Source: Jim Fuller

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Home games: DePaul, Ohio State, South Carolina, Seton Hall, Vanderbilt

Road games: California, Notre Dame, Baylor, Louisville, Oklahoma, St. Louis

Paradise Jam three-game tourney in Virgin Islands against yet unknown opponents

I like this. We usually have to wait until late summer before we get any news regarding the schedule for the up coming season. They're making another trip to California (Berkeley), this time right in my back yard. Lots of UConn fans out here.........more than you'd think. I count 14 games, this is great. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Good about Paradise Jam. I guess that means more than 38 games. Good. The more we play, the more we win, and the faster Geno catches Tara and then Pat. :eek:

Good about Baylor. Hmm, no Stanford, no Texas, no Maryland, no UCLA. I can't remember the reasons we are not playing these teams next year. I know this was discussed on BY. I'm getting more and more senior. Head bang Thoughts on the teams we are not playing? Hmm, wouldn't it be great to play MS?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
When are UConn and Mississippi State going to schedule a regular season game?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Road schedule interesting, home schedule not so much. SC minus Wilson, OSU minus Mitchell. Seton Hall?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Psyched about Paradise Jam. The Islands could use the visit. Gonna start saving the big bucks and planning my basketball/SCUBA trip!
h
Been to USVI on numerous occasions to snorkel, sail and generally relax and drink rum. I will certainly look into planning a trip to visit again and watch the Huskies, but I am a concerned at what shape the islands are in following the devastation of Irma & Maria.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Was hoping UCONN would put Penn State on the schedule for 2018-20 seasons so that De'Janae Boykin could return to UCONN as a Junior and Kyla Irwin could have a home coming at PSU as a senior.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Good about Paradise Jam. I guess that means more than 38 games. Good. The more we play, the more we win, and the faster Geno catches Tara and then Pat. :eek:

Good about Baylor. Hmm, no Stanford, no Texas, no Maryland, no UCLA. I can't remember the reasons we are not playing these teams next year. I know this was discussed on BY. I'm getting more and more senior. Head bang Thoughts on the teams we are not playing? Hmm, wouldn't it be great to play MS?
I too would love to see MS St on the schedule. As for the ranked teams that will drop off the schedule next year, as much as those coaches try to spin their losses to UConn as “testing their team against the best” and so on, it has to be demoralizing to continually come up short vs the Huskies.

Over the past few seasons, Brenda has been the most creative in spinning her losses to UConn, and I have to admit that I find her pregame “win one for the Gipper” speeches thoroughly entertaining. But the truth is that for MD and a number of other top teams, the possibility of actually beating UConn is a pure fantasy so long as the little Italian guy is running the show in Storrs.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I too would love to see MS St on the schedule. As for the ranked teams that will drop off the schedule next year, as much as those coaches try to spin their losses to UConn as “testing their team against the best” and so on, it has to be demoralizing to continually come up short vs the Huskies.

Over the past few seasons, Brenda has been the most creative in spinning her losses to UConn, and I have to admit that I find her pregame “win one for the Gipper” speeches thoroughly entertaining. But the truth is that for MD and a number of other top teams, the possibility of actually beating UConn is a pure fantasy so long as the little Italian guy is running the show in Storrs.

"Pure fantasy". I think that accurately describes the situation. Most coaches have run out of patience trying scheme and plot to beat a UConn program that loses once every 2-3 years.

Reaction Score
Home games: DePaul, Ohio State, South Carolina, Seton Hall, Vanderbilt

Road games: California, Notre Dame, Baylor, Louisville, Oklahoma, St. Louis

Paradise Jam three-game tourney in Virgin Islands against yet unknown opponents

A bit thin compared to recent years. I count only 4 teams that could be top 10, and maybe not even that.
Seton Hall, Vandy, StL won't be ranked at all.
And Paradise Jam can be hit or miss.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Disappointed Texas won't be on UConn's schedule next season. But, there are only so many slots :) Hope the series can be renewed sooner rather than later.
There’s still room on the schedule for a game or 2. I wouldn’t be surprised if TX and/or MD remain on UConn’s schedule next season subject to working out new Home & Home agreements between the schools.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Since my new passport didn't make it in time to see Kia in Toronto (still upset about that)... I wanna go to The V.I. baby!!! Wait a second.... you don't even need a passport to go there... GRRRRR!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does anyone know why Seton Hall is on the schedule for next year? I watched Seton Hall play Creighton last night, I'm not trying to be rude but Fort Hays State will probably give UCONN a better run than Seton Hall.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Does anyone know why Seton Hall is on the schedule for next year? I watched Seton Hall play Creighton last night, I'm not trying to be rude but Fort Hays State will probably give UCONN a better run than Seton Hall.
Maybe Geno is good friends with Tony. That would be my guess.

Reaction Score
Series delayed due to the addition of Nevada game this season

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
No, there isn't.
11 games listed + 3 Paradise Jam + 16 conf = 30 games.
I’m pretty sure that if a team plays in a holiday tournament, since making it to the finals is not guaranteed, a team is allowed to schedule additional games assuming they could be knocked out in the 1st round. That’s how UConn has played up to 40 games in past seasons

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Psyched about Paradise Jam. The Islands could use the visit. Gonna start saving the big bucks and planning my basketball/SCUBA trip!
h
We’ll see you there!

Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure that if a team plays in a holiday tournament, since making it to the finals is not guaranteed, a team is allowed to schedule additional games assuming they could be knocked out in the 1st round. That’s how UConn has played up to 40 games in past seasons

The paradise jam is 3 guaranteed games. No elimination.

Reaction Score
h
I wonder how the two hurricanes treated the little bit of coral they have (had?)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom