 2014 Elite 8, but you know :cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
VPI lost one of their assistant coaches last week. She took the head coaching job at Queens College (Charlotte)

My Royals :rolleyes:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
VPI lost one of their assistant coaches last week. She took the head coaching job at Queens College (Charlotte)

My Royals :rolleyes:

Did VPI or Virginia Tech lose their coach to Queens? Or are they the same school?

Reaction Score
Oregon WBB coach Kelly Graves on podcast discussing incoming recruiting class.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom