Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2018 UConn Offer List
  1. Jayson Ademilola (DE/TE) – St. Peter’s Prep, Jersey City , New Jersey
  2. Justin Ademilola (LB) – St. Peter’s Prep, Jersey City , New Jersey
  3. Matt Jones (DT) - Erasmus Hall High School, Brooklyn NY
  4. Jeremy Ruckert (WR/TE/LB) – Lindenhurst High School, Lindenhurst, NJ
  5. Messiah Swinson (DE/TE) – Long Island Lutheran High School, Glen Head NY
  6. Elijah McAllister (WR/DE) – Rumson-Fair Haven Regional HS, Rumson, New Jersey
  7. Nick Henkel (QB) - Brunswick School in Greenwich CT

Reaction Score
From unlinkable site:

>>Ademilola twins commit to Notre Dame

A visit to Notre Dame has sealed the deal for Jersey City (NJ) St. Peter's Prep Top247 defensive lineman Jayson Ademilolaand Justin Ademilola as both four-star 2018s have committed to Notre Dame.

Jayson is an interior guy and Justin could play outside linebacker or defensive end. "Really I felt comfortable there. The atmosphere, the great education and the opportunity to be successful there and I believe I fit in that program and be special on the football team as well," Jayson said.

"Same thing with Jayson," Justin said. "I fell in love with the campus and players there and the coaches I think I connected with Coach Gilmore there. I told my coach a week and a half ago if Notre Dame offers I'm going to commit there because I think that's the place to be because of the education and football."<<

Reaction Score
2018 UConn Offer List
  1. Matt Jones (DT) - Erasmus Hall High School, Brooklyn NY
  2. Jeremy Ruckert (WR/TE/LB) – Lindenhurst High School, Lindenhurst, NJ
  3. Messiah Swinson (DE/TE) – Long Island Lutheran High School, Glen Head NY
  4. Elijah McAllister (WR/DE) – Rumson-Fair Haven Regional HS, Rumson, New Jersey
  5. Nick Henkel (QB) - Brunswick School in Greenwich CT
  6. Jayson Ademilola (DE/TE) – St. Peter’s Prep, Jersey City , New Jersey (ND Commit 6/26/16)
  7. Justin Ademilola (LB) – St. Peter’s Prep, Jersey City , New Jersey (ND Commit 6/26/16)

Reaction Score
Christon Gill @C_G_7
16 mins ago
Congrats to my lil bro Taisun Phommachanh receiving his 1st offer#UConn

But almost immediately deleted...

As a reminder of who he is... Freshman QB at Harding

JohnHoltWFSB 3:33pm via Twitter for iPhone
Learned that rising JR QB Taisun Phommachanh (UConn offer/BC & FSU interest) is transferring from @WHHSPresidents to Avon Old Farms.#cthsfb

Sean Patrick Bowley@SPBowley 13 mins ago
Confirmed. Phommachanh going to Avon Old Farms Also: Bloomfield’s Dillon Harris is going to Cheshire Academy #cthsfb

Sean Patrick Bowley@SPBowley 9 mins ago
Phommachanh’s relationship w former AOF star Christon Gill made this move possible. He’ll reclassify as soph #cthsfb

Reaction Score
nickhenkel153:34pm via Twitter for iPhone
Received an offer today from the University of Connecticut #huskies#hustleincqb @tballardqbcoach

Nick Henkel is a 6-4 180lb QB from the Brunswick School in Greenwich CT. Other current offers from Yale and Rutgers.
As a sophomore at Brunswick, Henkel through for 2,313 yards, 31 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He completed 170 of 272 passes.

Greenwich Time Spts@GreenwichSports 2 hours ago
Brunswick, Henkel take second at Grip It & Rip It

>>Coming off a successful sophomore season — his first as starting quarterback for the Bruins — Henkel has already received offers to play football at schools such as Rutgers, UConn and Yale. “I’m really excited for the upcoming season,” said Henkel, who is also interested in schools such as Wisconsin, Vanderbilt, Michigan and Boston College.<<

Other recent article on Henkel: Connecticut Players To Watch: Nick Henkel, Brunswick - MSG Varsity

Last edited:
Reaction Score
JohnHoltWFSB 3:33pm via Twitter for iPhone
Learned that rising JR QB Taisun Phommachanh (UConn offer/BC & FSU interest) is transferring from @WHHSPresidents to Avon Old Farms.#cthsfb

Sean Patrick Bowley@SPBowley 13 mins ago
Confirmed. Phommachanh going to Avon Old Farms Also: Bloomfield’s Dillon Harris is going to Cheshire Academy #cthsfb

Sean Patrick Bowley@SPBowley 9 mins ago
Phommachanh’s relationship w former AOF star Christon Gill made this move possible. He’ll reclassify as soph #cthsfb

I heard he's reclassing to '19

Really, really want this kid but it sounds like he's looking for bigger offers.

Reaction Score
I heard he's reclassing to '19

Really, really want this kid but it sounds like he's looking for bigger offers.

He needs better competition either way...

Partly been lazy to move him into the 2019 thread and partly waiting to see verification that he reclassifies as a Soph as Holt/Bowley report he will.

Reaction Score
He needs better competition either way...

Partly been lazy to move him into the 2019 thread and partly waiting to see verification that he reclassifies as a Soph as Holt/Bowley report he will.
I'm not sold on this kid.....yet. He put up big numbers against Tech competition. Love his size and athleticism, but he disappeared in the state playoff game. Deer in headlights....bad, when all eyes were on him. We'll see how this plays out a AOF. May be smart for him to reclassify. He can grow physically and become more polished. Wish him well.

Reaction Score
I'm not sold on this kid.....yet. He put up big numbers against Tech competition. Love his size and athleticism, but he disappeared in the state playoff game. Deer in headlights....bad, when all eyes were on him. We'll see how this plays out a AOF. May be smart for him to reclassify. He can grow physically and become more polished. Wish him well.

He played well in the FCIAC his freshman year. His team was awful so I don't put a ton of stock into the NDWH game.

Reaction Score
He played well in the FCIAC his freshman year. His team was awful so I don't put a ton of stock into the NDWH game.
I think his numbers are directly related to playing from behind as a freshman and playing Tech schools as a sophomore. When he's played against decent defensive teams, he's struggled or put up numbers late when the game's outcome has already been decided. A red flag for me is his weight. On the MaxPreps football page he's listed at 6'3, 180 in the fall of his sophomore season, yet during that winter's basketball season he's listed at 6'3, 155. From what I've seen he's probably closer to weighing 155. He's very slight. Reclassifying can only help.

Reaction Score
There is a report by AK on TOS (and retweeted by the player) that Fordham Prep QB Matt Velecce is visiting the Rent this weekend for the UVA game.

Matt is a 6-5 200lb QB from Fordham Prep in Bronx NY. Matt does not appear to have any offers as of yet.
Sophomore Year Varsity Highlights

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
wowwwwwwww, kids got great size, could for sure add a few lbs but holy cow this kid is accurate, not the strongest arm but great footwork, has the ability to evade pressure while still keeping eyes down field and can thread the needle. would be nice to lock this kid up early before the big boys come calling.

Reaction Score
Good arm, although a hitch in delivery. Appears to be more of a pocket passer - do we have a TYPE of QB we like; we want to grow O around. I assumed with last 2 that we were looking for more mobile QBs.

One thing I love about this staff, regardless, is that they seem to want to ID their QB early in the process and then build a class around him.

Reaction Score
Kid can sling it.
Decent speed for a big kid.
Like his poise in the pocket.
Looks like he would be a nice get.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score

great size, pretty good accuracy (already makes some throws no one on our current roster can) and great field/ pocket presence. one thing i will say is he has a bit of an odd delivery, reminds me a little of tyler lorenzens delivery, looks a little quirky but accurate.

Reaction Score
Notice MV picked up an offer from Brown @ the beginning of the month.

Reaction Score
Adam Friedman@RivalsFriedman 44 mins ago
2018 DE Eyabi Anoma talks about his 5 new offers + 1st offer from #Pitt
#Terps #WVU #Cuse #UConn #Delaware
(google - "Five more offers for 2018 DE Eyabi Anoma for full article)

Eyabi is a 6-5 230lb. #9 in video:

>>Junior defensive end Eyabi Anoma has been having a phenomenal season for Baltimore (Md.) St. Frances and his recruitment hit another gear on Thursday. Anoma found out that Maryland, Syracuse, West Virginia, Connecticut, and Delaware extended him scholarship offers.<<

>>“I heard that Delaware and Connecticut are rebuilding and doing all right," Anoma said. "I’m going to have to take a look at them to learn more.”<<

>>College coaches will find Anoma’s explosiveness off the edge, aggressiveness, and size very attractive. His hand techniques are still very raw but he plays much stronger than he looks and has a motor that doesn’t quit. There are many more offers in store for Anoma<

Reaction Score
2018 UConn Offer List
  1. Matt Jones (DT) - Erasmus Hall High School, Brooklyn NY
  2. Jeremy Ruckert (WR/TE/LB) – Lindenhurst High School, Lindenhurst, NJ
  3. Messiah Swinson (DE/TE) – Long Island Lutheran High School, Glen Head NY
  4. Elijah McAllister (WR/DE) – Rumson-Fair Haven Regional HS, Rumson, New Jersey
  5. Nick Henkel (QB) - Brunswick School in Greenwich CT
  6. Taisun Phommachanh (QB) - Avon Old Farms School, Avon CT
  7. Eyabi Anoma (DE) - St Francis Academy, Baltimore MD
  8. Jayson Ademilola (DE/TE) – St. Peter’s Prep, Jersey City , New Jersey (ND Commit 6/26/16)
  9. Justin Ademilola (LB) – St. Peter’s Prep, Jersey City , New Jersey (ND Commit 6/26/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom