2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 22 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
mataeo durant‏ @mataeo_durant 22m 22 minutes ago
What better day to receive yet another double blessing my 14th and 15th offer from UCONN & University North Carolina Charlotte #BLESSED

Mataeo Durant is a 6-1 190lb RB/LB from McCormick High School in McCormick South Carolina. Other offers from App State, Charlotte, Citadel, Duke, ECU, Ga State, Mississippi State, ODU, Presbyterian, VaTech, Wake Forest, WVA, Wofford and Yale

Reaction Score
Daevon‏ @daevon_7 5m 5 minutes ago
Excited to say I have received my 9th offer from The University of Connecticut #lb#us

Daevon Robinson is a 6-4 205lb WR/DE/Athlete from Shawnee High School in Medford New Jersey. Other offers from Coastal Carolina, NC State, ODU, Rutgers, Temple, UCF, UMass and BC.

From a Todderick Hunt NJ.com article back in February:

>>"I play almost every position in high school," he said. "I mostly play receiver on offense and defensive end on defense, but I move around a lot to help the team out. I also play quarterback, I play tailback, I play tight end. And on defense, I play safety and I play outside linebacker."

So far, teams have recruited him to four spots. "I've heard teams say they are looking at me as an athletic tight end, big receiver, defensive end, outside linebacker," he said. "Those are the main positions Ive heard that coaches want me to play."<<

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Might be time to cool our jets and understand that our recruiting season won't take off until mid fall when kids with great senior seasons find no seats at the major programs and they get to see what RE 2.0 is all about in action. This staff got a lot done in Jan 2017, so probably should expect the same thrilling rush to fill slots in Dec'17 this year.

Reaction Score
020.jpg

Reaction Score
Might be time to cool our jets and understand that our recruiting season won't take off until mid fall when kids with great senior seasons find no seats at the major programs and they get to see what RE 2.0 is all about in action. This staff got a lot done in Jan 2017, so probably should expect the same thrilling rush to fill slots in Dec'17 this year.

Seems you're missing historical progressions ...

In weeks we will have our "camps". For as long as I remember & through PP/Disco, these are platforms to embrace kids we want & measure/find new guys.

Like past years, we should have 9-14 Commitments verbally by Sept.

Reaction Score

I don't have epileptic seizures, but my brother does, so if you do, don't click on the video. Whew...... If flashy stuff gives you migraines, don't click on it.

Not putting this on you medic, but what was the meaning of that video? I get the 6th borough stuff, but that was just...I don't know.

Reaction Score
I don't have epileptic seizures, but my brother does, so if you do, don't click on the video. Whew. If flashy stuff gives you migraines, don't click on it.

Not putting this on you medic, but what was the meaning of that video? I get the 6th borough stuff, but that was just...I don't know.

That Jon will be recruiting in NYC recruiting this week? UConn is chasing a bunch of kids in the Boros and Island.

We're getting old - kids like flashy. As someone who has been around multi-color strobe lights/emergency lighting patterns for a large part of my career - that was mild! Didn't think twice... sorry.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That Jon will be recruiting in NYC recruiting this week? UConn is chasing a bunch of kids in the Boros and Island.

We're getting old - kids like flashy. As someone who has been around multi-color strobe lights/emergency lighting patterns for a large part of my career - that was mild! Didn't think twice... sorry.

That was in no way intended to slight you. It was just a weird video that moved too fast to see anything. I was a bit over the top with the seizure comments. Keep on doing the fine work you do. Pay no attention to the man behind the keyboard. :D

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
As pudge noted, we historically (especially under HCREv1.0) lock down 3-5 commits during the June camp. Based on the early interest from solid targets, I'm hoping we land 1-2 before camp, 3-5 during camp and then a couple more before game 1. That could get us 10 or so going into the fall recruiting season. Might be a little aggressive, but we know HCRE's propensity for finding the under the radar guys who could be unearthed during camp.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
As pudge noted, we historically (especially under HCREv1.0) lock down 3-5 commits during the June camp. Based on the early interest from solid targets, I'm hoping we land 1-2 before camp, 3-5 during camp and then a couple more before game 1. That could get us 10 or so going into the fall recruiting season. Might be a little aggressive, but we know HCRE's propensity for finding the under the radar guys who could be unearthed during camp.
We'll see. They are also clearly aiming higher than the past administration. Therefore, I could see it going into the fall season with fewer than usual commits as RE 2.0 hopes to dial it up a notch in December when those senior seasons are in. Our typical kid is someone not on the radar until November of their senior year.

Reaction Score

Elijah Jones is a 6-4 170lb DB/WR from Cardinal Hayes High School in Bronx New York. Other offers from Albany, Army, Howard, Purdue and BC. Was up @ UConn during Junior days.
Elijah Jones highlights

Snippet on Jones from Rivals 3 Stripe camp this weekend: >>One of the most impressive performances in a one-on-one setting was Jones intercepting passes on each of his first three reps and having the ball just deflect off his fingers on his fourth rep. The long and lean athlete prospect seemed to know where the ball was going before the quarterback even threw it. He still has some fundamental kinks to work out, but it is nothing that cannot be coached up. That ballhawk mentality, though, is uncoachable, and Jones definitely has it.<,

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Daevon‏ @daevon_7 5m 5 minutes ago
Excited to say I have received my 9th offer from The University of Connecticut #lb#us

Daevon Robinson is a 6-4 205lb WR/DE/Athlete from Shawnee High School in Medford New Jersey. Other offers from Coastal Carolina, NC State, ODU, Rutgers, Temple, UCF, UMass and BC.

From a Todderick Hunt NJ.com article back in February:

>>"I play almost every position in high school," he said. "I mostly play receiver on offense and defensive end on defense, but I move around a lot to help the team out. I also play quarterback, I play tailback, I play tight end. And on defense, I play safety and I play outside linebacker."

So far, teams have recruited him to four spots. "I've heard teams say they are looking at me as an athletic tight end, big receiver, defensive end, outside linebacker," he said. "Those are the main positions Ive heard that coaches want me to play."<<

With full credit and attribution to Richie Schnyderite @ Storrs Central - a couple of interesting paragraphs from a longer article today about Daevon Robinson:

>>"Coach Crocker ask me to call and I called him and he explained to me how the TE coach loved my film,” Robinson told Storrs Central. "He also told me that they would want me to play offense at UConn. After that he said he wants to give me a chance to play at UConn so he's gonna offer me a scholarship."<<

>>UConn was one of the first schools to make contact with Robinson. Also, Corey Edsall and Robinson have developed a good relationship. “UConn was actually the second ever college I ever got a look from right after Rutgers. I’ve been hearing a lot from coaches Crocker, Edsall, and Zykowski. Out of those guys I have the best relationship with Coach Edsall. We just talk to each other like we are boys, basically like he's one of my close friends but we talk like regular friends,” said Robinson.<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom