2018 wins needed for NCAA bid | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2018 wins needed for NCAA bid

Reaction Score
I agree!

I was shouted down when I suggested it last time though haha
I saw that. In defense of the poster who did that, I think they mistakenly thought you said to give up a home series

Reaction Score
If UConn is fortunate enough to host a regional I think the best option is Dunkin Donuts Park. Currently the Yard Goats are home against Altoona. I think it’d be mutually beneficial to both UConn and the Yard Goats to see if Altoona and Hartford can swap a later home series.

If I remember correctly they only play Altoona the first two weekends in June. There are no later series. They would have to swap weekends - not sure about the logistics.

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly they only play Altoona the first two weekends in June. There are no later series. They would have to swap weekends - not sure about the losisgics.
You’re right. So that option wouldn’t work either. If I remember correctly schools have to submit hosting sights. They would have to prepare for the possibility of Supers as well. It’d be an absolute shame if UConn’s inability to provide one of their more successful programs with proper facilities prevented them from hosting.

Reaction Score
Remember, UConn hosted the 2010 regionals in Norwich. It drew quite well there. With Hartford not available, I see no reason why Dodd Stadium could not be used again if UConn was selected as a host school. I'm a Connecticut Tiger season ticket holder, and I would love to see this happen.

Reaction Score
You’re right. So that option wouldn’t work either. If I remember correctly schools have to submit hosting sights. They would have to prepare for the possibility of Supers as well. It’d be an absolute shame if UConn’s inability to provide one of their more successful programs with proper facilities prevented them from hosting.

Norwich is available the first two weekends in June. Worked fine (except outcome) in 2010. Work hotel packages out w/ Mohegan Sun/Foxwoods ;)

Too much baseball left to play to lose sleep over it.

Reaction Score
I agree!

Me disagreeing with you is shouting you down? That's a new one on me.

Reaction Score
Remember, UConn hosted the 2010 regionals in Norwich. It drew quite well there. With Hartford not available, I see no reason why Dodd Stadium could not be used again if UConn was selected as a host school. I'm a Connecticut Tiger season ticket holder, and I would love to see this happen.

If push comes to shove, they will figure something out.

I, for one, love the idea of LSU playing at Storrs haha

Reaction Score
Me disagreeing with you is shouting you down? That's a new one on me.

I pictured you hammering away at your keyboard, steam coming out of you ears.

Repeating "I hate Guapo" over and over...

;)

Reaction Score
LSU playing in Storrs would be hilarious. Not having lights pretty much kills the the whole bit in Storrs.
I pictured you hammering away at your keyboard, steam coming out of you ears.

Repeating "I hate Guapo" over and over...

;)

A new mantra!

Reaction Score
Have to say, I never expected the idea of playing at Fenway for the regional. The NCAA would probably love this, but if Connecticut is hosting, it should be held in state.

Reaction Score
Have to say, I never expected the idea of playing at Fenway for the regional. The NCAA would probably love this, but if Connecticut is hosting, it should be held in state.

Shhh...if you post too loudly you'll get the "UConn should play more sports in Bridgeport" crowd over here.

You don't want that.

Reaction Score
Shhh...if you post too loudly you'll get the "UConn should play more sports in Bridgeport" crowd over here.

You don't want that.

*whispers" is New Britain Stadium available?

Reaction Score

You don't want that.

The Bridgeport ballpark is closed and is being turned into a music venue only.

Reaction Score
I checked the New Britain Bees schedule. They are away that weekend.

It really wouldn't be the absolute worst option

Oops, I am a bit wrong. The Bees have a home game on that Monday, and those regionals usually go Friday through Monday. So not totally available.

Reaction Score
College Baseball Projected Field Of 64 (April 18, 2018)

UConn as #2 seed in Raleigh North Carolina

>> A second American Athletic Conference team could join East Carolina as hosts, but with the conference so bunched up – 1.5 games separate the top eight teams in the standings – it’s hard to predict whether Connecticut, South Florida or Wichita State can emerge from the pack.<<

Reaction Score
I agree!

You're both wrong. Playing at DDP would benefit only UCONN. It's not like New Britain's and Norwich's stadium(s) are available with no fuss no muss, right? Oh wait...

Reaction Score
You're both wrong. Playing at DDP would benefit only UCONN. It's not like New Britain's and Norwich's stadium(s) are available with no fuss no muss, right? Oh wait...
How would it benefit only UConn?

You don’t think having 5 additional games of revenue is beneficial to the Yard Goats.

Reaction Score
If push comes to shove, they will figure something out.

I, for one, love the idea of LSU playing at Storrs haha

It would most likely be Norwich. I checked and New Britain is only available for the 1st weekend in June, the Bees are home during the Supers.

Reaction Score
How would it benefit only UConn?

You don’t think having 5 additional games of revenue is beneficial to the Yard Goats.

Because it costs money to open the park and staff all those games. The revenue would be negligible. It's just not worth it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom