2018-2019 Schedule Nearly Complete | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2018-2019 Schedule Nearly Complete

Reaction Score
You beat me to the punch, and your calculations are correct. I was going to share that observation also. A true "homecoming" game for Lou would be in Pauley Pavilion (UCLA).

Too bad he beat u to the punch. I was really hoping it would be u too set me straight.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Home state any way. I’d gladly take that drive in my convertible.
It’s a beautiful drive up the coast, but outside of Lou’s immediate family I doubt we’ll see the usual crowd of friends, grandparents, etc. that would show up if the game were in Southern California.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I could be wrong here, but I don't think any team sets a goal of going undefeated at the beginning of the season. There are too many other realistic reachable goals they can set. It's too hard, and really doesn't mean anything if you don't win it all. In the 36 years (1982) the NCAA has been in governing women's college sports, there have been only 9 undefeated women's D-1 basketball teams. UConn owns 6 of those accomplishments (Texas 1986, Tennessee 1998 and Baylor 2012 - the other 3). During the course of the season, you focus on the BIGGEST game on your schedule.......the next one!!!. You do that and let the chips fall where they may.

Everyone's goal is to make the field of 64 at the end of the season, then win all 6 games. I fondly remember 2014-2015 season. UConn lost the 2nd game on the schedule to Stanford. I thought at the time it was a "good and timely loss" (early in the season). They regrouped, refocused and ran the table from there through the championship game in April to win the NC. Everybody was happy. :D

After the season was over, I don't recall anyone being distraught over the loss, wishing the team had gone undefeated. UConn fans were too busy reveling, giving high fives and enjoying their favorite adult beverages to care about that. I'll repeat and endorse what another poster recently said...."I'd be OK with 4-5 losses this year if UConn wins the NC." I'll take it a step further. If UConn wins #12 this season, I'll buy the first round. Cheers. ;)

I'd be surprised if any team sets a goal of going undefeated, but many fans did predict that UCONN would go undefeated in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2018. At the onset of each of those years, I would've bet on UCONN going undefeated vs. them losing a game. Compare those years to ND next year, and I don't think many people would bet money on Notre Dame running the table in 2018-19. There's definitely pressure to repeat, but they will not carry the same amount of pressure that the Huskies carried this past year or during the Stewart era. That was the main point I was making.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
It’s a beautiful drive up the coast, but outside of Lou’s immediate family I doubt we’ll see the usual crowd of friends, grandparents, etc. that would show up if the game were in Southern California.
I will be there, and quite frankly I would rather fly from OC to Oakland than to drive on the 405 from OC to LA.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I will be there, and quite frankly I would rather fly from OC to Oakland than to drive on the 405 from OC to LA.

Agreed, that's a trip that would be best traveled in the friendly skies. 1 hour 15 mins from the IE to the Oakland airport. And if you're nice and friendly to the cabin stewards and stewardesses, you might score some complimentary nuts and a soft drink.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom