2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Or a CT kid (as the one listed was to play QB in Diaco's system and almost certainly is not the type of QB that we'd be looking for now).

Reaction Score
So do you think that someday we'll offer someone who is more apt to consider us?

I say that only because, well WTF?
I been wondering the same thing. I know it's early but there has got to be some CT senior to be worthy of an offer no?

Reaction Score
I been wondering the same thing. I know it's early but there has got to be some CT senior to be worthy of an offer no?

I'm sure there are but 2018 is not nearly as strong as 2017 was for CT High School/Prep kids. I think Wholley/Crocker will have CT covered.

Bunch of kids (in-state/out of state) coming to Storrs this weekend. See if offers flow then...

Reaction Score
I'm sure there are but 2018 is not nearly as strong as 2017 was for CT High School/Prep kids. I think Wholley/Crocker will have CT covered.

Bunch of kids (in-state/out of state) coming to Storrs this weekend. See if offers flow then..
Agreed. I think 2019 is going to be a strong class, though. Maybe not as strong as 2017 but it should be up there.

Reaction Score
Missed this one the other day...

Jalil Irvin is a 6-4 265lb OL from Stephenson High School in Stone Mountain Georgia. Other offers from Arkansas, Auburn, Connecticut, Georgia, Georgia State, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Tulane, UCF, Virginia, and Virginia Tech,

Reaction Score

Tyler Friday is a 6-3 260lb DE from Don Bosco Prep in Ramsey New Jersey. Other offers from Alabama, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio State, Penn State, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, Tennessee, UCLA, VaTech, WVA, Wisconsin and BC.

Reaction Score

Nihym Anderson is a 6-2 227lb LB from Vineland Senior High School South in Vineland, New Jersey. Other offers from Minnesota, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple, Toledo and BC.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score

Nihym Anderson is a 6-2 227lb LB from Vineland Senior High School South in Vineland, New Jersey. Other offers from Minnesota, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple, Toledo and BC.

WOW..... this kid is fasttttttt, amazing strength and quickness, plays a bit high but if he can work on his hand fighting and leverage goodness.........

Reaction Score

Lancine Turay is a 6-6 240lb DE from Irvington High School in Irvington, New Jersey. He attended UConn Junior Day today. His brother will be a RS Sr DE w/ Rutgers this year. Other offers from Maryland, ODU, Rutgers, Syracuse, UCF, UMass and BC.

Last edited:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Few of our offers are on this list

Reaction Score

Brad Cecil is a 6-4 285lb OL from Bartram Trail High School in Jacksonville Florida. Other offers are Buffalo, Toledo, Yale, Columbia, Gardner-Webb and Samford.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Turon "TJ" Ivy is a 6-5 217lb TE from Marist High School in Chicago, Illinois. Other offers from Ball State, Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Colorado State, Illinois, Illinois State, Indiana, Iowa, Iowa State, Miami (OH), Northern Illinois, Rutgers, Syracuse, Toledo and Western Michigan.

Reaction Score

Elijah Teague is a 6-3 270lb DT from Marist High School in Chicago Illinois. Other offers from Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Cincinnati, CMU, Colorado State, Illinois, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Louisville, Minnesota, Miami Ohio, Neveda, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Penn State, Rutgers, Syracuse, Toledo, Tennessee, UCF, Western Michigan, Wisconsin and BC

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Justin Johnson is a 6-7 350lb OL from Imhotep Institute Charter School in Philadelphia PA. Other offers from
Brigham Young, Michigan State, Missouri, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, San Diego State, Temple, Texas Tech, UMass. Vanderbilt, Virginia, Wisconsin and BC

Last edited:
Reaction Score
HuskyMed, it looks Palaie Gaoteote committed to USC yesterday...

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
So do you think that someday we'll offer someone who is more apt to consider us?
I find value in offering to players we likely won't get. Every one of them puts something out on Twitter, so it's a little bit of good pub. Second, we need to raise the perception of UConn Football. Primarily that is done through the on field results, but it doesn't hurt to see our name listed among the offers with the big time P5 schools. If we're only going after the lesser players (not the right word here but can't find the right ones), that just backs up the perception of us as 2nd tier.

Reaction Score
I find value in offering to players we likely won't get. Every one of them puts something out on Twitter, so it's a little bit of good pub. Second, we need to raise the perception of UConn Football. Primarily that is done through the on field results, but it doesn't hurt to see our name listed among the offers with the big time P5 schools. If we're only going after the lesser players (not the right word here but can't find the right ones), that just backs up the perception of us as 2nd tier.

You really think that our perception is helped by going after say 30 players who look to be clearly out of our league and not getting any of them? I don't understand why that perception is better than throwing out offers that you don't really think will be entertained.

I don't care that the staff is choosing to aim higher -- I just don't see that it matters unless and until you land somebody.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
BL, I agree landing is the key, but that doesn't keep me from seeing the positive of having our name mentioned in the big circles. I don't think there's anyone compiling stats and saying UConn went after 30 4* and got none. It's the company you keep and hopefully we will get a big signing one of these days. As an example, I see value in offering to some out of reach kid at Don Bosco Prep. Gets our name in the school, maybe a tweet by the player and sometimes the school if we're visiting. The kid tells the other players he got a UConn offer. Maybe a kid from a lower class takes an interest in us. How does that hurt?
Keep in mind, I said winning is the primary factor in raising our perception. I just happen to see value in the offer.

Reaction Score

Jake Kradel is a 6-4 270lb OL from Butler High School in Butler PA. Other offers from Bowling Green, Buffalo, Iowa State, Maryland, Minnesota, NC State, Northwestern, Ohio, Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple, Toledo, WMU, West Virginia and Boston College

Reaction Score
isaih pacheco@isaih_pacheco 6 mins ago
Blessed once again god never stops working very thankful to receive another offer from Uconn!!! #GoHuskies
20.jpg

Isaih Pachero is a 5-11 190lb RB/DB/QB/ATH from Vineland Senior High School South, Vineland, New Jersey. Other offers from Maryland, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple and Toledo

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There has to be some sort of strategy to offering a bunch of kids with 15+ other high major (P5) offers...but im not smart enough to figure it out. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom