2018 Season: #TimeToWork > Spring Game 4/14 @ Noon | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2018 Season: #TimeToWork > Spring Game 4/14 @ Noon

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Is 225 light for a TE? Wouldn't him on the field be a tip for a pass play?

Or are we talking, four/five wide/split end personnel?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Not sure what is up with Twitter, but word is Cespedes is getting OL reps with the first time. Sounds like someone is injured in my opinion.

Reaction Score

Well there's a surprise

If you are trying to direct post ThisIsUConnCountry tweets he has made the account private and they won’t show up here...

You’re gonna have to paraphrase.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
If you are trying to direct post ThisIsUConnCountry tweets he has made the account private and they won’t show up here...

You’re gonna have to paraphrase.
Any idea why it went private? I saw someone mention that a certain account went private in the midst of #HurleyWatch but didn’t know who it was. While I wasn’t always a fan of their views I did appreciate their coverage of their program.

Reaction Score
Any idea why it went private? I saw someone mention that a certain account went private in the midst of #HurleyWatch but didn’t know who it was. While I wasn’t always a fan of their views I did appreciate their coverage of their program.

Probably wants to drive traffic to his new venture/retooled site:

>>“No longer a one-man operation, it's time to rebrand the twitter page. You'll find all #UConnFootball news from #ThisIsUConnCountry & #UConnSportsNation at @UConnSN.

Moving forward, you'll only see UConn sports news. No news. No politics. No life. ONLY #UConn sports. #UConnSN”<<

He did provide decent coverage/inside team access when taken in context.

Reaction Score
Ostrout: UConn football's Fortt is becoming more comfortable with his position on team

>>A 6-foot-1, 189-pound rising sophomore from Stamford, Fortt has impressed the Huskies coaches during the first few spring practices. That wasn’t always the case 12 months ago. “He was a little bit lost in the sauce,” UConn coach Randy Edsall put it. “It took him a little while to pick things up. But now it’s night and day. “He’s more comfortable in his surroundings and in what he’s doing,” Edsall added. “He understands the program and the expectations we have here.”<<

<<Fortt, whose brother Khairi is a free-agent NFL linebacker who played with the Washington Redskins last season, began the spring in a new position. He was the “Husky” linebacker in UConn’s revised defensive scheme. But after a few practices, the coaches moved him back to his more natural safety position. “We moved him to the Husky position and then as we evaluated things between him and Ian (Swenson), we thought it might be better if we put him back at safety,” Edsall said. “And the first day we put him back there, I went to the coaches and said that was the right move.”<<

Reaction Score
Ostrout: UConn football's Fortt is becoming more comfortable with his position on team

>>A 6-foot-1, 189-pound rising sophomore from Stamford, Fortt has impressed the Huskies coaches during the first few spring practices. That wasn’t always the case 12 months ago. “He was a little bit lost in the sauce,” UConn coach Randy Edsall put it. “It took him a little while to pick things up. But now it’s night and day. “He’s more comfortable in his surroundings and in what he’s doing,” Edsall added. “He understands the program and the expectations we have here.”<<

<<Fortt, whose brother Khairi is a free-agent NFL linebacker who played with the Washington Redskins last season, began the spring in a new position. He was the “Husky” linebacker in UConn’s revised defensive scheme. But after a few practices, the coaches moved him back to his more natural safety position. “We moved him to the Husky position and then as we evaluated things between him and Ian (Swenson), we thought it might be better if we put him back at safety,” Edsall said. “And the first day we put him back there, I went to the coaches and said that was the right move.”<<

Revised defensive scheme. Amen to that.

Reaction Score
Trying new video reports this spring & definitely welcome feedback. Do you like the content? Do you prefer these clips as opposed to longer articles? Do you like a mix of articles & video interviews?

Week 2 Practice Recap:

Reaction Score
Trying new video reports this spring & definitely welcome feedback. Do you like the content? Do you prefer these clips as opposed to longer articles? Do you like a mix of articles & video interviews?

Week 2 Practice Recap:

I like the videos more personally. I like the articles too, but the video interviews give you better context and perspective than reading text. The Mensah interview posted a couple weeks ago is a good example of that. You could feel his excitement watching that.

One thing about the video above. I have no video graphic experience whatsoever so I don’t know how difficult it is to do, but can you add player names when they’re talking? I had to look up who #43 was, which isn’t a big deal, but would be helpful.

Reaction Score

Week 2 Practice Recap:

Like the videos plus the articles/write ups.. agree with adding the names when you post a video. I didn’t know who 43 was either. Had to go find last years roster .. but like what your doing!!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Week 2 Practice Recap:

I definitely like the videos the most--the video content is what distinguishes you from the other folks on the beat. You seem to get really good access to players, and so the player videos are unique; I don't get that kind of content from the other guys. The articles are great when it comes to things like talking to recruits after they visit or commit to UConn, but when it comes to covering the beat the videos are where it's at. That's just my two cents. In any case, nice job...the photos are also cool--very high quality.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

Week 2 Practice Recap:

I like the videos but agree that having the player names and position when they are talking would be really helpful. Most people, myself included, are too lazy to look up uniform numbers. :D

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You need both. Video clips alone lack context just as an ordinary conversation you might have in passing. The people covering the beat are spending the time that fans can not. Whatever access they have and extent they are immersed in the day to day of the program is far better than that of the reader.

If the goal of reporting is to connect with fans so that they feel invested in the program, then you need to covey far more than the on the spot thoughts of the players on their way back to the locker room. It's great to hear from them directly but we need more.

For some of us, wearing earphones or having the volume up is not an option.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom