2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
thanks Medic, you really do it all around here.

Zooconn, my point with the list is to provide concrete proof that G5 schools have virtually no shot at the top kids. The northeast is probably the weakest region for talent and yet G5 schools, according to Scout, could not muster more than a couple kids out the top 150. Yikes. And its not like G5 schools dont try, many of the kids have a 1/2 dozen offers from G5 schools alone, but nothing comes of it. So, I just dont get excited at all about it - unless there is a good story (ie the kid is local, parents are alumni, has friends on the team, takes an official visit, attends our summer camp, etc).
I have already stated, there is one benefit that does have some legs to it in my opinion. I agree that offering top kids sometimes helps bring them to you when they are ready to transfer for more playing time. Yep, that I can see. It worked with David Williams.

Even if none of them ever come to UConn, offering them helps get our name out there and make us more present in the minds of their teammates who are actually attainable targets. You've seen just as well as I have how excited kids get when they receive a new FBS offer, even if it's from us. They still put out a tweet with a photo collage of our players/PAWS-ARF and send it out to all of their peers. It may seem like nothing, but I'm certain it helps at least incrementally.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Even if none of them ever come to UConn, offering them helps get our name out there and make us more present in the minds of their teammates who are actually attainable targets. You've seen just as well as I have how excited kids get when they receive a new FBS offer, even if it's from us. They still put out a tweet with a photo collage of our players/PAWS-ARF and send it out to all of their peers. It may seem like nothing, but I'm certain it helps at least incrementally.

I guess. But if it was that simple, why dont all the programs offer all the kids. No need to respond. Its a rhetorical point.

We have been offering big time kids for years and after they give a quick hat tip and notch their bed post the moment is quickly over.

I agree, we need to offer some, it does plant the seed for the chance of a transfer down the line and in some instances it helps with branding.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Medic Manuel Allen is committed to USC btw. Was at the time of our offer- didn't know if you wanted to annotate it

Reaction Score
Medic Manuel Allen is committed to USC btw. Was at the time of our offer- didn't know if you wanted to annotate it

Roger... knew that in my head any ways. Thx

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Is this a joke??? I watched the Top 5 highlights first.....what the Fork Union? This has to be a joke. Defensively, maybe??? But as a RB.....no way. The kid is slower then whale .

LOL... He found love - not sure if it's mutual but I can see him @ FB. Thought it was interesting that all of a sudden we have kids professing love for UConn football.

Reaction Score
LOL... He found love - not sure if it's mutual but I can see him @ FB. Thought it was interesting that all of a sudden we have kids professing love for UConn football.

That's what I took away from it. Kids liking state U is never a bad thing, especially when they are playing out of state.

Reaction Score
Why not? You are out there looking for last minute '17s, you happen to stop by Bishop Gorman, a powerhouse, while you travel that far you might as well tell half the team that we would be glad to take you next year. You show off your shiny new OC and say hey up and coming, immediate playing time, chance to turn around a once successful program. Then you hit the road and see if they ever call to inquire if not, no sweat. No extra resources or time spent chasing kids with huge offers. Who knows maybe just maybe one of the kids says I guess I'll camp while over the summer while I'm out on the east coast swing. And maybe you talk him into it.

Right!

Reaction Score
Lost in the shuffle today (h/t to @Drew for reminder):

Eriq Gilyard is a 6-0 220lb LB from Trinity Christian Academy in Jacksonville Florida. Other offers from Alabama, Clemson, Colorado, Duke, Georgia Tech, LSU. Maryland, Michigan, NC State, Nebraska, North Carolina, South Carolina, Oregon State, UCF, VaTech, Charlotte, and Georgia Southern for now.

Quiet Storm - Eriq Gilyard highlights

Reaction Score
@huskymedic do you think any of the kids with offers extended by Diaco for 2018 will have them pulled? It's early enough for RE and his staff to move in another direction and no harm no foul.

Reaction Score
@huskymedic do you think any of the kids with offers extended by Diaco for 2018 will have them pulled? It's early enough for RE and his staff to move in another direction and no harm no foul.

Sure... but some of those kids (Jones, Ruckert, Phommachanh, Anoma) have blown up as well and the new staff would probably test the water on the majority of the seven anyways. All depends on projected needs and new coach relationships w/ high schools.

Reaction Score
2018 UConn Offer List
  1. Matt Jones (DT) - Erasmus Hall High School, Brooklyn NY (Diaco Staff Offer)
  2. Jeremy Ruckert (WR/TE/LB) – Lindenhurst High School, Lindenhurst, NJ (Diaco Staff Offer)
  3. Messiah Swinson (DE/TE) – Long Island Lutheran High School, Glen Head NY (Diaco Staff Offer)
  4. Elijah McAllister (WR/DE) – Rumson-Fair Haven Regional HS, Rumson, New Jersey (Diaco Staff Offer)
  5. Nick Henkel (QB) - Brunswick School in Greenwich CT (Diaco Staff Offer)
  6. Taisun Phommachanh (QB) - Avon Old Farms School, Avon CT (Diaco Staff Offer)
  7. Eyabi Anoma (DE) - St Francis Academy, Baltimore MD (Diaco Staff Offer)
  8. Brendan Radley-Hiles (CB) - Calabasas, CA>IMG Academy Bradenton Florida
  9. Kirby Bennet (RB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  10. Dorian Thompson-Robinson (QB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  11. Jalen Nailor (WR) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  12. Brevin Jordan (TE/OLB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  13. Palaie Gaoteote ( LB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  14. Michael Furtney (OL) - Milan High School, Milan Michigan
  15. Eriq Gilyard (LB) - Trinity Christian Academy, Jacksonville Florida
  16. Manuel Allen (WR/CB) - Centennial High School, Corona California (USC Commit @ time of UConn offer)
  17. Jayson Ademilola (DE/TE) – St. Peter’s Prep, Jersey City , New Jersey (ND Commit 6/26/16) (Diaco Staff Offer)
  18. Justin Ademilola (LB) – St. Peter’s Prep, Jersey City , New Jersey (ND Commit 6/26/16) (Diaco Staff Offer)

Reaction Score
Sure... but some of those kids (Jones, Ruckert, Phommachanh, Anoma) have blown up as well and the new staff would probably test the water on the majority of the seven anyways. All depends on projected needs and new coach relationships w/ high schools.
thanks

Reaction Score
Lost in the shuffle today (h/t to @Drew for reminder):

Eriq Gilyard is a 6-0 220lb LB from Trinity Christian Academy in Jacksonville Florida. Other offers from Alabama, Clemson, Colorado, Duke, Georgia Tech, LSU. Maryland, Michigan, NC State, Nebraska, North Carolina, South Carolina, Oregon State, UCF, VaTech, Charlotte, and Georgia Southern for now.

Quiet Storm - Eriq Gilyard highlights

This kid brings the hammer when he hits and he is quick.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Huskymedic, looks like the Edsall 2.0 staff will be keeping you busy this year.

Reaction Score
2018 UConn Offer List
  1. Matt Jones (DT) - Erasmus Hall High School, Brooklyn NY (Diaco Staff Offer)
  2. Jeremy Ruckert (WR/TE/LB) – Lindenhurst High School, Lindenhurst, NJ (Diaco Staff Offer)
  3. Messiah Swinson (DE/TE) – Long Island Lutheran High School, Glen Head NY (Diaco Staff Offer)
  4. Elijah McAllister (WR/DE) – Rumson-Fair Haven Regional HS, Rumson, New Jersey (Diaco Staff Offer)
  5. Nick Henkel (QB) - Brunswick School in Greenwich CT (Diaco Staff Offer)
  6. Taisun Phommachanh (QB) - Avon Old Farms School, Avon CT (Diaco Staff Offer)
  7. Eyabi Anoma (DE) - St Francis Academy, Baltimore MD (Diaco Staff Offer)
  8. Brendan Radley-Hiles (CB) - Calabasas, CA>IMG Academy Bradenton Florida
  9. Kirby Bennet (RB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  10. Dorian Thompson-Robinson (QB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  11. Jalen Nailor (WR) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  12. Brevin Jordan (TE/OLB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  13. Palaie Gaoteote ( LB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  14. Michael Furtney (OL) - Milan High School, Milan Michigan
  15. Eriq Gilyard (LB) - Trinity Christian Academy, Jacksonville Florida
  16. Elijah Wade (DE) - Arbor View High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  17. Manuel Allen (WR/CB) - Centennial High School, Corona California (USC Commit @ time of UConn offer)
  18. Jayson Ademilola (DE/TE) – St. Peter’s Prep, Jersey City , New Jersey (ND Commit 6/26/16) (Diaco Staff Offer)
  19. Justin Ademilola (LB) – St. Peter’s Prep, Jersey City , New Jersey (ND Commit 6/26/16) (Diaco Staff Offer)

Reaction Score
I believe Phommachanh reclassified to 2019.
And please tell me the staff has offered Travis Jones of Wilbur Cross! Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom