2018 Season: #TimeToWork > Spring Game 4/14 @ Noon | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2018 Season: #TimeToWork > Spring Game 4/14 @ Noon

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
All is good with rewarding some hard earned gold. Now, if they introduce a green jersey for top sprinters, white with pink polka dots for some type of king of the mountains, or cranberry pants for disastrous results it might go a bit too far.

Last guy to arrive has to practice in cranberry pants.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

Wow...that sounds like a guy who has a potential career in coaching. Gotta love Andre.

RE is doing a great job of bringing back the old players. If you are on the team now...or you are a recruit...you know it isn't just about 4-5 years.....it's more like family, which is forever.

Reaction Score

That's sweet, hear the message - if you can't respond as a college athlete get the hell out of the program!!

Div 1, Div 2, Div 3 that's real talk - I remember such in HS as a Soph/Junior FB player, but more in D2 as a Varsity hockey player each year at Trinity. Get pumped or get punked.

Andre may have passed my favorite husky Danny L as the essence of UConn FB. Love it.

ps Well deserved Avatar change

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Andre ought to give the pre-game pep talk every week. Still like to go back and see the highlights of the ND game. He was a dog.

He doesn’t look like an RB compared to the kids around him... bigger dude than I realized.

Reaction Score
Loved Andre addressing team. Still has that chip on his shoulder. We need that back. Clearly part of reason those teams were good and overachieved in the eyes of many.

Talent is important and many times that can be the most important factor but in football particularly the hard nosed, mentally tough teams can beat more talented teams. In addition at this level the talent “gap” is not as big as perceived.

Reaction Score

Seems to be similar comments from all involved:

>>With a new offense, a new coordinator and a new scheme, the year-over-year transition could have taken some getting used to. However, under OC John Dunn, it’s not as drastic as one would think.

“[The offense] is pretty similar,” Beals said. “It’s just a little bit slowed down, so we have time to think about what we’re about to do. The offense is coming along great, everybody has been getting in their books, getting down on the plays and making sure they know what they’re doing before they come out here.”<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom