2018 wins needed for NCAA bid | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2018 wins needed for NCAA bid

Reaction Score
Am I imagining it, or does this team seem to be in roughly this position every year? Bubble team, that either just gets in or just misses the cut. I was encouraged that they haven't blown any of the should win New England games yet. But we need some solid conference wins.

I believe that college baseball is designed to handicap northern teams.

Reaction Score
Right now, UConn projector to be in “Next Four Out”.

Really, it all depends on how UConn does in the AAC. I'm thinking this projection is mainly off of losing their first AAC series of the season against USF. If the Huskies finish in the top 4 of the conference and maintain an RPI of under 35 or so, they are probably in pretty good shape to make the NCAA tourney. If they start dropping several of these weekend matchups, then all bets are off the table.

Reaction Score
Hello everyone, just want to update you a few things below.

(1) With cancelled games , I am revising goals below slightly. Does not seem like these games will be made up

(2) I will not be able to update chart till April 16th. My wife and I are finally going to Italy after 32 years of me promising. I thought about having others update chart while I am away, but did not want to mess with the mojo. I am Italian, so I believe in jinx's.

(3) During this tough next 7 game stretch, I am hoping we go ( at minimum) 4 -3. This gets our record to 19 - 12 ( .593), which is very close to our overall winning % goal

(4) I am hoping to be able to follow team thru boneyard and Twitter. So any updates by you guys will be greatly appreciated

Go Huskies

Current record.. season goal
1 - 2 / .333 % .... 14 - 10 / .583 % - AAC regular season
0- 0 / .000% .... 2 - 2 / .500 - AAC tourney
5- 0 / 1.000% ... 11 - 2 / .846 - New England games
9-7/ .562.... 9 - 7/ .562- Other games

Post season Criteria
(1) 15-9 .625 ..... 36-21 / .631 - Overall record

(2) 25... <50- RPI

(3) 7th - Top 4 AAC

CHART Code
red = below goal
green = at or above goal
black = not yet applicable

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hello everyone, just want to update you a few things below.

(1) With cancelled games , I am revising goals below slightly. Does not seem like these games will be made up

(2) I will not be able to update chart till April 16th. My wife and I are finally going to Italy after 32 years of me promising. I thought about having others update chart while I am away, but did not want to mess with the mojo. I am Italian, so I believe in jinx's.

(3) During this tough next 7 game stretch, I am hoping we go ( at minimum) 4 -3. This gets our record to 19 - 12 ( .593), which is very close to our overall winning % goal

(4) I am hoping to be able to follow team thru boneyard and Twitter. So any updates by you guys will be greatly appreciated

Go Huskies

1 - 2 / .333 % .... 14 - 10 / .583 % - AAC regular season
5- 0 / 1.000% ... 11 - 2 / .846 - New England games

Post season Criteria
(1) 15-9 .625 ..... 36-21 / .631 - Overall record

(2) 25... <50- RPI

(3) 7th - Top 4 AAC

CHART Code
red = below goal
green = at or above goal
I enjoy these updates. Thanks for doing them.

Where are you going in Italy?

Reaction Score
How does a tie impact RPI?

RPI moves day to day based on other teams’ outcomes but as of this morning...

UConn went from 20 to 21
Bryant went from 85 to 79

Reaction Score
D1Baseball.com: Sizing Up The RPI Resumes (Premium):

>>Who’s sitting pretty: Connecticut sits at #21 thanks for a 13-9 road record and only five home games. It visits Top 10 RPI Wichita State this weekend as they open another nine-game road swing. They only have seven home games remaining. If they win their share of American games, their RPI should hold steady due to the road bonus. One also has to wonder if they could and should gain favor for completing a schedule with just a dozen home games.<<

Northeastern is also listed (UConn is scheduled to play @ Northeastern on 5/9)

Reaction Score

>>Who’s sitting pretty: Connecticut sits at #21 thanks for a 13-9 road record and only five home games. It visits Top 10 RPI Wichita State this weekend as they open another nine-game road swing. They only have seven home games remaining. If they win their share of American games, their RPI should hold steady due to the road bonus. One also has to wonder if they could and should gain favor for completing a schedule with just a dozen home games.<<

*(whispers)* college baseball is designed to disadvantage northern teams

Reaction Score

Not quite accurate. UConn has 11 home games still to play, 7 in Storrs and 4 in Hartford. Also, with the mention of the 5 already home games played, they are not counting the tie against Bryant as a home game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hello everyone, Back from Italy. Had a great time , but too short. Was not able to follow much game action, but did follow game results.

(1) Thanks to those that did post. Would go back and read posts after I found out results.

(2) Was hoping for a minimum 4 - 3 week, so we did do a bit better at 4 - 2 -1.

(3) Pretty much meeting all our post season goals below ( off on overall record by .002)

(4) Concerned with our injuries to pitchers, some of our lesser used guys are going to need to step up.

(5) Looks like UMASS game tomorrow is postponed. Not sure if we are making it up.

(6) Our next 13 games are vs teams that do not have a winning record. We need to go on a little run here. Just hoping we have enough pitching to do so.

(7) My goal ( at minimum) is to go 9 -4 over next 13 games

Go Huskies

5 - 4 / .556 % .... 14 - 10 / .583 % - AAC regular season
5- 0-1 / .917% ... 11 - 2 / .846 - New England games

Post season Criteria
(1) 19-11-1 .629 ..... 36-21 / .631 - Overall record

(2) 9... <50- RPI

(3) 4th - Top 4 AAC

CHART Code
red = below goal
green = at or above goal

Reaction Score
I looked at the Red Sox schedule. UConn using Fenway as a host sight for regionals would work if the Red Sox organization will allow them, as they are in Houston. Supers would not work if UConn was so fortunate to host a super too

Reaction Score
I looked at the Red Sox schedule. UConn using Fenway as a host sight for regionals would work if the Red Sox organization will allow them, as they are in Houston. Supers would not work if UConn was so fortunate to host a super too

Based on what I know about the Red Sox organization, they'd probably love to host it but I could imagine UConn wanting to stay in-state.

It's a real shame that DD Park is taken. If we we were actually hosting LSU, that would provide a nice lil tourism boost to Hartford. Those fans travel in droves for baseball. Pretty impressive to see, actually.

Reaction Score
Based on what I know about the Red Sox organization, they'd probably love to host it but I could imagine UConn wanting to stay in-state.

It's a real shame that DD Park is taken. If we we were actually hosting LSU, that would provide a nice lil tourism boost to Hartford. Those fans travel in droves for baseball. Pretty impressive to see, actually.
If UConn is fortunate enough to host a regional I think the best option is Dunkin Donuts Park. Currently the Yard Goats are home against Altoona. I think it’d be mutually beneficial to both UConn and the Yard Goats to see if Altoona and Hartford can swap a later home series. It works for UConn because DDP is obviously the best choice to use as a hosting sight. It works for the Yard Goats because there would be roughly 8 games of revenue rather than 3.

Reaction Score
If UConn is fortunate enough to host a regional I think the best option is Dunkin Donuts Park. Currently the Yard Goats are home against Altoona. I think it’d be mutually beneficial to both UConn and the Yard Goats to see if Altoona and Hartford can swap a later home series. It works for UConn because DDP is obviously the best choice to use as a hosting sight. It works for the Yard Goats because there would be roughly 8 games of revenue rather than 3.

I agree!

I was shouted down when I suggested it last time though haha

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom