2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 23 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Jahlil Ryles is a 6-2 300lb OL from Central High School in Phenix City Alabama. Other offers from Jacksonville State, Presbyterian, and Southern Miss.
Jahlil Ryles highlights

This is where we need to recruit more often... Kids in South live/breath football year round... To get a kid in the trenches on OL would be huge for us

Reaction Score

Evan Fields is a 6-6 265lb OL/DL from East Coweta High School in Sharpsburg, Georgia. Other offers from Army, Charlotte, EKU, FAU, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Jacksonville State,Memphis, Mercer, Samford, UT-Martin.

Evan Fields (OT) - 2016 Midseason highlights

Emerging offensive lineman shares his thoughts on Georgia
>>When it comes to the recruiting process, Fields is seeing increased interest but has no real preferences yet.
"I'm open to any school," Fields said. "I don't really have a dream school."<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Julian Sams 2018 Recruiting Thread
Article by @RichieSRivals @ Storrs Central: Google title "VA OL Julian Sams on UConn Offer"

>>“I talked with coaches Cox, Z, and Grimes the most out of everyone on the staff. They basically were just telling me that I would be a great fit for their program. They left a good impression on me. I though they were really cool and very straight forward with me,” Sams said.

After the recent trip Sams informed us of his top 3 list of schools right now in no specific order. “As of right now my top three schools are Ohio, Old Dominion, and UConn. I’m hoping to have my final decision sometime either before my first game of the season or maybe just a few days before signing day,” Sams stated.

In the meantime Sams plans on visiting UConn one more time on May 13th. He also plans to see ODU on June 10th and Ohio on June 24th.<<

Reaction Score
Any idea who he might be referring to?

As noted could be completely unrelated to recruiting as RE continues to have UConn football alumni stopping by weekly. I would imagine there are a few stopping by for a visit/tour today (Julian Sams for one).

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I am pretty excited about some of these recruits, especially the ones that are in the northeast and/or have been to campus. It would be super terrific to pick up the local product Bothroyd (BC has now offered) for DL, Sams for OL/DL, the athletes Daevon Robinson (who seems to have us as an early favorite) and/or Elijah Jones (NYC guy) or that shifty speedster Boykin (already did an unofficial visit with us).

Bothroyd in particular would be a shame to see lost to BC as a kid from EO Smith High School/Storrs. He looks like one of the better prospects we have had on our radar to replace Fatusaki as a truly disruptive DL guy.

Reaction Score
Connor Galvin‏ @cbabyg76 3h 3 hours ago
Blessed to receive an offer from UCONN
020.jpg

Connor Galvin is a 6-7 250lb OT from Katy High School in Katy Texas. Other offers from Arizona, Baylor, Colorado, Duke, Florida, Houston, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana-Lafayette, Minnesota, SMU, TCU, Texas State, Tulsa, UCLA, UT-San Antonio and BC

Reaction Score
Bothroyd in particular would be a shame to see lost to BC as a kid from EO Smith High School/Storrs.
Unless there is a personal connection - growing up in the shadows of campus is a reason I think he may wander. My gut (and admit I can be 100% wrong) is that if he was bent on UConn, he'd have committed already (unless he is waiting for a special meaningful date).

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Unless there is a personal connection - growing up in the shadows of campus is a reason I think he may wander. My gut (and admit I can be 100% wrong) is that if he was bent on UConn, he'd have committed already (unless he is waiting for a special meaningful date).
I totally agree with your line of thinking....but I hope he just wants to see some other places/entertain some other offers before sticking with the home town team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom