2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2018 UConn Offer List
  1. Matt Jones (DT) - Erasmus Hall High School, Brooklyn NY (Diaco Staff Offer)
  2. Jeremy Ruckert (WR/TE/LB) – Lindenhurst High School, Lindenhurst, NJ (Diaco Staff Offer)
  3. Messiah Swinson (DE/TE) – Long Island Lutheran High School, Glen Head NY (Diaco Staff Offer)
  4. Elijah McAllister (WR/DE) – Rumson-Fair Haven Regional HS, Rumson, New Jersey (Diaco Staff Offer)
  5. Nick Henkel (QB) - Brunswick School in Greenwich CT (Diaco Staff Offer)
  6. Eyabi Anoma (DE) - St Francis Academy, Baltimore MD (Diaco Staff Offer)
  7. Brendan Radley-Hiles (CB) - Calabasas, CA>IMG Academy Bradenton Florida
  8. Kirby Bennet (RB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  9. Dorian Thompson-Robinson (QB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  10. Jalen Nailor (WR) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  11. Brevin Jordan (TE/OLB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  12. Palaie Gaoteote ( LB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  13. Michael Furtney (OL) - Milan High School, Milan Michigan
  14. Eriq Gilyard (LB) - Trinity Christian Academy, Jacksonville Florida
  15. Elijah Wade (DE) - Arbor View High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  16. Manuel Allen (WR/CB) - Centennial High School, Corona California (USC Commit @ time of UConn offer)
  17. Jayson Ademilola (DE/TE) – St. Peter’s Prep, Jersey City , New Jersey (ND Commit 6/26/16) (Diaco Staff Offer)
  18. Justin Ademilola (LB) – St. Peter’s Prep, Jersey City , New Jersey (ND Commit 6/26/16) (Diaco Staff Offer)

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Lost in the shuffle today (h/t to @Drew for reminder):

Eriq Gilyard is a 6-0 220lb LB from Trinity Christian Academy in Jacksonville Florida. Other offers from Alabama, Clemson, Colorado, Duke, Georgia Tech, LSU. Maryland, Michigan, NC State, Nebraska, North Carolina, South Carolina, Oregon State, UCF, VaTech, Charlotte, and Georgia Southern for now.

Quiet Storm - Eriq Gilyard highlights

Okay, I have to ask: Is he a relation to (close, distant relative) Wilbur? If so, he's a legacy & therefore a must have!

Reaction Score
Okay, I have to ask: Is he a relation to (close, distant relative) Wilbur? If so, he's a legacy & therefore a must have!

Thought the same but then noticed it was different spelling Coach. Gilyard versus Gilliard

Reaction Score
I have no issue throwing offers at top kids from other parts of the country that have lower odds of picking us than -- well, you get the point -- but I hope it's not our strategy. I'd rather be chasing the same level recruits in PA and MD and NJ. But presumably that's coming. Or maybe Edsall the younger is just offering the same list that he would have offered if he were still in Boulder.

Reaction Score
I have no issue throwing offers at top kids from other parts of the country that have lower odds of picking us than -- well, you get the point -- but I hope it's not our strategy. I'd rather be chasing the same level recruits in PA and MD and NJ. But presumably that's coming. Or maybe Edsall the younger is just offering the same list that he would have offered if he were still in Boulder.

I don't see anything wrong with expanding our recruiting grounds. I remember not that long ago reading an article about RE2.0 or Lashlee, stating that a lot of kids no nothing about UConn football. The staff knows we have top flight facilities that competes with the big boys. They stated that all they have to do is invite the kids for a visit and we have a shot like any other program.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Medic, I have just a basic knowledge of Twitter and how it works.

When a recruit tweets an offer or commitment it is always part of a collage that includes various UCONN FOOTBALL related pictures. Are those taken from available UCONN pictures Twitter has in some sort of menu or does each person tweeting choose their own?

I ask because there only seems to be a dozen or so pictures used and even the 2017 signees and future offers have the picture of Crazy Bob leading the team out of the tunnel (Your Michael Furtney post above).

Reaction Score
Medic, I have just a basic knowledge of Twitter and how it works.

When a recruit tweets an offer or commitment it is always part of a collage that includes various UCONN FOOTBALL related pictures. Are those taken from available UCONN pictures Twitter has in some sort of menu or does each person tweeting choose their own?

I ask because there only seems to be a dozen or so pictures used and even the 2017 signees and future offers have the picture of Crazy Bob leading the team out of the tunnel (Your Michael Furtney post above).

They just go to da Google and search UConn Football - select "images" in the tool bar and choose what they like. Try it.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
They just go to da Google and search UConn Football - select "images" in the tool bar and choose what they like. Try it.

Rough couple of weeks? I've noticed more 'snark' in your responses lately.

Don't give me the Google put down when my question clearly states most of the pictures kids are using are the same.

Reaction Score

Don't give me the Google put down when my question clearly states most of the pictures kids are using are the same.

Sunshine - I was trying to tell you to try it and see what the first pictures that pop up are... when I did it to check - two of the first three pics were "crazy Bob" coming out of tunnel.

Sorry you took it the way you did.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Sunshine - I was trying to tell you to try it and see what the first pictures that pop up are... when I did it to check - the first three pics were "crazy Bob" coming out of tunnel.

Nurse- You're telling me every recent recruit and signee is using a picture of Bob Diaco leading them to battle because it's one of the first pictures to pop up on Google?

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, yes.....UConn Football Images

They pull the photos off the internet, save them to their device or to an app that has a collage capabilities, then share them through Twitter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nurse- You're telling me every recent recruit and signee is using a picture of Bob Diaco leading them to battle because it's one of the first pictures to pop up on Google?

Monkey see - monkey do? Google is the easiest place to find them. I am unaware of any Twitter menu of UConn photos outside of the "Media" in each individual account.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Monkey see - monkey do? Google is the easiest place to find them. I am unaware of any Twitter menu of UConn photos outside of the "Media" in each individual account.

Thanks, Medic. I promise my original question was sincere.

I just figured if a kid just signed with Randy Edsall at UCONN, wouldn't those be the first words he Googles? If so, this is the first five pictures that show up...

randy edsall uconn - Google Search

And here is the 5th picture in the search. Quite a different face leading out of the tunnel.

hc-randy-edsall-uconn-official-release-1229-20161228.jpg

Reaction Score
Yes

Reaction Score
Thanks, Medic. I promise my original question was sincere.

I just figured if a kid just signed with Randy Edsall at UCONN, wouldn't those be the first words he Googles?

I took it as sincere... I wasn't overthinking it when I responded. I just plugged in UConn Football...

... and I stopped trying to figure out the why and what teenage boys think and do (including my own).

Reaction Score

There was no snark in there. After I read the response I thought I should try it myself.

Reaction Score

Drue Jackson is a 6-1 185lb WR from Sachse High School in Sachse Texas. Other offers from Colorado, Duke, Houston, Illinois, Illinois State, Iowa, Jackson State, Louisville, Tulane, Texas Tech, UCF, Utah, Washington State.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Carson Schlecker is a 5-9 180lb WR from Allen High School in Allen Texas. Other offers from Colorado State, Iowa State, Tulsa, Southern Miss and North Texas.

He put up good numbers this yr. 51 catches for 855 and 8 TDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom